Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Skyline Gtr Beating The Crap Out Of All Supercars

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 06:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Nissan Skyline Gtr Beating The Crap Out Of All Supercars

GODZILLA is back and kicking some ***. In every article in every magazine in the states and europe that compares the GTR to the likes of the ZO6, 911 turbo, and even the ezo. The car will destroy the 911 and the zo6 on the tarck and will even slalom at higher speeds than the Enzo Ferrari. Damn that makes me happy. I have always been a japanese car fan. But there was nothing that could come close to the performance of the new GTR. The NSX was quick bec it was feather lite, but had no real grunt. Nissan has brought GODZILLA to the states finally and I am enjoying the show. Very few cars in my life time were anticipated like this monster. I remeber seeing the R34 and R33 and battle of th imports in cali when I was a kid. And it effectively destroyed every car that came along, and I aleways wondered why nissanm didnt bring it to the states. In fact I think they only sold the GTR in Japan and australia. (not sure about the UK.) most everyone else had to import them at high cost. DAMN I am happy the true beast from the east has arrived and is showing the world what the japanese can do. This car like the NSX in the early 90's will change the way the world produces sports cars, and will raise the bar on every real sports car out there. The japanese just do it better for less and its reliable.
Old 04-02-08, 06:48 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
GODZILLA is back and kicking some ***. In every article in every magazine in the states and europe that compares the GTR to the likes of the ZO6, 911 turbo, and even the ezo. The car will destroy the 911 and the zo6 on the tarck and will even slalom at higher speeds than the Enzo Ferrari. Damn that makes me happy. I have always been a japanese car fan. But there was nothing that could come close to the performance of the new GTR. The NSX was quick bec it was feather lite, but had no real grunt. Nissan has brought GODZILLA to the states finally and I am enjoying the show. Very few cars in my life time were anticipated like this monster. I remeber seeing the R34 and R33 and battle of th imports in cali when I was a kid. And it effectively destroyed every car that came along, and I aleways wondered why nissanm didnt bring it to the states. In fact I think they only sold the GTR in Japan and australia. (not sure about the UK.) most everyone else had to import them at high cost. DAMN I am happy the true beast from the east has arrived and is showing the world what the japanese can do. This car like the NSX in the early 90's will change the way the world produces sports cars, and will raise the bar on every real sports car out there. The japanese just do it better for less and its reliable.
I can't wait til the LF-A comes out and show Nissan who their daddy is
Old 04-02-08, 06:55 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
I agree with you, however just one problem: The piece of paper stuck to the window of the LF-A in the showroom is going to show my bank account who is daddy...
Old 04-02-08, 07:09 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

WOOO GTR! haha i agree, love it! if only i could afford it!
Old 04-02-08, 08:25 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
I agree with you, however just one problem: The piece of paper stuck to the window of the LF-A in the showroom is going to show my bank account who is daddy...
Its also going to show the GTR whos daddy in the luxury department as well, which will be well worth the price tag!
Old 04-02-08, 08:30 PM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
can't wait for the v-spec
Old 04-02-08, 08:49 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

that's debatable, havent u seen the markup on most GT-Rs?
Old 04-02-08, 09:28 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

I totally agree and have the same feeling as you. I always love Japanaese cars more than any other country's cars, including German and Italian. Right now the cockiness of those German, especially from BMW owners, could be suppressed. I frequently hear "That Infiniti G35 is a nice car, but it is not a BMW". Now I could rephrase it as "M3 is a nice car, the best from BMW, but it is not a GT-R".
Old 04-02-08, 09:34 PM
LexFather

I love the new GT-R and what it is doing. Amazing really.

Old 04-02-08, 09:35 PM
LexFather

Old 04-02-08, 09:46 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This probably explains the new trend in my city to rebadge G35's as Skylines -.-"
Old 04-02-08, 11:11 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eyezack87
This probably explains the new trend in my city to rebadge G35's as Skylines -.-"
The GT-R is just that...the Nissan GT-R. It shares no ties with the skyline name. The G35 is the nissan skyline 350/370GT.
Old 04-02-08, 11:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by eyezack87
I rather see them rebadged as Skylines, as Hypnotik said, that is what they are.

There are some with GT-R badges and they are NOT GT-Rs....

Old 04-02-08, 11:27 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I rather see them rebadged as Skylines, as Hypnotik said, that is what they are.

There are some with GT-R badges and they are NOT GT-Rs....
Exactly. I've seen quite a few mustangs with GT-R badges...also sentras. Hopefully when the GT-R comes around, they feel some kind of shame in putting the badge on their cars
Old 04-02-08, 11:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
Exactly. I've seen quite a few mustangs with GT-R badges...also sentras. Hopefully when the GT-R comes around, they feel some kind of shame in putting the badge on their cars
I'm sure I've seen a Toyota with it too....hell blame Pep Boys/AutoZone

Quick Reply: Nissan Skyline Gtr Beating The Crap Out Of All Supercars