Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

the other day i heard"I'd never buy a lexus. Its just a rebadged Toyota."

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-03, 05:24 AM
XvWesvX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation You just drive a fancy Toyota! WTF?!

What do you say to the people that say "Lexus is just a over priced Toyota with an L on it. With some wood on the dash"

I just ask what they drive, and most of the time they drive a piece of **** or they dont drive at all. Then what really gets me is they will say something like"My car is so much faster than yours" Last I check my ES 300 wasn't a race car. Correct me if im wrong please!

Its so funny to me that so many people talk trash about my car when they have no room at all to speak.

I just felt the need to *****

Thanks guys!

Wes-
Old 08-09-03, 05:31 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm Ok with people calling my car "just a Toyota" It has Toyota stamped all over it

Toyota makes some of the finest most problem free vehicles on the planet. Let them say what they want. My 2c.

gadgetSC-t
Old 08-09-03, 05:31 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Next time someone tells you that, just tell em "Sure, Lexus is Toyots's luxury line. Just like Acura is Honda's and Cadillac is GM's. You should check the customer satifaction and reliability reports. And if that doesn't tell you anything, try driving one. It might be a Toyota, but it's better than whatever you're driving."
Old 08-09-03, 08:42 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Like good Ol' Popeye says.........

I yam what i yam...........
Old 08-09-03, 10:12 AM
phluid
Lead Lap

I tell them if they can't tell the difference when they drive the car then they don't deserve to have one either. No one has argued once I let them drive the car, most even if they just ride in it.
Old 08-09-03, 11:14 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by gadgetSC
I'm Ok with people calling my car "just a Toyota" It has Toyota stamped all over it

Toyota makes some of the finest most problem free vehicles on the planet. Let them say what they want. My 2c.

gadgetSC-t
Nice comeback!!!
Old 08-09-03, 03:38 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

what the heck's wrong with a Toyota? You ever notice how those people are always driving old Ford or Chevy buckets? I've owned Chevys, and I honestly can't think of a single Toyota I wouldn't choose over owning another Chevy. I guess we should envy those people, though... Ignorance is bliss.
Old 08-09-03, 03:47 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

my cars JDM its Lexus but it says Toyota so its cooler than if it said Lexus because JDM is cooler than USDM
Old 08-09-03, 04:09 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

No one in the world screws a car together better than Toyota, no one. For me, it is one of the bigger reasons why I bought a Lexus. And yes, I find that response irritates the he** out of those who call a Lexus "just a Toyota".
Old 08-09-03, 04:09 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My friends that called my Lexus a Toyota and my Acura a Honda both don't know much about cars and think a car is just for transportation purpose. Both drive American mini-vans.
Old 08-09-03, 04:34 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Jealousy usually runs in the blood of haters...

Last edited by BR1AN; 08-09-03 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-09-03, 05:02 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 220 Likes on 148 Posts

Of course there's nothing wrong with being a Toyota. And as a car manufacturer, it's on top of the world, heads and shoulders above anyone else:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ntire+industry
Old 08-09-03, 06:05 PM
UncleNick
Pole Position

I get that crap alll the time, Oh nice Corolla, of nice Camry....yea, yea, yea....You can take your GM crap any day of the week and ....we'lll never mind....Here is what I say to all those morons........

Old 08-09-03, 11:04 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

If it weren't for the great American subsidy, Toyota would no joke be the automotive king of the world. But I'll settle for my "overpriced" Lexus nameplate being the most dependable AND the highest quality built machine in the world (by a substantial margin) to the competition. Not many people know that these two titles have belonged to Lexus ever since its inception. Some also don't believe me until I show them the third party studies that confirm the fact. In fact I've long wondered if Lexus has ever had a major mechanical failure or recall to its name? I don't think so...

Anyone that calls Lexus overpriced Toyota is simply car-ignorant or has a major grudge. They are @ssholes for passing judgment on two cars they probably haven't compared thoroughly. ES300 and Camry are the closest relatives and there is a significant difference between the two cars (including 9db cabin noise difference).

Either way, I don't tell people that their E and S Benzos are overpriced taxis, even though it's closer to reality than Lexus being overpriced Toyota. In fact, it's stupid to call anything "Toyota" overpriced when you look at what you're getting for the money compared to what else is out there. Porsche and BMW are the most profitable carmakers in the world per capita. How's that for overpriced? Next compare the LS430 Lexus to the S430 Benz, hell even to the S500 Benz! Now who is overpriced???

The man who calls Lexus an overpriced/glorified Toyota is the man that paints himself the naive know-it-all fool. You don't need to hear another word from his mouth beyond that: he's a fool, period.
Old 08-10-03, 03:00 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

What do you say to the people that say "Lexus is just a over priced Toyota with an L on it. With some wood on the dash"
A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Last edited by Vegassc400; 08-10-03 at 03:00 AM.

Quick Reply: the other day i heard"I'd never buy a lexus. Its just a rebadged Toyota."