Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is there going to be a GS-F as well?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 11:27 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Exactly. It takes time. The BMW M1 wasn't exactly a success.
Thats because the E26 M1 was considered a race car that was not practical for every day use. Great track car though..

The M3 came and has evolved for 25 years. It was only M3/M5 until recently with the addition of the M6.
In the 80's E28 M5 was first followed by M6 and E30 M3.. Lexus seems to be following this pattern (but are slow at it) by not producing multiple F cars all at once.
Old 03-05-08, 11:32 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Thats because the E26 M1 was considered a race car that was not practical for every day use. Great track car though..

In the 80's E28 M5 was first followed by M6 and E30 M3.. Lexus seems to be following this pattern (but are slow at it) by not producing multiple F cars all at once.
What M6? The 1980s 6 series never was officially a M car.

Lexus is VERY slow with everything, this is no exception. Their methods work. Do you know how tough it is to be the only true Japanese luxury maker and then one that comes out with a "F" line against very very established German players?

All the while, your (Lexus) image is staid and devoid of character to the masses.

So of course it is going to be slow. Hell the IS-F wasn't even a planned product, it was a "skunkworks" vehicle that got late approval.

Old 03-05-08, 12:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gengar
Wouldn't mind an SC-F, even based on the current platform
Originally Posted by Gojirra99
No chance IMO . . .
Next gen SC perhaps?

I'm guessing that the IS-F is first,, then "LF-A F"...then GS-F.
Old 03-05-08, 01:55 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely would love the LF-A make it to production already...
Old 03-05-08, 02:01 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes there will be a GS-F ... I've heard service techs and mechanics alike talking about it at the dealership, and some were saying they saw it in person ... Supposedly it's going to have 550HP, remember i said supposedly because this is what I HEARD ...
Old 03-05-08, 02:06 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What M6? The 1980s 6 series never was officially a M car.

Lexus is VERY slow with everything, this is no exception. Their methods work. Do you know how tough it is to be the only true Japanese luxury maker and then one that comes out with a "F" line against very very established German players?

All the while, your (Lexus) image is staid and devoid of character to the masses.

So of course it is going to be slow. Hell the IS-F wasn't even a planned product, it was a "skunkworks" vehicle that got late approval.
There was a very limited production of E24 M6s.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M6#...CSi.2F.22M6.22
I've seen one in person, person didn't let me drive it though. It was his baby.
Old 03-05-08, 09:28 PM
Q_Lexie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If GS-F actually gets made, I'm sure GS-F will increase the popularity of GS models. And I wonder when Lexus will develop ES-F.
Old 03-06-08, 04:33 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Exactly. It takes time. The BMW M1 wasn't exactly a success. The M3 came and has evolved for 25 years. It was only M3/M5 until recently with the addition of the M6.

AMG was SEPERATE to Benz until Benz bought them in the early 1990s and the C32 was produced. So again, they have 16+ years together to exapnd their lineups.

I saw an AMG sales/model chart the other day and its AMAZING how many they sell today, compared to 10 years ago.
BMW and MB took the time to help cultivate the market for such cars, so any current development time table should be shorter.
Old 03-06-08, 05:52 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Q_Lexie
If GS-F actually gets made, I'm sure GS-F will increase the popularity of GS models. And I wonder when Lexus will develop ES-F.
GS-F would definitely take Lexus to a whole new level in the performance game, but I seriously doubt they would ever even consider an ES-F, since the regular ES has never been considered a performance car by any means and is not marketed toward that group of buyers ... It would be interesting though ...
Old 03-06-08, 09:02 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
GS-F would definitely take Lexus to a whole new level in the performance game, but I seriously doubt they would ever even consider an ES-F, since the regular ES has never been considered a performance car by any means and is not marketed toward that group of buyers ... It would be interesting though ...

no... no it wouldn't.
Old 03-06-08, 10:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am sure he was joking. we will never see a es-f. that would be the stupidest decision ever from lexus
Old 03-06-08, 10:23 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MR_F1
no... no it wouldn't.
LOL when i said it would be interesting, i didn't mean that i would be interested in it. I just meant it would be interesting (funny) to see how Lexus would try to make a grandma car into a sport car ... It wouldn't be pretty to see grandma flying down the street with 400+hp ES lmao ...

-But once again, it would NEVER happen because the ES is not a performance car in ANY aspect and NEVER will be, I should know I had one, and I blew the engine ...
Old 03-06-08, 12:00 PM
Q_Lexie
Driver

LOL when i said it would be interesting, i didn't mean that i would be interested in it. I just meant it would be interesting (funny) to see how Lexus would try to make a grandma car into a sport car ... It wouldn't be pretty to see grandma flying down the street with 400+hp ES lmao ...

-But once again, it would NEVER happen because the ES is not a performance car in ANY aspect and NEVER will be, I should know I had one, and I blew the engine ...
So..... I'm a grandma?
Old 03-06-08, 12:04 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There was also a rumored RX-F!
Old 03-06-08, 12:48 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Q_Lexie
So..... I'm a grandma?
Stereotypically, yes ... Realistically, probably not ... Hell, I felt like a grandma in my old ES

-Disclaimer: no offense was meant to anyone who now, or in the future may own an ES

Quick Reply: Is there going to be a GS-F as well?