Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

no more toyota's for me...anyone have toyota corporate's number?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-08, 06:20 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Congragulations on the new (er) Civic.
I hope that helps solve some of the problems you were having. I reviewed a 2006 Civic EX and found it an extremely well-built small car. The only things I didn't like were the split-level dash, digital speedometer, and jumpy off-idle electronic throttle; but, other than that, the car, quality-wise, was like a Swiss Watch.
Old 04-07-08, 05:25 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Today, i recieved an Email from Nancy Fien, the toyota Vice President of Customer Service. She wanted more information on my case. Here is what i wrote back:

after i spoke with your customer service reps, i recieved a call from my corporate liason at my local toyota dealer, the one through which i was having an issue. I was told not to bring my vehicle for service there again, that Waite toyota did not want or need my business. they are the only toyota dealer within 95 miles of me...So, as a result, i purchased a 2006 Honda Civic EX. I still wish to be a toyota customer and will continue to buy toyota's in the future, but i just took a $5,000 hit to get rid of the one i had, just so i wouldnt have to deal with Waite toyota of watertown. THAT is how much influence your dealers have upon your customers. however being the educated customer that i am, i realize that Corporate cannot always control the business practices of every dealer, as such i still reccomend toyota's as a brand, but i will not buy another one until i relocate to a place where i have a choice of several dealerships/service centers.
hope this will do the job.
Old 04-07-08, 10:20 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Welcome back Josh.

I agree that it's not toyota but it's the stupid dealer. Just like my friend's horrrrible experiences with chrysler, she cut her loss and got rid of the pos car b/c the dealers were also bad.

That's a pretty fair letter

You should've also included that you belong on a lexus forum and would sure to hate the bad news spread like a wildfire.....just like the M3 issue on ebay.
Old 04-08-08, 05:47 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

thats why i like CL...and will not belong to any other forum except CL and LOC. i am accepted here no matter what car i drive.

now, does anyone know anything about the R-18 series engines? if so PM me i have a question...lol
Old 04-08-08, 07:29 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Army,

Glad you are at least in another vehicle.

I noticed wait toyota, that's Watertown NY.

The behavior of your experience is sad, given my impression of people in that area, Morristown/Ogdensberg, as some of the nicest on the planet.

Typically I vacation up there with friends I've known for years, since 81, who live on the river officially Morristown, but actually just east of it toward Ogdensberg, and as a result run into all kinds of people, all of them so nice and friendly.

I missed an opportunity to buy property near Watertown before there was a Fort Drum...I took a local's advice on the property, 106 acres, would not go up in value and roughly 2 years later it was announced there would be a base there and of course property price went sky high through the roof by comparison to what I would have paid.

I wish you good luck from here on out in car issues, generally.
Old 04-08-08, 07:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
thats why i like CL...and will not belong to any other forum except CL and LOC. i am accepted here no matter what car i drive.

Yes, I myself am a Subaru fan, though I had an IS300 when I joined CL. Even some of the CL senior moderators own and drive non-Lexus vehicles. Most of us here are wise and mature enough to appreciate the plusses that all auto manufacturers contribute.
Old 04-08-08, 05:50 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Army,

Glad you are at least in another vehicle.

I noticed wait toyota, that's Watertown NY.

The behavior of your experience is sad, given my impression of people in that area, Morristown/Ogdensberg, as some of the nicest on the planet.

Typically I vacation up there with friends I've known for years, since 81, who live on the river officially Morristown, but actually just east of it toward Ogdensberg, and as a result run into all kinds of people, all of them so nice and friendly.

I missed an opportunity to buy property near Watertown before there was a Fort Drum...I took a local's advice on the property, 106 acres, would not go up in value and roughly 2 years later it was announced there would be a base there and of course property price went sky high through the roof by comparison to what I would have paid.

I wish you good luck from here on out in car issues, generally.
hey, ogdensberg is a hop, skip and a jump away, call me the next time you are in town, we will have lunch