Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is this the New Honda NSX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-08, 10:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Is this the New Honda NSX?

Is This the New Honda NSX?

2010 is the year of introduction

March 31, 2008 05:01 By Thami Masemola

In Japan things are happening faster than normal. Not that Japan is slow, hardly. But these days supercars are being churned outta Japan like sake at the corner bar. Why just the other day we had the formidable Nissan GT-R coming out of the factory. Toyota is bringing a sports car of its own while its Lexus division can’t seem to make up its mind whether LF-A is a perpetual concept or a future car. Now we have the next Honda NSX being scheduled, and we have a pretty good idea of what it will look like, thanks to Best Car magazine. Expectations are that it will cost even more than the GT-R.

NSX has been testing under mule conditions in Nordschleife last summer. According to the word on the street, NSX aims to hit a time of 7 minutes 30 seconds around there, which would be a Porsche GT beater and possibly GT-R slayer too. How do they plan on achieving such a mad proposition? Well V10 is the engine size of choice, displacing a 4.5-litre engine. Said figures reach over 400kW for power. The car will be sold under the Acura name which is on its way to Japan. Will it live up to the legendary status of its predecessor like the GT-R has proven to?
via worldcarfans

source
Old 03-31-08, 10:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Is THIS the new NSX?

New NSX designs are like jumping sheep.
Old 03-31-08, 10:21 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

LOL

I'm gonna crap bricks if the new NSx comes out before the LFA.
Old 03-31-08, 10:29 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Is THIS the new NSX?

New NSX designs are like jumping sheep.
Oh crap the entire cafeteria heard me crack the hell up. If we had a dollar for every Acura release of what is "going" to come, we would all have Ferrari 599s

Old 03-31-08, 10:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

amazing how much i do NOT feel when i see rumor pics of the nsx @_@
Old 03-31-08, 10:39 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That very well could be a new V10 Coupe offered by Acura, but it is no NSX. Does that look like a New Sports Car-Exprimental too you? It doesn't look like a Sports Car too me. Would make a great RL Coupe though.
Old 03-31-08, 12:06 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

That is just another magazine artist impression of what they think the next NSX will look like and that looks awful. Looks like a bland cross between a Ferrari 599, RX8, and SC430. Most magazine/internet impressions end up looking nothing like the actual product and their information is often incorrect. Acura is using a modified S2000 body shell on its concepts going around European/Japanese tracks so nobody really knows what the new NSX is going to resemble but most are tired of the constant delays and changes.

This replacement is not even a new NSX because the NSX was a light mid engine exotic ment to take on Ferraris and Porshe 911s where this new thing is front engined meant to take on Aston Martins, Porsche Panamera coupes, BMW M6, and other front engined cars. Why Acura can't make a new light weight mid engine NSX to take on Ferraris, R8, Lotus Espirit, Lambos, and be truly unique in the marketplace and then make a front engine high performance luxury car with SHAWD to take on the LFA, Aston Martins, front engine Ferraris, M6, high end Merc coupes is beyond me, they are trying to release one car to compete with too many cars and are abondoning the faithful who wanted a true mid engine NSX succesor.
Old 03-31-08, 12:12 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

That photo just screams Mazda at me.
Old 03-31-08, 12:18 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So anyway, its a mostly sunny 57 degrees out in Cali right now with a slight breeze, how's it looking in other parts of the world?
Old 03-31-08, 12:32 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Acura has been listening to me.... I said it before on here... This is the new CL (with a v10 ) and not the NSX.. Finally Honda is using its F1 technology..
Old 03-31-08, 01:05 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

There is no spoon.
Old 03-31-08, 01:48 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
So anyway, its a mostly sunny 57 degrees out in Cali right now with a slight breeze, how's it looking in other parts of the world?
Near mid 80s, and sunny with some trade winds as well I believe
Old 03-31-08, 02:18 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing looks more like an infinity than an acura. Shares absolutely none of the new styling queues. Highly suspect.
Old 03-31-08, 02:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by pvmike1
There is no spoon.
You NSX O.Gs must be just pissed beyond belief at this point. I can only imagine. Where are people jumping to, what other cars as NSX replacements?

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Acura has been listening to me.... I said it before on here... This is the new CL (with a v10 ) and not the NSX.. Finally Honda is using its F1 technology..
F1 uses V-8s now, Honda and hell Lexus have taken so long engine configurations changed.

Old 03-31-08, 02:22 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt be surprised it the new GTR has delayed things even further for both NSX and LFA development as they will both undoubtedly set out to try and beat it

Quick Reply: Is this the New Honda NSX?