Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, Generate Revenue

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-08, 03:20 PM
Vertex GS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InspiredGS
A few years back, there was this one sheriffs officer in Cerritos that would give me the most retarded tickets...

1. clear corners (first gen 3.2 TL, factory clear corner, orange bumper lens)
2. stickers
3. wheels too big ticket (18 inch wheels, stocks are 15 so it is illegal)

This particular cop pulled me over about 6 times in 2 months and handed me many citations, but these were the most ridiculous. Others include modified exhaust (Greddy, won in court), modified suspension (took it to CHP and they signed it off about 30 mins from recieving the ticket), no front license plate, etc.. Cop hated me since I contested the tickets and won most of them.

that must me officer wolf. damn hes notorious or ish like that. i got the same thing when i had a mr2
Old 04-07-08, 03:31 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am convinced, I am never moving back to Cali.....Smog, gangs and pigs.....Seems like I hear about the guilty until you are proven innocent a lot.

Here in Illinois the cops actually ask me about what kind of blue headlights those are cause they want to do that with their motorcycle or one who has a kid and wants to know some advice on how to get more horsepower out of a Civic.

Whatever happened to Class Action Lawsuit? I can't wait to hear about that one.

Last edited by flipicanez; 04-07-08 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-07-08, 03:37 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flipicanez
I am convinced, I am never moving back to Cali.....Smog, gangs and pigs.....Seems like I hear about the guilty until you are proven innocent a lot.

Here in Illinois the cops actually ask me about what kind of blue headlights those are cause they want to do that with their motorcycle or one who has a kid and wants to know some advice on how to get more horsepower out of a Civic.

cool cops over there.
Old 04-07-08, 03:58 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
cool cops over there.
+1 LOL, I once got two tickets, one was for making a left turn when the lifght was yellow, and another one was for taking too long to get my license and registration out. I won both in court though...
Old 04-07-08, 03:58 PM
SC4_FI
Pole Position

there are some like that over here too...i got arrested once, (i will leave out why...) and on the way to booking, the cop and i talked alot about racing cars. he talked about how he has taken his cruiser down to the local drag strip, just for the hell of it. same cop removed a charge and decided to only book me on 2 of the 5 he could have. great guy!
Old 04-07-08, 05:33 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vertex GS3
that must me officer wolf. damn hes notorious or ish like that. i got the same thing when i had a mr2
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA ... Yea, thats the fool... He told me he doesn't what fixed up cars in his city, yet I heard he was driving a lowered S10..
Old 04-10-08, 03:25 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation You "car meet" guys see this?

http://thenewspaper.com/news/23/2302.asp

I personally think it not only sucks hugely, but has to be illegal. What happened to "presumption of innocence" or "right to assemble" or "burden of proof" or even habeas corpus for that matter???

Henry, you'd better watch it going to those meets!

Old 04-10-08, 03:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=california

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=345709

personally i highly doubt if it's just gathering. more than likely it's street races and what not afterwards. riverside is known for street race problem here in socal. and as you read in the 2nd link, people were arrested for doing burnout (iirc). personally i would never condone that

bottom line, if you are not doing anything illegal, cops can't get to you no matter what you do. i have organized some of the biggest lexus meet in the nation with over 150 cars, cops were aware of it, but they were totally cool. car shows i have attended, even cops were looking around and enjoying our cars.

of course, there are always a-hole cops, but then again if you have something illegal on your car, you are doing something wrong right?

and don't worry mike, i hardly go to meets at all anymore. if anything i usually only go to the well organized meets in fixed private locations. random meets don't really do much to me
Old 04-10-08, 03:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

btw i am merging this to car chat thread coz' it doesn' thave anything to do with ls
Old 04-10-08, 08:49 PM
burton159
Driver

lol atleast we have the best WEATHER in the states !!
Old 04-10-08, 08:52 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Original related topic...repost if you will:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=345709
Old 04-10-08, 11:27 PM
stvn
Pole Position

guilty until proven innocent
Old 04-11-08, 01:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by burton159
lol atleast we have the best WEATHER in the states !!
...besides the fog (up north), the bad smog, the massive fires, the winds, the landslides caused by heavy rain after none for months or years, the impending earthquakes (I know that's not weather ) - besides all that, yeah it's the best.
Old 04-11-08, 02:48 PM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
...besides the fog (up north), the bad smog, the massive fires, the winds, the landslides caused by heavy rain after none for months or years, the impending earthquakes (I know that's not weather ) - besides all that, yeah it's the best.
well it doesn't hurt having teams like La Clippers, La Lakers, USC trojans, the UCLA Bruins, LA Kings,Anaheim Ducks, Dodgers and the Angels; some of the best universities in the country...Cal Tech, CAL, UCLA, Stanford, Wharton West; having Hollywood stationed in Southern California, while Silicon Valley is up north..access to San Diego, Orange County, Santa Barbara, San Francisco,Los Angeles, Malibu, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Napa Valley.

Great beaches along the coast Theme Parks like Disneyland and Magic mountain; museums like the Getty, National History, and a plethora of others, and we haven't yet talked about the women either..Yeah California is a pretty great place to live

Last edited by MrBruin09; 04-11-08 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-11-08, 07:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Yup, California is great!

Quick Reply: California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, Generate Revenue