Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

HG Motorsports E55!! - One of the nicest E55's I've ever seen!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 06:24 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
For some reason I had a feeling this would make it here on this forum. Thanks Seize.

Not defending the car as it isn't mine so I could care less but just offering my opinion on the car and what I saw in it.

First off, I knew the style of the car wouldn't be for everyone. What it is though, is something different from the typical modified E55's. Is different always better? Well, that's subjective but, like Gferg, I do like the car for what it is.

I've been to so many MB events in the last three years and have seen my fair share of modded E55's. I can honestly say most look similar if not the same from afar. Not that the owners are to blame because the aftermarket support for Mercedes in general is extremely limited hence the simplicity of modifications for this car and others. There isn't really much you can do to them outside of the typical stuff. Another contributing factor is that most of the AMG's are leased due to their depreciation so owners aren't as inclined to modify extensively but would rather prefer simple, easy to remove mods. The fact that 91% of the AMG "sales" in 2006 were leases says it all.

Angles and lighting aren't for everyone either. If you guys would have read my posts on some of the other forums that these pics were also posted on you'll know that there were 3 cars to the front of the E55 and 4 in the rear of that narrow lot. Just did what I could with the E55 so that the cars in the background wouldn't show up in the pics hence the strange angles. I have "normal" angles but they had way too many distractions in the background.
Nobody said anything about angles and lighting, I believe it was based on the thought "another car with black grill, wheels, etc"
Old 04-02-08, 07:57 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was unmoved by it.

However, I was moved to say how unmoved I was by it...
Old 04-02-08, 08:00 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Not bad, but I've seen better.
Old 04-02-08, 10:19 AM
sdsilverm3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Nobody said anything about angles and lighting, I believe it was based on the thought "another car with black grill, wheels, etc"
Originally Posted by GFerg

Agree with the poster about the camera angles and lighting. First thing I noticed. They do nothing for these cars.
Originally Posted by Suneet
Alll the pictures in this thread except 1 are at retarded angles and don't really let you appreciate the car.
OLT, I suppose you didn't read the entire thread?