Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Extended Warranty coverage (serial spammer revealed)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 01:29 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

ROTFFLMFAO! (yes, im between finals...)

good to see he who deserves to get owned, getting owned

Originally Posted by neurocity
So your not being a swell informative guy? Awwww man...I believed in you, man...That hurts deep....so deep.

This is about as bad as the spam emails, pyramid scams, that fake Jamaican fortune teller, RX8's, Telle Tubbies, Phylis Diller, Britney Spears...

All let downs.
corrected
Old 03-11-08, 01:35 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha I've heard of this guy before...I'm in the business. He's a real douche bag.
Old 03-11-08, 01:40 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Lol, I just called and spoke to 'Wayne' the company owner. He took time to curse me up and down and tell me he was going to "sue my ***" and ask me why I had to be hard on the small business owner.
Funny how he wants to sue us because he lied on our Forum...

Old 03-11-08, 01:45 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not defending the guy, but was attempt made to pm this individual?
Old 03-11-08, 01:52 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh, clicked a page back and saw that a call was made.. Long day for me lol.. I'm out.
Old 03-11-08, 01:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Yes, he has a PM from me that is unread.
Old 03-11-08, 02:08 PM
waynew4w
Driver School Candidate

Default Rebuttal of being slammed

I am the owner of Warranties 4 Wheels.com http://www.*****************.com[/URL] I got a call from a David Williams who was rude to the girl answering the phone and she had no idea what he was rambling about. I took the call and he was rude and nasty to me. He complained that a Jim Taylor had made a lot of posts over the years on behalf of my company. It did not hit me at the time who he was and now I realize who he is. He is a dealer who I have sold about a 100 warranties to over the years. He is a great guy and always has been a supporter of mine. Sorry if he offended anyone here. David seemed more interested in getting revenue for the posting than anything else. He threatened my company and my livelihood by claiming i was doing something wrong. I have no BBB complaints or anything like that. The one person who says he is in the business called me basically a crook. That is laughable. I think that was a joke the way he handled this. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you.
Old 03-11-08, 02:11 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Don't worry, he doesn't drive a BMW.......
Old 03-11-08, 02:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by waynew4w
I am the owner of Warranties 4 Wheels.com http://www.*****************.com[/URL] I got a call from a David Williams who was rude to the girl answering the phone and she had no idea what he was rambling about. I took the call and he was rude and nasty to me. He complained that a Jim Taylor had made a lot of posts over the years on behalf of my company. It did not hit me at the time who he was and now I realize who he is. He is a dealer who I have sold about a 100 warranties to over the years. He is a great guy and always has been a supporter of mine. Sorry if he offended anyone here. David seemed more interested in getting revenue for the posting than anything else. He threatened my company and my livelihood by claiming i was doing something wrong. I have no BBB complaints or anything like that. The one person who says he is in the business called me basically a crook. That is laughable. I think that was a joke the way he handled this. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you.
Wayne, tell the truth. I never once asked you for any money or asked you to sponsor our forum. It is clearly not something I would recommend given all the digging above on business practices. Additionally, our forum has had a problem with another Warranty company several years ago that went belly up (Warranty Gold) and I think that type of product represents a risk to our members.

Let's be a little logical and add a dose of realism. So you're claiming a nice man named "Jim" you've sold 100 warranties to joins all these auto forums to post and link to your website and company? What a guy! I wonder what location his IP address would resolve back to... Edit let's check and see if we have a match

ding ding ding.... Wayne's IP address matches EXACTLY that of jimtaylor. Who'd have thunk it . Oh, and I see another employee has joined today "Alex IS" who also shares their IP address. She's posted as "carcrazee" in the ripoff posts linked in the thread above if she chooses to identify herself. Wayne, care to explain why your IP address matches Jim's and you're claiming he isn't part of your company?

I was perfectly nice but firm with the the lady I spoke with. I want the spamming to stop and that's all I asked. I never once cursed at you and took loads of verbal abuse from you. You are not a nice man.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-11-08 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-11-08, 02:19 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waynew4w
If Dave just called you a little after 4 today, EST that is, how on earth could you have found the right forum this Jim Taylor posted on so quickly if you are not directly involved in "Jim" doing this or you are not pretending to be Jim yourself and no such person exists and it's your alter ego trying to drum up business?

Just appologize to CL, pay the ad fee and post and get some grown man's business.
Old 03-11-08, 02:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
If Dave just called you a little after 4 today, EST that is, how on earth could you have found the right forum this Jim Taylor posted on so quickly if you are not directly involved in "Jim" doing this or you are not pretending to be Jim yourself and no such person exists and it's your alter ego trying to drum up business?

Just appologize to CL, pay the ad fee and post and get some grown man's business.

To be fair to Wayne I told him the forum name and asked him to explain himself.

Also to be fair to CL members, I don't think we want his business.
Old 03-11-08, 02:29 PM
FrayKay
Driver

Here Here!
Old 03-11-08, 04:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, one of the bigger owned stories on the internet these days.

saying dave is a rude guy, that has to be a first in my over 5 yrs history here. he's probably one of the most patient persons i have met.

instead, those who don't have much idea what they do and how they are being busted by people left and right? those are the real losers

out
Old 03-11-08, 04:28 PM
waynew4w
Driver School Candidate

Default Not True

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Lol, I just called and spoke to 'Wayne' the company owner. He took time to curse me up and down and tell me he was going to "sue my ***" and ask me why I had to be hard on the small business owner.

Although the rep I initially spoke claimed he was out to lunch, after chatting with her a while she "knew something about what I was talking about" and connected me with Wayne who claimed this guy "Jim" and "Drdrisk" are just good customers of his that apparently own a bunch of cars and are spreading the good word I invited him to join CL and tell his side of the story and he didn't have time - he apparently has 5,000 customers waiting on him.

He said "all you forum guys are the same, all you want is money". Note to Wayne, I'm a volunteer and don't get paid. He suggested that if I didn't like the post that I just delete it to which I responded - no, I want all the forum spamming to stop. He then suggested I turn the forum sideways and stick it and hung up on me. What a charmer, that Wayne.
See post below please.

Last edited by waynew4w; 03-11-08 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-11-08, 04:36 PM
waynew4w
Driver School Candidate

Jim is an Arizona customer of mine. Is that a crime? You post my name and home address, but when I asked you for your number, you declined. You are not accurate, she new nothing about what the heck you were talking about. I was on my way out the door. Can a person not have lunch. I found my posting and apologize for saying you deleted it. You said that if someone wanted to advertise they had to pay. I then said if someone posted something when they had a good experience if you would make that person pay. I see the dealers paying to have full page ads in the links. Do you think that is an unbiased opinion? If I can help anyone fine, if not fine as well.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty coverage (serial spammer revealed)