Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MB CL550 to get AWD

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-08, 02:04 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I disagree, I don't know about other cars, but the VSC on my GS almost got me into accidents three times. Once it was the traction control completely cutting power when I was trying to make a quick left turn out of a driveway onto a busy road. I was very lucky not to get t-boned.

The other two times the stability control completely took away the control of the car from me when I was making a left turn at a somewhat high speed, and started weaving the car from left to right. Luckily there was no cars next to me, and no cars close in the opposite lane. And the first time it happened I had the VSC on, but the second time around I was trying to reproduce the situation with the VSC off, and it still happened, which can only mean that the VSC off button does not disable VSC completely, perhaps just the traction control part.

Either way, to me AWD is much more important than stability control. Stability control can only limit the amount of potential you can use out of your 300+ horse power car.
The GS is an automatic, I almost spun my GS400 on an onramp in the rain when the #$@*ing transmission decided to downshift in the middle of the turn

Now I drive a car with 400hp and a 6 speed manual and I haven't even come close to spinning out.

The automatic is the problem, not the RWD
Old 02-23-08, 02:07 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I hope they don't come up with a CLS550 AWD. THAT would be too
good to be true.

As for the CL, I really don't care for the looks... Looks ordinary. I'd rather
blow 100K on an E63 or CLS63 AMG. Some guy near where I work has a
CL63 AMG. It's nice and all, but I really can't get excited about it, especially
for the price