Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW of Lincoln refuses to honor EBAY auction winner

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 07:06 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
The winner of all of this will be eBay (not that they need the publicity) but if they do the right thing and help this guy this will have alot to say about them enforcing their own rules and setting the example...........

This thing is now world wide and people are posting from all over the world.... if anything BMW USA should step in and score big forcing their dealer to sell it at auction price........

I checked the dealers eBay feedback and they have a negative from another buyer who got screwed by them....hummmmm..........

Only in America............
(Don King)

The most eBay will do is freeze the dealer's account--that's all that eBay does when law enforcement approaches them with evidence of actual fraudulent merchandise.

BBB and local news media is the way to go.
Old 03-24-08, 08:17 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

don't people get the clue phone on this yet? You know good and well if there is a shady car dealer its going to be all over the net in 12 minutes. I think I'd take the hit and go on if I were the dealer.

Someone should get the buyer to go to his local paper and news channel. I promise you he'd have the car by 9 pm
Old 03-24-08, 10:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, if everyone reading about this give the dealership a call and tell them they suck, i think their line is going down
Old 03-24-08, 01:43 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE
"We're betting M3post.com forum member, dooma350, had no idea that his call for help with a shady transaction on eBay Motors would become what it did. After winning a new BMW M3 Sedan on the online auction site from BMW of Lincoln, Nebraska, the dealership refused to sell the car despite there being no reserve price, claiming the auction was a "mistake". dooma350's single post for help on a forum led to an internet-based outcry on his behalf, with lawyers offering free advice, other websites (like ours) promoting his cause, local news organizations getting in touch, etc. BMW of Lincoln's contact information was posted in countless places, and it no doubt received an overwhelming number of opinions about its actions from those who connected with dooma350's plight, and who had probably gone through similar experiences with dealerships before.

Well, we can call off the hounds. dooma350, whose real name is Ken, has posted again on M3post.com informing his volunteer army of minions that he and BMW of Lincoln have come to a resolution, and that the dealership will sell him the M3 Sedan for $60,000, though with certain conditions. Ken will be traveling to the dealership tomorrow to go over the details and find out what those conditions are, but we bet this particular dealership will think twice about slighting him again. One thing Ken notes in his most recent post, however, is that for the sake of this purchase going through, everyone needs to back off the dealership now. He asks, "No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls." OK, Ken. Just promise to send us a pic of you smiling in the driver's seat when this is all over with. Thanks for the tips, everyone!"

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/24/i...sure-from-web/

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=688
Old 03-24-08, 02:09 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

H, nice....... but if the dealership imposes some stupid provisions like "he must only have service done here" so they get all his service money or something I'd tell them to shove it and turn the dogs loose again.
Old 03-24-08, 02:12 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The sad thing about it, is someone is probably going to lose their job over this. Oh well, such is life.
Old 03-24-08, 02:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Och
The sad thing about it, is someone is probably going to lose their job over this. Oh well, such is life.
not with this attitude towards the customer (if what posted was true). be apologetic and try to help, not laugh it off

hopefully the deal goes through and the "conditions" are acceptable
Old 03-24-08, 02:48 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$60k for a M3 sedan isn't that bad right? Why did the dealership do that? I rather make less or no profit on one car and make one person happy than ruining their own reputation and probably losing tens or hundreds of prospective sales/profits. This dealership's move is not judicious enough.
Old 03-24-08, 02:53 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hah, I would never go back to that dealer for service.

You got to be kidding, it is like cussing out the guy that is cooking your food behind the kitchen doors
Old 03-24-08, 03:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
$60k for a M3 sedan isn't that bad right? Why did the dealership do that? I rather make less or no profit on one car and make one person happy than ruining their own reputation and probably losing tens or hundreds of prospective sales/profits. This dealership's move is not judicious enough.
they were trying to play hardball with the guy, backfired i guess
Old 03-24-08, 03:23 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
H, nice....... but if the dealership imposes some stupid provisions like "he must only have service done here" so they get all his service money or something I'd tell them to shove it and turn the dogs loose again.
Heck yeah, considering the guy lives in SoCal and the dealer is in Nebraska.
Old 03-24-08, 03:24 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Its at 39 pages now!!!
Old 03-24-08, 04:11 PM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

The guy, Dooma350, actually drives an IS350 now so I guess his Lexus is getting traded it for a $60k M3 sedan. Dealership should have placed a reserve or end the auction early since they have the rights to do so.
Old 03-24-08, 04:18 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Take the 60K offer and keep every car nuts on the internet happy.

You lose only about 6 or 7k and it can easily be re-couped in no time. Such a stupid dealer.
Old 03-24-08, 05:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

If the guy will test-drive a 335i, he may not want the M3 in the first place. He may come to the conclusion, like me, that the 335i, dollar-for-dollar, is a better buy. It gives almost M performance and handling for many thousands of dollars less. I recently reviewed one, brand-new, for 47K.

Quick Reply: BMW of Lincoln refuses to honor EBAY auction winner