Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Murano Break down...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-08, 06:39 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** them. if you want you can ask for the GM, give him hell, then demand a contact from Nissan Corporate with whom you can further discuss your treatment there with.
Old 04-02-08, 05:45 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Habious
But, I really do think you need to let them know. The sales department needs to know that they lost a guaranteed sale because of the service department.

It won't make a difference for you but, maybe...just maybe...it'll make a difference for the next guy who has to go to that dealership with a service issue.

They can't learn from their mistakes unless they know they've made them. Just my $.02
I agree. The GM may actually thank you for bring it to his/her attention. In dealerships, they roll heads pretty quickly. There is no H.R. department in dealerships.

I am a manager myself. When there is an issue, I ask the customer not to judge me and my product based on an issue, but how the issue was resolved once I was notified. If the GM does nothing, then I would be upset. If he/she takes action, I would be ok.

Good luck.
Old 04-02-08, 06:01 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.,
Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

Give these folks a call and tell them your story. They want to hear when dealerships mistreat customers.
Thansk for the info.
I did give them a call to explain the issues. They were very polite, to bad they don't work at the dealership.
Old 04-02-08, 06:29 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry to hear that happened, Big *****. I used to own Murano for 45K miles, but fortunately never give me any problem back then.
Old 04-02-08, 09:05 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

I think it is unfair to say that all Nissan dealers act this way.

However, a cousin of mine has an 06 Murano and said the exact same thing - it is her LAST Nissan because of dealer treatment (and she has tried multiple ones).

I was in her car recently and she was commenting on how bad it rode since her oil change. She said she called the dealer and they said they did nothing to the suspension. I showed her how to call up the tire pressure on the monitor - they were all between 48 and 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in the end, I honestly have never heard good things about Nissan dealers....
Old 04-02-08, 01:59 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Nissan dealers are not all that bad, no worse then Toyota, BMW or Lexus, it does suck if that is the one and only dealer, my Toyota Dealer was horrible so I sold my 4Runner
Old 04-02-08, 02:05 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

If you think that's bad, I should spill out some of the horror stories some of my uncle's clients get at his shop after they have gone to Nissan. Now Nissan isn't the only bad apple and for the most part most agencies here have their share of issues, though I do have mostly pleasant things to say about Toyota and I hope it carries on when Lexus opens its doors here this year.
Old 04-02-08, 03:20 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I've had numerous Nissans but have gotten them all from the same 2 dealerships and the service at both has been excellent. But I know there are some real turds out there as well.

I would most certainly make a fuss over it to the place that gave you the bad treatment. And if they lost a sale as a result I would wave that one all in their faces big time.
Old 04-02-08, 05:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
I
I was in her car recently and she was commenting on how bad it rode since her oil change. She said she called the dealer and they said they did nothing to the suspension. I showed her how to call up the tire pressure on the monitor - they were all between 48 and 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That, doug, can cause more than just a kidney-pounding ride. PSI's like that, depending on the tire's built-in safety margin, can cause lousy handling from a narrow center contact patch, tire damage, tire failure, or even steering and suspension damage from hard jolts. If you know for a fact that the dealership did that, that warrants a complaint.
Old 04-02-08, 05:54 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by EDGE2
Nissan dealers are not all that bad, no worse then Toyota, BMW or Lexus, it does suck if that is the one and only dealer, my Toyota Dealer was horrible so I sold my 4Runner
What? Nissan quality and service has ranked low or at the bottom for YEARS. While I loved my Sentra, the dealer(s) were AWFUL.

My Lexus dealer makes Nissan look totally inept.

Old 04-02-08, 06:35 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That, doug, can cause more than just a kidney-pounding ride. PSI's like that, depending on the tire's built-in safety margin, can cause lousy handling from a narrow center contact patch, tire damage, tire failure, or even steering and suspension damage from hard jolts. If you know for a fact that the dealership did that, that warrants a complaint.
Yep, she called them - they just didn't care. She ended up switching dealers but the new one has not been much better (she has been waiting over two months for a part).

What killed me was that when she called them, they claimed they did nothing to the car to affect the ride. Yes, adding air to the tire doesn't do much
Old 04-02-08, 08:13 PM
mink92890
Lead Lap

I know the feeling exactly. We used to have a 1998 Nissan Quest. The service department was trying to get us to replace the timing belt after THEY replaced it just 10,000 miles ago. A guy looked at it and said it looked old. My mom was about to do it, till I told her we got it done. When she asked them, they said they do not keep a record of what was done at previous services.

Lets just say a few weeks later, we sold that, and bought the RX400h.

Mink92890
Old 04-03-08, 02:50 AM
gorilaFART
Pole Position

if your car is still under warranty then i think it should be simple... you should threaten to sue the ***** out of them if they dont fix or replace your car.... due to the Lemon Act/ the Lemon law...

they have to fix your car or replace your car free of charge.
http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_relea..._pimentel1.asp
hopefully this law might prove helpful to you, and relieve you of any financial stress.
Old 04-03-08, 09:30 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
What? Nissan quality and service has ranked low or at the bottom for YEARS. While I loved my Sentra, the dealer(s) were AWFUL.

My Lexus dealer makes Nissan look totally inept.
I don't know what the hell happened to Nissan but it seems like Nissan, Toyota, Honda are all hit and miss and they routinely crap on their customers, when these customers are the ones carrying the companies.

Lexus has great service but my NY dealers have outrageous prices for anything. (Nally Lexus is sweet)

But Nissan's problem is Ghosn, he went way to cheap, anything with a 2.5 4cylinder or a CVT stay away from, the rest of the Nissan's are hit and miss, my Maxima is great but I'll trade it in a heartbeat

Lastly, God bless future GTR owners
Old 04-03-08, 11:47 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mink92890
I know the feeling exactly. We used to have a 1998 Nissan Quest. The service department was trying to get us to replace the timing belt after THEY replaced it just 10,000 miles ago. A guy looked at it and said it looked old. My mom was about to do it, till I told her we got it done. When she asked them, they said they do not keep a record of what was done at previous services.

Lets just say a few weeks later, we sold that, and bought the RX400h.

Mink92890
Has the same crap done by Lexus with my wife's RX300. Was told the cabin airfilter needed to be changed as it was completely clogged. Told them THEY did it 5,000 miles ago at the previous service (to the tune of something like $75). They came back and said "oh, we will just use an air hose and clean it up for you". Typical dealer crap. Hell the service writers even had pictures of them (dirty and new) in their cubes - talk about trying to make a quick buck.

Quick Reply: Nissan Murano Break down...