Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus over BMW because....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-08, 07:24 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus has generally had superb quality and fit. While a few models may lag the new LS is dazzling in this regard. I have also found BMW to be good as well. Mercedes less so. Audi and Porsche are in a league of their own. Their interiors are solid, well-crafted and artful.

I think the biggest thing I perceive when I compare Lexus cabins to the Germans is the distinctly different approaches to luxury. The Germans are still quite imposing, business-like and austere (BMW in particular) while Lexus is more organic, warm and friendly. The mood inside Lexi are more cheerful and calming with the creamy tones of leather and bright wood. I always the find the wood inside some European cars to look rather dark and dead whereas the wood inside a Lexus is luminous and alive.

I would rate Audi at the top based on design and construction. Lexus a close second on construction but not as highly on design.
Old 03-30-08, 10:41 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
I think the biggest thing I perceive when I compare Lexus cabins to the Germans is the distinctly different approaches to luxury. The Germans are still quite imposing, business-like and austere (BMW in particular) while Lexus is more organic, warm and friendly. The mood inside Lexi are more cheerful and calming with the creamy tones of leather and bright wood. I always the find the wood inside some European cars to look rather dark and dead whereas the wood inside a Lexus is luminous and alive.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts too.
Old 03-31-08, 06:14 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBull
How does Audi or MB compare on interiors?
audi is my 2nd choice on interiors after Lexus. Audi's interior are far better than MB and BMWs