Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

February 2008 Vehicles Sales

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-08 | 10:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Once again, I cannot find any specials on www.lexus.com. Natiowide cash back deals are rare for Lexus, and when it does happen it's big news in the automotive media, and such sort of nationwide offers are posted on lexus.com.
I've never seen deals posted on lexus.com, outside of free giant bows on cars.

Anyway, just because it's not on lexus.com doesn't mean they aren't doing a nationwide campaign. They may offer it to all dealers who can choose to participate or not.
Old 03-10-08 | 07:10 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

I looked in KBB and MSN Auto and nothing came up for any Lexus models for Incentives, Rebates etc.
Old 03-10-08 | 07:33 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I've never seen deals posted on lexus.com, outside of free giant bows on cars.

Anyway, just because it's not on lexus.com doesn't mean they aren't doing a nationwide campaign. They may offer it to all dealers who can choose to participate or not.
Just to clarify once again: if it's a nationwide program from Lexus, then it WILL show up on lexus.com. Dealers can choose to participate or not. For example, the Lexus December/Holiday sale event is a nationwide program, and it DOES show up on lexus.com, but not all dealers may choose to participate.

There is no indication right now of any natiowide programs going on; only regional and local deals seem to be going on.

The previous post where I showed the Edmunds chart for incentives of various automakers proves this. Average Toyota incentives were lower than Honda for February. If Lexus actually *did* have a nationwide program on right now, then Toyota's average incentives would have been higher.
Old 03-10-08 | 08:08 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Just to clarify once again: if it's a nationwide program from Lexus, then it WILL show up on lexus.com. Dealers can choose to participate or not. For example, the Lexus December/Holiday sale event is a nationwide program, and it DOES show up on lexus.com, but not all dealers may choose to participate.

There is no indication right now of any natiowide programs going on; only regional and local deals seem to be going on.

The previous post where I showed the Edmunds chart for incentives of various automakers proves this. Average Toyota incentives were lower than Honda for February. If Lexus actually *did* have a nationwide program on right now, then Toyota's average incentives would have been higher.
Edmunds does list manufacturer (Lexus) to consumer cash rebate on the ES350 of 1,000 dollars if they finance through LFA, and very nicely also offers an additional rebate of 750 if you are military. All Bit has to do is go there and key in his zip code and there is the Lexus cash program for him to see.

But there is more going on than just that with all the TV ads from several dealers, even out of area dealers advertising here too, hence my comment about turf wars...I'm seeing now though truthfully only paying more attention to them since you asked for proof...

Key in 32809 in zip at Edmunds and see corporate rebate offered, so Lexus is in the loop of cash back programs though not announcing them officially on their website which is what i think Bit's point was..

In the end it's a great time to buy..
Old 03-15-08 | 09:47 PM
LexFather

On SPEED tonight,
2.9% on the Acura RDX
$299 a month on the TSX with 2k down
Mazda for MArch has Mazda 3, 6, MX-5, all sport, $199 with $2100 down.

Here are the highest incentives. New Nissan Titan offering 5k. 2007 (last years) Tundra with 5k off
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...car-incentives

Luxury automakers have also dropped rates. Audi and Infiniti are offering 2.9% financing for 60 months on select models and BMW is offering 3.9% for the same term on select 3- Series models.

The discount fever has even spread to high-end luxury makers like Bentley, which just this week began offering low-financing rates on select models. Buyers can choose from an array of terms, including 4.99% for 60 months or 6.39% for 84 months.

Last edited by LexFather; 03-16-08 at 08:24 AM.