Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

no more toyota's for me...anyone have toyota corporate's number?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-08, 03:51 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, how the heck did you swing a 160K mile warranty? That for me is a cars lifetime X2. If that wasn't a typo that is a heck of a good warranty coverage.
Old 04-03-08, 05:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
they cussed at my wife for god's sake...the service manager called my wife a ***** in front of me!
I hope you're kidding....I didn't now it was THAT bad.

Maybe you should have given him some of your Army close-combat training.
Old 04-03-08, 06:20 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Yea, how the heck did you swing a 160K mile warranty? That for me is a cars lifetime X2. If that wasn't a typo that is a heck of a good warranty coverage.
it has the factory 5/60 coverage...then i purchased an extended warranty, 10 years/100,000 miles additional coverage.

theres a catch though...i ended up financing about 23K. i owed 18k on the matrix, they would only give me 14Kon trade...so at 16900+the 4k rollover, from the matrix, plus tax, title and liscense...but thats ok...im gonna have it forever, this will be my beater car in 10 years...ill get a new lexus or yota.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 04-03-08 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-03-08, 07:44 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you still want the number it is 800-331-4331. A couple months back I had an issue with a local dealer and I called corporate and complained. Apparently this is a very big deal, I had 2 managers and the the original sales guy both contact me within a day.
Old 04-04-08, 05:29 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

so today i got a call from the corporate liason at my local toyota dealer...lets just say i am ashamed to say that these people are on the same planet as i am. she told me, that because i called corporate before i gave them an opportunity to correct the problem, that they are hereby voiding my toyota factory warranty and are refusing service to myself and my wife indefinately.

Hows that for customer service?

so its offical, even with 485 a month, im still have the civic...with a **** ton of extras...
Old 04-05-08, 12:26 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's bs like this that turns people away from a brand. Toyota needs to discipline dealerships like these. The Power auto group of jack-offs gave us the run around when we were looking to buy a corolla for my brother. After getting bs from every toyota dealer around here, my dad said screw toyota and went and bought a second Subaru. I loved the look on their faces when we drove away in my GS. He said he will never buy Toyota after that experience. They don't seem to realize that people will forgo a brand because of one bad experience.
Old 04-05-08, 12:54 AM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so today i got a call from the corporate liason at my local toyota dealer...lets just say i am ashamed to say that these people are on the same planet as i am. she told me, that because i called corporate before i gave them an opportunity to correct the problem, that they are hereby voiding my toyota factory warranty and are refusing service to myself and my wife indefinately.

so its offical, even with 485 a month, im still have the civic...with a **** ton of extras...
What a bunch of jerks. What are you planning on doing next? Are you going to call the corporate office again? Or are you going to move things along with your newly acquired civic?
Old 04-05-08, 01:29 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Woogie
What a bunch of jerks. What are you planning on doing next? Are you going to call the corporate office again? Or are you going to move things along with your newly acquired civic?
Heck at this point he might as well call corporate again just for giggles. He has nothing to loose now. He doesn't even own the car anymore so the dealership can threaten all they want and it will be for nothing. Give them hell and keep giving them bad ratings. Heck, if that happened to me I'd probably take advantage of where I work and plaster my own story on the evening news.
Old 04-05-08, 06:19 PM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matrix to new Civic? Not a good move from my personal experience.

My friend has a 2007 Civic and he has had several issues with the car. Another coworker has also had issues with her Civic. And a friend of mine owns a Si and has had problems with his tranmission.

These are all the newer Civics. The old ones were great.
Old 04-05-08, 06:59 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Heck at this point he might as well call corporate again just for giggles. He has nothing to loose now. He doesn't even own the car anymore so the dealership can threaten all they want and it will be for nothing. Give them hell and keep giving them bad ratings. Heck, if that happened to me I'd probably take advantage of where I work and plaster my own story on the evening news.
True. Maybe a letter to the BBB might be in order as well to report this dealership.
Old 04-05-08, 07:12 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

agreed... and i am happy with the matrix, and toyota as a brand. but as long as i have to deal with this particular dealership, i will not have a toyota. if i get stationed somewhere else, we will get another one. i mean, they cussed at my wife for god's sake...the service manager called my wife a ***** in front of me!
Are you kidding me. The service manager called your wife a bi***? I am sorry but if he did it in front of you he pretty much called you the same thing as he thought he could get away with it. What did you do after he said that? I don't think I have ever heard a businessman call someones woman a bi*** in front of their husband/boyfriend. What exactly was your wife saying when the guy said that? I just can't get my head around someone calling a woman that in front of her husband unless the woman was hysterical/calling the guy names and insulting him or physically attacking him. If a servicemanager or someone else in customer service called my wife/girlfriend or mom a bi*** I would have certainly gone to jail that night and he to the hospital and would have destroyed the place. I give you credit for holding your cool and being the better person because I doubt I would have been able to control myself. I think you should definitely go back and ask for the guys name and how displeased you are that he disrespected you and her like that and then report it Toyota Corporate exactly what he said, that is completely unacceptable, he is playing with fire talking like that and very well could get shot for acting like that. I would also spread your story on every car website you can and tell everyone you know and specifically name the dealership and person that were so disrespectful to you but I agree it is more a dealership problem then Toyota as a guy like that can work at any dealership.

Nice civic though.
Old 04-05-08, 07:28 PM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st congrats on the Civic. Those new ones sure look nice.
2nd. Its amazing anyone let alone a service provider would behave the way your dealer did. That said, I wouldn't dimiss all Toyota dealers. I own a Sienna after trading in an RX300, and thus far my dealer (Toyota of Kirkland) has been superb. Everytime the car goes in for an over an hour service I get a loaner, and if they only have compacts, they rent me a midsize! They also offer internet, starbucks etc.
The advisors are always nice, and go out of their way to meet my demands. I am very impressed, and I say it after owning a Lexus and now also an Infiniti!

Good luck with your Honda, and file that complaint with Toyota, I wish they compensate you, seems like you deserve it.

Cheers.
Old 04-06-08, 01:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

how can an dealer void your factory warranty? What are they, gods? Thats just. funny.
Old 04-06-08, 06:22 AM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you tell corporate that this dealer refused to do business with you ever again, because you called and complained to corporate. I also hope you tell them this dealer swore at your wife in person, and that you are filling a BBB complaint and posting this whole story online.

Oh yeah, and you just bought a Honda as a result
Old 04-06-08, 07:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,363 Likes on 1,549 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
how can an dealer void your factory warranty? What are they, gods? Thats just. funny.
Agreed, I don't get it. Dealer cannot void a FACTORY warranty or probably ANY warranty without legal action or they could choose not to honor a warranty for cause such as mods to the car or abuse.

Quick Reply: no more toyota's for me...anyone have toyota corporate's number?