Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Fake cop in Honda Accord police car pulls over real cop

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-08, 09:53 AM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the new chevy WRX.

jk

outrun this Beeiaatch
Old 04-06-08, 11:19 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The sad fact is that cops often speed and get away with it. Though there are a few honest ones, (I know one cop who ticketed HIMSELF...that's rare), cops, in general, don't ticket each other for it (it invites retaliation, especially from cops of higher rank), and it is very difficult for a non-cop to do so.
Kind of works both ways as well. Most people in general speed and get away with it. I speed every single day and have acquired I think about 5-6 speeding tickets 20 years of driving. Almost every single person I know speed somewhat. Whether it is 5 MPH over the speed limit or 10-15 or greater. I don't really know anyone that actually drives the speed limit all the time especially on the freeways.
Old 04-06-08, 11:22 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Kind of works both ways as well. Most people in general speed and get away with it. I speed every single day and have acquired I think about 5-6 speeding tickets 20 years of driving. Almost every single person I know speed somewhat. Whether it is 5 MPH over the speed limit or 10-15 or greater. I don't really know anyone that actually drives the speed limit all the time especially on the freeways.
Isn't that kind of a sign? Does that strike no-one as wierd. We feel a tendency that the posted speed is too slow. 65 by todays standards is fairly slow. Bump it up to 80, heck even 90. Some people just feel more comfortable going at those higher speeds. However if they did that, cops wouldn't generate as much revenue in tickets now would they
Old 04-06-08, 12:01 PM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At 65, everyone goes 75 or 80. If the limit gets boosted to lets say 75, everyone will still go 10-15 over, driving 85 and 90. I dont think its about retinue as much as its about letting people drive over the speed limit to an extent. On distance trips, set the cruise control to 78 and you'll never have a problem...
Old 04-06-08, 12:05 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'd reconsider the statement about who got owned. That guy in the Accord could end up in prison. Using license plates sure beats MAKING them.

thats who i meant, the old guy, not the cop. wait unless u were talkin about the cop?
Old 04-06-08, 12:25 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

There was a simulated study a while ago that researched at what speed will people travel if the speed limit was raised. What it found was there is a natural comfortable flow of speed for particular types of streets/highway/freeways and such. On the freeways, people tend to travel about 70-75MPH on average. Even if the so called posted speed limit were 75, most people are not comfortable traveling at 85-95 MPH and would still go about 70-75. It was recommended for our state to raise the speed limit in certain areas of our freeways from 55 and 50. The state did raise it in certain areas to 60MPH which was still lower than the recommended and 70 MPH that everyone travels at anyway.
Old 04-06-08, 01:44 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by BoDarville
pics of said boxster and wrx, please
Monterey Park's Sti

I've seen the Sti's before

Last edited by xioix; 04-06-08 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-06-08, 01:44 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The County Police where I live have been caught by the County's own speed cameras when they were not on a call driving their cruisers. No lights, no sirens, just normal driving. There was a big debate whether the officers should pay the tickets, or does the owner of the vehicle pay the ticket (which is the County Police Dept).

After a big debate, the officers had to pay the tickets. Also, 2 officers were caught in the pictures actually flipping the bird to the camera. They were reprimanded for doing so.

So, at least in my County, the officers are not above the law.
Old 04-06-08, 01:55 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MD350
The County Police where I live have been caught by the County's own speed cameras when they were not on a call driving their cruisers. No lights, no sirens, just normal driving. There was a big debate whether the officers should pay the tickets, or does the owner of the vehicle pay the ticket (which is the County Police Dept).

After a big debate, the officers had to pay the tickets. Also, 2 officers were caught in the pictures actually flipping the bird to the camera. They were reprimanded for doing so.

So, at least in my County, the officers are not above the law.
lol nice, if only it was like that everywhere
Old 04-06-08, 02:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by yusef
thats who i meant, the old guy, not the cop. wait unless u were talkin about the cop?
No. I meant the old guy in the Accord.
Old 04-06-08, 02:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Agreed. I don't always nail the limit myself, but usually stay reasonably close to it. This year marks 40 years behind the wheel for me and I haven't gotten a speeding ticket yet. Got a couple of red lights, though.
Old 04-06-08, 02:08 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
The fact that the police car is a Honda should be a dead give away that he wasn't a legit cop. Then again most people won't look at what kind of car it is, they'll just look for the paint job and flashing lights.
In Vancouver, cop cars some in all shapes and sizes. I have seen Jags, Chrysler 300s, Suvs by the score, Pickup trucks, VW Beetles, as well as color schemes that would fool anybody. I've seen this in other jurisdictions like Hawaii and some of the lower 48s.
Old 04-06-08, 02:33 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

this post is pretty funny liking it.....
Old 04-06-08, 02:55 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that Accord would be a perfect parking enforcement vehicle.
Old 04-06-08, 03:13 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Not quite an Accord, but here in Hawaii since police can use their own private vehicle as a subsidized on duty police car, I have seen Acura TL's, Alitima's, many different SUVs, and lately I even see a couple pf new 07+ Infiniti G35S complete with aftermarket rims The Chrysler 300M seems to be popular now as well. I've also seen Camaro's running illegal 8000K HID headlights. We have them all

Quick Reply: Fake cop in Honda Accord police car pulls over real cop