Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is this the New Honda NSX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-08, 03:37 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leedogg
i wouldnt be surprised it the new GTR has delayed things even further for both NSX and LFA development as they will both undoubtedly set out to try and beat it
And you know, it is there own damn fault. Honda/Acura wouldn't have to compete and worry about the GTR and its great numbers if they simply make the car a mid engine RWD. A mid engine sports/exotic car caters to a different type of person.
Old 03-31-08, 03:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Acura has been listening to me.... I said it before on here... This is the new CL (with a v10 ) and not the NSX.. Finally Honda is using its F1 technology..
A CL with a V10? No, I don't quite think so. That would be like putting a Corvette LS2 V8 in an econobox.
Old 03-31-08, 03:38 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 03-31-08, 03:45 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahahhaa
the pics in this thread are cracking me up

CF turtle shell FTW!
Old 03-31-08, 03:45 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm reposting this in every "next NSX" thread in the slim hope that someone at Honda is reading. Bring on HSC concept!! Not that front-engined AWD thing that has no business in being slapped on the NSX badge. The HSC is made of pure win. Why can't you hear it, Honda?

Last edited by XeroK00L; 03-31-08 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-31-08, 04:54 PM
Koma

Forum Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
And you know, it is there own damn fault. Honda/Acura wouldn't have to compete and worry about the GTR and its great numbers if they simply make the car a mid engine RWD. A mid engine sports/exotic car caters to a different type of person.
I dunno... the GT-R targets the 911 Turbo. That technically is a different crowd as well...
Old 03-31-08, 05:00 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
I dunno... the GT-R targets the 911 Turbo. That technically is a different crowd as well...
Competition wise yes. Market wise? I'm not sure they will succeed. Porsche owners and lovers are almost like in a cult. It will take more than a better performing car to get them to switch. Just like a mid engine, a rear engine has a very unique driving experience. That is what draws owners to these cars. Performance wise many other cars can and do beat it, but the driving feel and dynamics are not the same, so the experience is not the same.
Old 03-31-08, 05:08 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Again I am sick of all these NSX conceptual portraits, there are just too many of them and nothing real. Come on I wonder what is so difficult to make a super car from this multi-billion dollar automakers? It seems to me this supercar is more difficult to design and produce than those spaceships that could escape earth's gravity.
Old 03-31-08, 06:25 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol at the pics.
Old 04-01-08, 12:01 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Near mid 80s, and sunny with some trade winds as well I believe
Ah, I despise you... haha j/k!
Old 04-01-08, 06:46 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like another holiday auto photochop, i wouldn't even look at that pic.
Old 04-01-08, 12:22 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You NSX O.Gs must be just pissed beyond belief at this point. I can only imagine. Where are people jumping to, what other cars as NSX replacements?
Actually, a lot of NSX owners I know go back to owning an NSX after selling theirs. I have 6 or 7 friends who have been multiple owners. In fact, I have 2 previous owner friends that are in the market for another NSX right now (after going Porsche and Ferrari). The Porsche owner is a modder and is done with his car. He just needs a new project. The Ferrari owner wants a car that he can drive really hard and not worry about anything breaking.

To tell you the truth, I've lost all faith in Honda coming up with a worthy successor. Oh well. Audi R8 maybe? I'll always love NSXs, and perhaps I'll always keep one. Fortunately, I have zero brand loyalty. Who knows, I may be driving a Tesla next year. Life's short, so you might as well enjoy it.
Old 04-01-08, 06:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Actually, a lot of NSX owners I know go back to owning an NSX after selling theirs. I have 6 or 7 friends who have been multiple owners. In fact, I have 2 previous owner friends that are in the market for another NSX right now (after going Porsche and Ferrari). The Porsche owner is a modder and is done with his car. He just needs a new project. The Ferrari owner wants a car that he can drive really hard and not worry about anything breaking.

To tell you the truth, I've lost all faith in Honda coming up with a worthy successor. Oh well. Audi R8 maybe? I'll always love NSXs, and perhaps I'll always keep one. Fortunately, I have zero brand loyalty. Who knows, I may be driving a Tesla next year. Life's short, so you might as well enjoy it.
Gotcha, thanks

Old 04-01-08, 10:08 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I'm reposting this in every "next NSX" thread in the slim hope that someone at Honda is reading. Bring on HSC concept!! Not that front-engined AWD thing that has no business in being slapped on the NSX badge. The HSC is made of pure win. Why can't you hear it, Honda?

This looks pretty cool.
Old 04-01-08, 11:06 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L

Honestly even though I would love for the next NSX to be mid engine rwd that concept is just not nearly as good looking as the original NSX and from many angles just looks odd and I am kind of glad they did not go with it as it probrably would have failed. It does not have anywhere near the presense as the original and many NSX enthusiasts were complaining about its looks when it came out including me. It also only had a 3.5 liter v6 and at or just over 300hp which is what Acura was saying, they never gave official numbers. The new NSX needed at least a 400hp v6 whether it be super highly tuned or turbo charged and it really needed a v8 or v10 to lure more customers from Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus, Porsche, Z06,etc. Although they had the basics right mid engine rwd they did not have the others right with that concept like stunning head turning looks like the original, larger more powerful engine and performance to match.

The original NSX came out in 91 with 270hp where most of its competition had around 250-300hp so it was in the ball park and because of its engineering and light weight it outperformed the competition. Now the competition has at least 350hp to 500hp with most near 500hp now. That Acura concept would not have cut it. That thing would have been absolutely destroyed by the GTR and upcoming LFA and would have been more then the GTR and maybe not much less then the LFA. It could not have competed with the 450+hp Ferrari F430 either. At least Acura will have a v10 with the new front engined NSX which will probrably spawn more rwd cars off its platform.

Quick Reply: Is this the New Honda NSX?