Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Another Poser...MB Faker Getting Owned

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-08, 10:57 AM
LexFather

You know I have to say there are some differences between the NSX Prime ownage and this one.
The NSXPrime ownage was truly funny and truly ownage. This Benz one is more a pissing contest with some pretty sad comments.

Old 02-20-08, 01:11 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

MBWorld gets a boat load of posers. I don't why MBWorld is almost the only site I'm on that ever gets them. You guys should search for ClayJ or NOTKTS when you're bored and read up on those threads. Classic ownage right there.
Old 02-20-08, 03:44 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They used to get a few badge posers on e46fanatics but they ragged on them so hard they ran them out of town.
I don't know, if someone mods a 3 series with wheels/tires, suspension and engine mods, they may have a right to an M badge. M stands for motorsports doesn't it. A modded bimmer fits that description, huh?
Old 02-20-08, 04:26 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
They used to get a few badge posers on e46fanatics but they ragged on them so hard they ran them out of town.
I don't know, if someone mods a 3 series with wheels/tires, suspension and engine mods, they may have a right to an M badge. M stands for motorsports doesn't it. A modded bimmer fits that description, huh?
I don't know how BMW M philosophy is, but AMG's is spelled out pretty clearly.
Old 02-20-08, 04:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

absolutely not. m means m power, designated cars defined by bmw.

it's like is250 with wheels and suspension, you call that is-f?
Old 02-20-08, 05:07 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
absolutely not. m means m power, designated cars defined by bmw.

it's like is250 with wheels and suspension, you call that is-f?
Yeah, I agree...just tried throwing something out there trying to support the posers. Oh well.
Old 02-20-08, 06:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yeah, I agree...just tried throwing something out there trying to support the posers. Oh well.
oh ahhaha, sorry i didn't read the sarcasm to them, they can justify everything
Old 02-20-08, 06:25 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand what the point is of fake AMG badges. Pretty much anybody that knows what AMG means would probably be able to tell if it's a fake, everybody else probably doesn't care at all, a regular 3-pointed star is probably just as impressive with or without the "AMG" to 95% of the population
Old 02-20-08, 06:51 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Imagine if you bought your kid a $50k luxury sedan and then caught him on the forums being a jackazz. I'd probably join in on the ownage just to teach the little bastard a lesson. And then I'd sell the car and stick that E63 badge on his shoes.
Old 02-20-08, 07:12 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow the amount of bull crap is amazing.

1. He claims because he has the newest car, it's the best. Every one else's car suck because it's old???

2. Apparently because it's modded (2 upgrades a week on avg), it's better than the E 63 AMG but he'll put those badges anyway.

3. An E63AMG has a 6.3 litre engine (I swore it's a 6.2 litre???)

Oh man that is good. Where's the popcorn?
Old 02-20-08, 07:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by thetopdog
I don't understand what the point is of fake AMG badges. Pretty much anybody that knows what AMG means would probably be able to tell if it's a fake, everybody else probably doesn't care at all, a regular 3-pointed star is probably just as impressive with or without the "AMG" to 95% of the population
there goes definition of poser

actually i think a lot of people can't distinguish real amg from fake ones. unless you are car enthusiasts a lot of times you could be deceived. and that's where posers find their prides i guess
Old 02-20-08, 07:35 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

What a stupid little weinie
Those wheels look like the ebay fake amgs, not even the one that s63 uses.

I don't understand these idiots. From M3, to M5, to //AMGs. Another one is an S430 as an S600.

Why can't he be content with an E class?
Old 02-20-08, 07:44 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it's not SO bad that he puts the AMG badge (a lot of NON AMG MB gets the AMG badges from the factory)

it's just funny that he put the E63, then you know for sure he wants to pose for something he doesn't have.

I love stories like this and with him trying to defend himself, that's just classis.
Old 02-20-08, 08:33 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only dorable one is change S430 to S500, no one can tell,
my boss asked me to get the 500 badge for her S430 before... Poser!!!
Old 02-20-08, 09:15 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
it's not SO bad that he puts the AMG badge (a lot of NON AMG MB gets the AMG badges from the factory).
I thought so also, but actually, this is untrue. The following is from a post on the AMG Private Lounge Forum (run by AMG, need a AMG VIN to register):

Q: I'd like to hear from the Chief Editor especially, but also other members to hear their opinions or to likewise hear what they've heard...

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion on AMG badging. What I mean by that is whether or not AMG badging is affixed at the factory for non-AMG vehicles that have AMG sport packages, wheels, etc. I was told in no uncertain terms by my service adviser that they do NOT come from the factory with the AMG badge on and that either the owners or the dealers themselves are doing it. Some people are convinced (I think they're delusional ) that they're coming with the AMG badge from the factory, but I'd like a no BS answer to put it to rest once and for all.

A: Great question! The only Mercedes-Benz vehicles that come from the factory with an AMG badge are authentic AMG vehicles.

The factory does not install AMG badges on "AMG Sport Package" vehicles or cars that have AMG accesories.

AMG Private Lounge Team

Quick Reply: Another Poser...MB Faker Getting Owned