Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Extended Warranty coverage (serial spammer revealed)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-08, 07:27 AM
jimtaylor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am Jim Taylor, and I live in AZ and had been on vacation and still am. I do a favor for a guy who gives me a discount on the service contracts I buy from him and this is the response you people give! As Dave has shown, I have posted for http://www.************************
years. I am a dealer and and have bought over a hundred service contracts from Wayne over the years. Why? Because he is local and close to me! That is a problem? Maybe that is a crime to you folks! For me posting for him I do get a discount on the different cars I buy. We both have *** internet service by our personal emails.

Is that what you are piping about with the IP address? Sorry I am not techno savy like you folks!

Wow! I read the posts and think it is horrible how you treated this guy. Wish I had all the time you people have to waste and bash a business. I work for a living and the only reason I am replying is that I had a warranty issue and called his office on Friday. He then told me what happened after I posted for him. Funny though,I check my messages and what do I have? I get a private message from Dave (I know it is Dave from the answers to the posts and it matched what was in my in box) warning me on posting an advertisement and not paying for it, and the next one is the dealer who pays the forum to pimp their warranties for them. What hypocrites you are! If someone pays, you are okay with them, but if they don't, god forbid you did not get your 30 pieces of Silver!

Yes, I joined to post for him, that is my fault. Had I known what a bunch of holier than thou folks you were, I would have avoided this like the plague and not caused this poor guy all this grief! Thanks for being so understanding! I am done here, so you can now post all your witty responses! Have a great day!

Last edited by jimtaylor; 03-17-08 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-17-08, 07:32 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Ever heard the term "beating a dead horse"?
Old 03-17-08, 07:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Jim, exactly what is your car dealership name and location?

More importantly, if you are "still on vacation", why is the IP address from where you posted this morning still the exact same address as "waynew4w" and "Alex IS"??

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-17-08 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-17-08, 07:33 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimtaylor
I am Jim Taylor, and I live in AZ and have been on vacation and still am. I do a favor for a guy who gives me a discount on the service contracts I buy from him and this is the response you people give! As Dave has shown, I have posted for http://www.************************
years. I am a dealer and and have bought over a hundred service contracts from Wayne over the years. Why? Because he is local and close to me! That is a problem? Maybe that is a crime to you folks! For me posting for him I do get a discount on the different cars I buy. We both have *** internet service by our personal emails.

Is that what you are piping about with the IP address? Sorry I am not techno savy like you folks!

Wow! I read the posts and think it is horrible how you treated this guy. Wish I had all the time you people have to waste and bash a business. I work for a living and the only reason I am replying is that I had a warranty issue and called his office on Friday. He then told me what happened after I posted for him. Funny though,I check my messages and what do I have? I get a private message from Dave (I know it is Dave from the answers to the posts and it matched what was in my in box) warning me on posting an advertisement and not paying for it, and the next one is the dealer who pays the forum to pimp their warranties for them. What hypocrites you are! If someone pays, you are okay with them, but if they don't, god forbid you did not get your 30 pieces of Silver!

Yes, I joined to post for him, that is my fault. Had I known what a bunch of holier than thou folks you were, I would have avoided this like the plague and not caused this poor guy all this grief! Thanks for being so understanding! I am done here, so you can now post all your witty responses! Have a great day!

Try re-reading your first post this thread and then compare claims you make in this post quoted above and see if you can discover there is a problem.
Old 03-17-08, 07:42 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Try re-reading your first post this thread and then compare claims you make in this post quoted above and see if you can discover there is a problem.
That's a good point Bob, even if there is a miniscule possibility there is some tiny whit of truth in what's posted... Jim's posting practices are at best misleading. They definitely violate our forum advertising rules.
Old 03-17-08, 07:47 AM
jimtaylor
Driver School Candidate

Just was ready to log off and see all the wity people on board. Because I am home now, still on vacation!!! Do you have a job, or are you paid to moderate this? With how quick you answered, I would say this is your full time job.
Old 03-17-08, 07:55 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just was ready to log off and see all the wity people on board. Because I am home now, still on vacation!!! Do you have a job, or are you paid to moderate this? With how quick you answered, I would say this is your full time job.
Look, you have embarrassed yourself enough don't you think?

Dave is going to have to do the humane thing and lock this thread in order to prevent you from making yourself look even worse.

And here is a career tip..thanks to Hyundai and others having very lengthy warranties, the extended warranty business is going to be on a down slope.
Old 03-17-08, 07:55 AM
jimtaylor
Driver School Candidate

This is my original post:

I was looking for coverage for my IS 300 and the dealer really had no decent options. I looked around and found http://www.*****************.com and they seemed to have pretty good coverage and a fair rate. I saw the contract before I bought and I thought that was very important.
What is wrong with this?!! I did check with the dealer, they tried to rip my head off!!
Old 03-17-08, 08:01 AM
jimtaylor
Driver School Candidate

Here is the email from the dealer on your site could not be more ready to pimp their products:

.if you'll give me a few minutes, I'll have the Platinum Vehicle Service Agreements posted.

Darrel Diller
lexus-parts.com
Old 03-17-08, 08:04 AM
jimtaylor
Driver School Candidate

Here is Dave reminding me that it needs to be PAID advertising!! If someone posted on the forum how great the paid advertiser was, would that be banned or shunned as well?

Dear jimtaylor,

You have received a warning at Club Lexus Forums.

