Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bugatti Veryron Fbg Par Hermes : For when a $1Mililon Veyron isn't exclusive enough.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 05:21 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Bugatti Veryron Fbg Par Hermes : For when a $1Mililon Veyron isn't exclusive enough.

On the occasion of the 78th Geneva Motor Show (from 6 to 16 March 2008), Bugatti and Hermès co-present the fruit of their partnership: the "Bugatti Veyron Fbg par Hermès", associating Bugatti's technical performance with the expertise of Hermès and its craftsmen. In partner-ship with Hermès, designer Gabriele Pezzini has married the distinctive Hermès style to the legendary Bugatti Veyron 16.4, magnifying the car's personality.

This remarkable car features an array of excep¬tional characteristics: the innovative alliance of a technologically advanced engine, deliver¬ing 1001 horsepower, with an understated yet uncompromising silhouette reflecting the high performance capacities of state-of-the-art engineering and design, and above all, the pleasure these inspire in every Bugatti owner.

The fascination exerted by this sports coupé, capable of reaching 407 km/h, is due in large part to its unique alliance of the very finest motor-racing technology with comfortable handling for everyday driving. The 16-cylinder "W" configuration engine is fed by four turbochargers and features 64 valves, generating 1001 horse¬power at 6000 rpm. The engine draws on its 8-litre displacement to deliver a maximum torque of 1250 Newton-metres between 2200 and 5500 rpm. With full-time all-wheel drive, the car's phenomenal power produces breath-takingly dynamic handling, with acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in a mere 2.5 seconds. The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 benefits from aero-nautical and aerospace technologies, making it the fastest production car ever made. The car also features a braking system designed to deliver unprecedented powers of deceleration, establish¬ing a new industry benchmark. The carbon-fibre discs provide brake pressure of up to 180 bars, combined with eight-piston monobloc callipers and titanium pistons fitted with fine steel heads and ceramic heat protectors. Apply the brakes at speeds above 200 km/h, and the rear wing acts as an airbrake, positioning itself at an angle of 113 degrees in less than 0.4 seconds, augmenting the Bugatti Veyron's already impressive stopping power. The airbrake increases negative lift at the rear of the car to 300 kg, enhancing the braking torque on the rear axle. At 400 km/h, emergency braking will bring the sports car to a complete halt in less than 10 seconds.

This, the world's most fascinating car, has pushed back the limits of physical engineering to offer a completely new sensation for driver and passenger alike. But it has also adopted a radically different stance to that of other sports cars: its features and finish are sure to impress the most demanding clientele. Hermès and designer Gabriele Pezzini have lavished attention on the interior and exterior of this exceptional car, to create the new Bugatti Veyron 16.4: the "Bugatti Veyron Fbg par Hermès"

A harmonious design, inside and out

The official name of the highly exclusive Bugatti Veyron "Fbg par Hermès" refers to the historic Hermès headquarters on the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, in the heart of Paris's eighth arrondissement: the "Fbg" appellation evokes the house's "faubourg" address.

With the Bugatti Veyron Fbg par Hermès, the exacting standards of Émile Hermès and Ettore Bugatti come together for the first time, in a exceptional collaboration: the culmination of their extreme attention to aesthetic and techno¬logical quality and performance.

Gabriele Pezzini has reinterpreted Bugatti's tradi¬tional two-tone carriage work, fostering a fluid, harmonious transition between the car's exterior and interior design. The colour of the hood extends to the interior of the cockpit, and re-emerges behind, at the level of the rear wing.
As a tribute to the celebrated 1924 Bugatti Type 35, undoubtedly the most famous of all time, thanks to its many successes on the racetrack, the new Bugatti Veyron Fbg par Hermès features eight-spoked wheels in polished aluminium, central butterfly wheel locks branded with the letter H, and air vents around the rims repro¬ducing the characteristic appearance of Hermès saddle-stitching. The horseshoe radiator grille, and the lateral ventilation grilles flanking it, are made from lightweight alloys with a design of interlocking H's evoking the Hermès "signature".
A refined formal vocabulary

The inner surfaces of the Bugatti Veyron Fbg par Hermès have been designed and sheathed in bull calfskin by the Hermès workshops in Paris. The care and attention to detail observe an extremely refined, minimalist formal vocabulary, reflecting the tradition of the very first Bugattis and the fundamental design principles of the house of Hermès. The door handles echo the fluid forms of handles on Hermès travel bags and luggage. And the dashboard, traditionally finished in brushed aluminium, is here clad entirely in bull calfskin. Passengers aboard the Bugatti Veyron Fbg par Hermès will find a dashboard glove compartment designed to hold a selection of small travel accessories and a zipped Hermès wallet. Both seats are covered in two-toned bull calfskin, and the panel separating the cockpit from the central rear engine - traditionally made of carbon fibre - is covered in the same fine leather. The leather-lined trunk holds a specially-fitted "Toile H" and leather case, hand-made by craftsmen from the Hermès workshops.

This exceptional model - in toning colours of ebony and étoupe, or ebony and brick - is priced at 1.55 million euros (not including tax), available at the end of 2008.
*source
http://jalopnik.com/363992/bugatti-v...clusive-enough
Old 03-05-08, 06:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I like this color combination
Old 03-05-08, 06:58 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Old 03-05-08, 08:20 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder what the color is called, mud brown maybe?

Overall it looks pretty bad IMHO . Definitely I would take a stock Veyron over this.
Old 03-05-08, 08:25 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

that thing looks soooo good!
Old 03-05-08, 10:52 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd call that putty brown or poo brown. Definitely does the car an injustice
Old 03-05-08, 01:17 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

i want to see the bloody hermes interior
Old 03-05-08, 05:10 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JessePS
i want to see the bloody hermes interior
no kidding ... where are the interior shot!
Old 03-05-08, 05:19 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like house paint colors.

Maybe "chocolate" contrasted with "sandalwood?"

Also, the wheels look like they have bead locks on them. Blech.
Old 03-05-08, 05:41 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Old 03-05-08, 05:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah that's one pretty unique and nice color combo!
Old 03-05-08, 05:56 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Absolutely stunning.
Old 03-05-08, 06:01 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 767 Likes on 536 Posts

I don't normally like brown, but I think I'll make an exception for this one
Old 03-05-08, 06:07 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

im actually lovin the brown
Old 03-05-08, 06:13 PM
Wassa786
Driver

Originally Posted by Allen K
I don't normally like brown, but I think I'll make an exception for this one
Give me a bugatti veyron puke color - I'll take it no questions asked.

Quick Reply: Bugatti Veryron Fbg Par Hermes : For when a $1Mililon Veyron isn't exclusive enough.