Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

February 2008 Vehicles Sales

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-08 | 05:41 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
It makes sense. Consumers looking to buy from one German brand are quite likely to cross-shop with another German brand. Also it helps that the C-Class at least exterior-wise is a big leap forward compared to the previous C-Class.
its not a german thing. its more of an established brand with high prestige thing, you know, since bmw and mb are the 2 most established luxury brands.
otherwise audi would be cross-shopped as well, and we can see they aren't.
Old 03-06-08 | 05:44 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shyguy16
its not a german thing. its more of an established brand with high prestige thing, you know, since bmw and mb are the 2 most established luxury brands.
otherwise audi would be cross-shopped as well, and we can see they aren't.
My point was BMW shoppers are more likely to cross-shop Benz than other brands. I think that's a point that many can agree on.
Old 03-06-08 | 05:46 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

then you should've specificed BMW and MB because audi is german and they are not crossed shopped.
in fact, i would tend to believe that mb, bmw and lex are most cross shopped.
Old 03-06-08 | 10:31 PM
LexFather

Audi doesn't sell partly b/c their lease deals are absolute monkey crap compared to BMW/Benz.

When they finally gave the A6 a 1/2 way decent lease, sales jumped in Novemeber on last year.

We can say what individual dealers are doing, I am talking about NATIONWIDE deals. The ones seen in print and T.V.

I called my sales guy about the LX. Forget about it, none on the lot, 15 in line to buy on the spot.

Hard to believe, since the price is very high and I'm not head over heels with it.
Old 03-07-08 | 09:18 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Audi doesn't sell partly b/c their lease deals are absolute monkey crap compared to BMW/Benz.

When they finally gave the A6 a 1/2 way decent lease, sales jumped in Novemeber on last year.

We can say what individual dealers are doing, I am talking about NATIONWIDE deals. The ones seen in print and T.V.

I called my sales guy about the LX. Forget about it, none on the lot, 15 in line to buy on the spot.

Hard to believe, since the price is very high and I'm not head over heels with it.
After seeing several LX570s in person, I must say the styling has REALLY grown on me and now I think it looks better than the LX470. I think the 570 has a noticeably more luxurious presence than the 470.
Old 03-08-08 | 01:51 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

If it was a nationwide deal, then Lexus.com would definitely show it. At this point, it sounds like local deals that only a few dealers are offering. Doesn't sound like everyone is offering them.

That's my guess as well.
Now I'm noticing Camry cash back ads and they ARE national, MSNBC...

I think the Lexus cash back are national too, I looked at one Chicago site, it indicates you have to call for the specials, not that they are not offering some kind of special simply by having lease deals showing.
Old 03-08-08 | 04:05 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Now I'm noticing Camry cash back ads and they ARE national, MSNBC...

I think the Lexus cash back are national too, I looked at one Chicago site, it indicates you have to call for the specials, not that they are not offering some kind of special simply by having lease deals showing.
Once again, I cannot find any specials on www.lexus.com. Natiowide cash back deals are rare for Lexus, and when it does happen it's big news in the automotive media, and such sort of nationwide offers are posted on lexus.com.

Regarding Camry cash back deals, what is that relating to?
Old 03-08-08 | 04:21 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Once again, I cannot find any specials on www.lexus.com. Natiowide cash back deals are rare for Lexus, and when it does happen it's big news in the automotive media, and such sort of nationwide offers are posted on lexus.com.

Regarding Camry cash back deals, what is that relating to?
Don't know which Camry version they relate to other than 09, just happened to catch the ad.
Old 03-08-08 | 04:49 PM
LexFather

CAmrys always have specials, nothing new.
I do believe Lexus has IS 250/RX/ES lease deals currently.
Old 03-08-08 | 07:50 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Lexus of Norwood is offering special lease deals on just about everything.
RX, IS, ES, LS and GS. Business must be really bad...
Old 03-09-08 | 07:25 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Lexus of Norwood is offering special lease deals on just about everything.
RX, IS, ES, LS and GS. Business must be really bad...
Incentives/Monthly Sales is one thing and several manufacturers are offering them, BUT, I expect any week now in the news is going to be a story like: Lexus Dealer X punched out Lexus Dealer Y with the turf wars I now see on the TV ads.
Old 03-09-08 | 08:05 AM
LexFather

http://www.infiniti.com/current-offe...1&dcc=24810194

NAtionwide Infiniti M deals including AWD M45
Old 03-09-08 | 11:02 AM
carguy101
Lead Lap

Lots of deals out there from virtually all manufacturers, whether on a national or local level. Demand for new cars is definitely soft.
Old 03-09-08 | 01:03 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by carguy101
Lots of deals out there from virtually all manufacturers, whether on a national or local level. Demand for new cars is definitely soft.
Yes, if you're in the market, it's definitely a good time to buy just about any make/model of car. Might even get better as the weeks and months go on.
Old 03-09-08 | 04:49 PM
Smooth 1
Driver

I was able to pit Lexus of Orlando against Lexus of Tampa and came out pretty nice I have to say. They both said sales are really slow in Feb and March. Last part of April they said it picks up after everyone does taxes and all.

Quick Reply: February 2008 Vehicles Sales