Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Flashy Billionaires

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 02:59 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
when you are that rich, you shop for planes.. not cars..
And estates and mega-yachts.
Old 03-08-08, 09:11 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The owner of Ikea drives like a 1988 Volvo or something like that. Dude is a billionaire. The owners/founders of Enterprise drive older cars too. I forgot what my friend told me he drives, she's been with the company for like 6 years and has met him a few times. Says he is really nice.
Old 03-08-08, 11:12 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f=ma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snob_effect not saying anyone's a snob, but its a disease for some people.
Probably one of the dumbest posts i've seen on this forum.

What's wrong with people having different passions? It says that some of the "snob effect" items include sport cars, rare art works, and designer clothes. Many of those things are people's passions. Cars are my passion, art is others, and fashion is someone else's. If I was really into art it would be a HUGE accomplishment for me to get a Picasso piece or something of the sort. Just because it's flashy and expensive does not mean it's snobby. They worked hard to get where they are now. They can buy whatever they want and it should not be considered snobby. Now if they're a jerk about it then that's another story
Old 03-08-08, 12:18 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bighitbike
Probably one of the dumbest posts i've seen on this forum.

What's wrong with people having different passions? It says that some of the "snob effect" items include sport cars, rare art works, and designer clothes. Many of those things are people's passions. Cars are my passion, art is others, and fashion is someone else's. If I was really into art it would be a HUGE accomplishment for me to get a Picasso piece or something of the sort. Just because it's flashy and expensive does not mean it's snobby. They worked hard to get where they are now. They can buy whatever they want and it should not be considered snobby. Now if they're a jerk about it then that's another story
no no no, you read my post. I wasnt calling anyone a snob. I just pointing it out. It's just happen to called the "snob effect", where its when someone desires rare stuff and most people are like that. It's not necessarily a negative thing.