Reason:
-------
Non-approved Advertising, Sales or Solicitation - First Warning

Formal notification of advertising rules, please desist
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq....aq_advertising
Quote:
Vendor Sales and Advertising
Except for Club Lexus authorized vendors, vendor sales and advertising of any kind are strictly prohibited in any posting area of Club Lexus forums. This restriction applies to sales via private message (PM) and applies to vendors offering services as well as any products. Using Club Lexus membership for product development research is also prohibited without approval of the administrator. Vendors interested in advertising on Club Lexus should contact us at advertising@ClubLexus.com. All non-approved advertising threads will be deleted, moved or closed.

Members who are vendors or acting on behalf of vendors who ignore these rules will also have their private messaging and / or forum access limited, or their account suspended permanently.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Non-CL-authorized vendors who persist in promotion or advertising on our forums after being requested to desist by a Club Lexus moderator or administrator agree to promptly pay a fee equivalent to no less than the 12 month “gold” Club Lexus sponsor program. By clicking on the checkbox ‘I have read, and agree to abide by the Club Lexus Forums rules’ to join Club Lexus you have formally agreed to pay this fee under this circumstance. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in a court of law in a state selected by Club Lexus. Remitting the vendor fee does not automatically grant you forum sponsorship or the right to advertise; your company application will be considered based on a number of factors including reputation, time in market, brick & mortar or web presence, interest to Club Lexus members and other factors. Your fee will not be returned if you are not approved.

Vendor rules are in place for two reasons. First, these rules protect our forum members from fly-by-night vendors, rip-off artists, etc who join forums simply to post, take your money and disappear into the night. Second, approved vendors help support Club Lexus financially and they are the primary reason Club Lexus is able to stay up and running. It is fair that only they have limited access to Club Lexus’ over 80,000 members
Old 03-17-08, 08:15 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

I did check with the dealer, they tried to rip my head off!!
Right Jim. And when Darrell saw your post (he PMd me about it) he was suggesting that maybe you didn't look too far from your desk...

Based on your recent admission of acting as an agent for W4W, my warning to your account is totally justified. I simply linked you to the forum rules you apparently did not read when you joined our forum to give you formal notice.

Yes, I have a real job. CL is just a hobby for me. So what is the name of that car dealership you own again (waits for Jim to scramble to yellow pages)?

Because I am home now, still on vacation!!!
Wow, you live in the W4W cube farms? That's what your IP address still says.. that must really suck for vacation. Where do you shower and sleep?

It's downright amazing that none of our other dozens of AZ members with *** internet service don't match your/Waynew4w/"Alex is" IP address, huh.... We've got six other members that share your exact same zipcode and none of them are coming up either .

PS, "Alex is" I saw your change in email address... you can't hide the truth of who you are carcrazee

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-17-08 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-17-08, 08:20 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is my original post:

I was looking for coverage for my IS 300 and the dealer really had no decent options. I looked around and found http://www.*****************.com and they seemed to have pretty good coverage and a fair rate. I saw the contract before I bought and I thought that was very important.
What is wrong with this?!! I did check with the dealer, they tried to rip my head off!!
I am Jim Taylor, and I live in AZ and had been on vacation and still am. I do a favor for a guy who gives me a discount on the service contracts I buy from him and this is the response you people give! As Dave has shown, I have posted for http://www.************************

So I'm reading through this very interesting thread and come to realize something. At first you stated that you took your IS to the dealership but they were not willing to help you out so you went to w4w and he helped you out. But now in your more recent post you are stating that you have been using him for years and have bought over 100 contracts off of him. Why then, would you not go to wayne in the first place instead of trying to go through the dealership. You said he gives you a discount for helping him out, so why then would you try to go to the dealership first when everyone knows dealers are more expensive? So instead of taking a discount with this "amazing" business, you decide to try the dealership first? Doesn't make any sense, get your stories straight ...

Last edited by TruPlaya26; 03-17-08 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-17-08, 08:30 AM
jimtaylor
Driver School Candidate

I always check. I am in business to make and save money! How about you? I am not about to spend money if I do not have to. Keeps everyone honest and at a fair price! I have bought GMPP and Toyota Care, etc. If the dealer wants to give it a way, why not let them? http://www.************************ is usually less, but I am bad for looking out for myself first? Give me a break. And by the way, I do think they do a great job!
Old 03-17-08, 09:04 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and thanks for posting that second URL Jim. It helped me find an absolute gem of a post that seems to follow the same pattern we see here But with a nice twist, you guys are getting creative

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...d-advice-8237/
Newbie 2 the Forum - Need Advice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone. Hi, My name is Denise and I recently received the DIABLO as part of my Divorce settlement. I know nothing about it and registered on this site because I know my Ex-husband was also a Member. He was in the process of purchasing an extended warranty with http://www.************************
and now that the car is ALL mine I was wondering if the members on this site have any experience with the company and if I should proceed with purchasing an extended warranty with them. Thanks 4 all the Help!

Also, what kind of insurance should I get for the car ( I plan on only driving it on the weekends ).
EDIT - I absolutely LOVE that you went back onto that forum to post some more just like "Jim" did here when he was uncovered. It seems you didn't do a lot of research when looking into the car you pretended to have there.

I wonder if I PMd the admin over on that forum if they'd share the IP address those posts came from?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-17-08 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-17-08, 09:10 AM
jimtaylor
Driver School Candidate

Dave,

Sorry if people are happy with a company! You never answered if you are paid by the forum? You must not have a real job to post all the stuff you do.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty coverage (serial spammer revealed)