Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Another Poser...MB Faker Getting Owned

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-08, 09:18 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
I thought so also, but actually, this is untrue. The following is from a post on the AMG Private Lounge Forum (run by AMG, need a AMG VIN to register):

Q: I'd like to hear from the Chief Editor especially, but also other members to hear their opinions or to likewise hear what they've heard...

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion on AMG badging. What I mean by that is whether or not AMG badging is affixed at the factory for non-AMG vehicles that have AMG sport packages, wheels, etc. I was told in no uncertain terms by my service adviser that they do NOT come from the factory with the AMG badge on and that either the owners or the dealers themselves are doing it. Some people are convinced (I think they're delusional ) that they're coming with the AMG badge from the factory, but I'd like a no BS answer to put it to rest once and for all.

A: Great question! The only Mercedes-Benz vehicles that come from the factory with an AMG badge are authentic AMG vehicles.

The factory does not install AMG badges on "AMG Sport Package" vehicles or cars that have AMG accesories.

AMG Private Lounge Team
i see, great find! i've been told otherwise hence my post and I've seen grandma driving on the road with AMG badging on NON AMG car, i would think the last thing they would do is to slap an AMG badge on
Old 02-20-08, 09:36 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

A: Great question! The only Mercedes-Benz vehicles that come from the factory with an AMG badge are authentic AMG vehicles.

The factory does not install AMG badges on "AMG Sport Package" vehicles or cars that have AMG accesories.

AMG Private Lounge Team
That's interesting. So it's just dealers slapping the badge on? I saw so many CLK430 "AMG" (with the bodykit) on the road around the time of my C43, and I just figured AMG/MB were being silly.
Old 02-20-08, 09:43 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The best part about it is now the douche gets owned on a Lexus forum, too.

Bro... your mom wants her E350 back.

Learn to spell.
Old 02-20-08, 09:46 PM
LexFather

I thought so also, but actually, this is untrue. The following is from a post on the AMG Private Lounge Forum (run by AMG, need a AMG VIN to register):

Q: I'd like to hear from the Chief Editor especially, but also other members to hear their opinions or to likewise hear what they've heard...

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion on AMG badging. What I mean by that is whether or not AMG badging is affixed at the factory for non-AMG vehicles that have AMG sport packages, wheels, etc. I was told in no uncertain terms by my service adviser that they do NOT come from the factory with the AMG badge on and that either the owners or the dealers themselves are doing it. Some people are convinced (I think they're delusional ) that they're coming with the AMG badge from the factory, but I'd like a no BS answer to put it to rest once and for all.

AMG Private Lounge Team
Thanks for sharing, I did not know that for certain!

Old 02-20-08, 10:17 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AMG Private Lounge Team
Wow, did not know that. So it's the dealers adding the AMG emblems then?

I mean if you saw a regular model with "AMG" on the back, I just assumed it was the AMG sport package anyway (and most of the time, the cars do look like they have the sport package). It's only if I see the two numbers (36,42,55,63,65) then I know it's a real AMG (along with more aggressive bumpers than the sport package).
Old 02-20-08, 10:38 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nextourer
wow the amount of bull crap is amazing.

3. An E63AMG has a 6.3 litre engine (I swore it's a 6.2 litre???)

Oh man that is good. Where's the popcorn?
it is a 6.2, they rounded up for historical significance
Old 02-20-08, 11:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

nice stuff jay, now we have insiders

and yup, so a lot of mb dealerships, they join the ricer route
Old 02-20-08, 11:41 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Wow, did not know that. So it's the dealers adding the AMG emblems then?
Off course, it's the sleazy dealer that does this and the unsuspecting common people don't know any better either.
Old 02-21-08, 04:07 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Off course, it's the sleazy dealer that does this and the unsuspecting common people don't know any better either.
+1 Dealers do this hoping having the AMG badge on the back might make for a better sales pitch saying it has the AMG package or whatever and that it's x times better than the normal version. Yeah right.
Old 02-21-08, 10:11 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
it is a 6.2, they rounded up for historical significance
hahaha nice. That kid said it was a 6.3 litre engine.
Old 02-21-08, 12:20 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A bit off topic, but here is another hilarious thread. I swear, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208462
Old 02-21-08, 12:36 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

haha nice ownage
Old 02-21-08, 12:55 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG, I read through the whole tread... ppl are just so mean!!!
Old 02-21-08, 02:22 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bit off topic, but here is another hilarious thread. I swear, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208462
HAHAHAHHA holy ishhhh i went through each page looking for more pics!!!
Old 02-21-08, 05:14 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

god those benz drivers are MEAN, o and just because he says stupid stuff, does not mean he is KID, i take offense to that :0 i know i don't know much about the mechanics of a car, but i am also not retarted like that other guy. I mean honestly, calling other people's mb's ugly? what a jerk, becuase he much rather have his rebadged e class( a great car as is) then a reall amg. ok guy, anyone with an amg or \anyone whoes likes or knows cars, you can just tell, and that guy does not have an amg god i feel like one of those guys on the mb forums lol

Quick Reply: Another Poser...MB Faker Getting Owned