Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

On HI, tons of bikes pulled over by cops.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08 | 11:24 PM
LexFather

Post On HI, tons of bikes pulled over by cops.

http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/show...=400726&page=3

Originally Posted by istdercollen;1574380
What's up guys.. Hawai'i checking in. We just had a cruise this weekend, and somehow or another this is what happened.. EVERYBODY got a ticket.. from speeding, to impeding traffic, dirty license plates, no mirrors.. ANYTHING they could write you for, they got it!

Old 04-02-08 | 11:57 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Good luck, cops?
Old 04-02-08 | 11:58 PM
Frankie_B
Driver School Candidate

Now they should all fight their tickets and overload the court system! lol
Old 04-03-08 | 12:25 AM
sleeper408

Why all those tickets? The last time I was there, they still didn't have a helmet law. Maybe the state needs extra money?
Old 04-03-08 | 12:41 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Frankie_B
hahah rofl
Old 04-03-08 | 02:29 AM
gorilaFART
Pole Position

i will always see cops as little b*tches that were bullied growing up.
Old 04-03-08 | 07:03 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Can't say what really happened but a lot of times these sports bike guys tend to block traffic on the freeway, then race each other, or to tricks on their bikes like standing on the seat, wheelies, or whatever. Once when I was going to work at 10PM at night, about 6 bikes did this on the freeway. Blocked off all lanes, and started going about 30 MPH to open a gap so a couple of them could race and do tricks. I was so pissed. Then, a van comes up right behind my car and tail gates me thinking I was the one going slow. He realizes it wasn't me, then proceeds to overtake me, forcing his way right in the middle of the bikes, and started yelling at them and weaving around. Needless to say, they moved out of the way. Now, I don't condone that behavior, but for the last couple miles while stuck behind the bikes I was thinking of running them all over myself.

Again, not saying these guys were doing that, as I have a few friends that ride sports bikes and cruise as well, but there are a bunch of them that do **** everyone off and a large group of sports bikes will draw a lot of attention.

Also, some of these guys ride and do their stupid stunts in the middle of traffic. Once when going home on the freeway about 3:30PM. a couple of them came up besides me in the NSX. They started acting like they wanted to race. I didn't bite. Once guy then sits on his tank with his legs over the handle bars and starts riding like that along side of me. He starts weaving a bit and I'm getting pissed as I don't want him hitting my car. Then he passes two motorcycle cops on the far side of the road giving someone a ticket. The see him and one jobs on his bike and pull the idiot over. I was laughing my A off the whole way home
Old 04-03-08 | 07:06 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Frankie_B
Wont work. I believe in order to curb police overtime, there was a law passed that the cops don't need to show up in court unless absolutely needed. These court appearance for tickets are overtime pay for them.
Old 04-03-08 | 07:08 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

wow....that is kind of interesting see that many people got pull over at one time good luck with it
Old 04-03-08 | 09:26 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Why all those tickets? The last time I was there, they still didn't have a helmet law. Maybe the state needs extra money?
Govt always wants more money. The bureaucracy is an insatiable beast. What a giant waste of taxpayer time and money.
Old 04-03-08 | 11:30 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

back in the days we would have huge BMW meets, and turned out that the police monitored forums and setup check points for all illegal mods and crazy driving.

we even had helicopters showing up we were mentioned in the new papers for being the hell angels of BMW.

this was in CA
Old 04-03-08 | 11:50 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I ride a sport bike and I have been with packs this large, too much for my taste, better off with 2-5 guys.

Either way, cops hate motorcycle riders, excuse me, sport bike riders. They see us all as delinquents who speed and don't obey the laws. Always finding a reason to pull us over.

Point in case, I was in an accident once as a cab side swiped me on the HW when I was riding by myself on my way home from work and sent me flying off the bike, I ended up fracturing my ankle and bleeding on the side of a HW propped on the guardrail. When the cops got on the scene, one was just badgering me asking if I stole the bike, if I had a license, insurance, if I was doing tricks, speeding all while I am losing blood with a puddle below my left foot and my bike was totaled in the middle of the street. No question of the cab driver or how I fell, just what I was doing wrong. I had to give him all my info before he called the EMT. If it wasn't for this older lady who saw it all happen and yelled at the cop to cut me a break, I would have probably been arrested because he didn't believe me.

Honestly, it is just a case of a lot of rotten apples, including me a few years ago, spoiling it for the bunch. So now I save my speeding for the track.
Old 04-04-08 | 12:01 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

"Bikes" and "pulled over by cops" should never be in the same sentance. LOL.

Back when we used to ride in high school no cops could ever catch any of us. The only time we would even consider it was if they were on the new BMWs (rare at the time) and not off the bike.
Old 04-04-08 | 02:15 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whlkev
back in the days we would have huge BMW meets, and turned out that the police monitored forums and setup check points for all illegal mods and crazy driving.

we even had helicopters showing up we were mentioned in the new papers for being the hell angels of BMW.

this was in CA

WOW, the police devoted that much time searching the internet for THAT, and how much does it cost to run the helicopter. Man, what a rip off.

I saw the payroll for SD police, way too many people pulling in 100, 150, 200k a year for a civil service job, now I see how they do it.

Shouldn't they be searching the internet for sex offenders or nabbing illegal aliens, oh wait, that doesn't generate any revenue. Police have just become revenue generators, I could see if people were doing something wrong, but making up stuff like this reminds me of Tijuana police, only its state sanctioned.
Old 04-04-08 | 04:09 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whlkev

this was in CA
lol wow...how bout they get off the computer and go out and do something useful...like idk...protect stuff? it is their job isnt?

What if they checkin on here for our next meet lol

Quick Reply: On HI, tons of bikes pulled over by cops.