Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Fake cop in Honda Accord police car pulls over real cop

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-09, 11:22 AM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats pretty funny.. at 70 years old he should be doing other things
Old 01-19-09, 11:29 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I wonder how much other people the 70 year old pulled over lol.
Old 01-19-09, 12:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaydee
lol 70 year old...seriously need a hobby or need to get a disease. Shouldn't run around doing stuff only a 17 year old would do
Nope...not quite. "17-year-old stuff" is not necessarily just for 17-year olds. Neither is "70-year-old stuff" just for 70-year-olds.
Old 01-19-09, 12:56 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember that show, "Get a Life"....
Old 01-19-09, 02:41 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Remember the saying, second childhood.
Old 01-19-09, 03:36 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I occasionally see fake CHP motorcycle cops on the freeways in LA. I think most of them just want to either a) have people get out of the way; or b) speed themselves.

One day, I caught up to one on the 5 freeway near downtown LA. Everyone else was afraid to pass him, and he was riding at about 55 mph. He was fully decked out in gear and equipment. When I got close enough, I realized he was a fakey and then sped past him. He proceeded to pull up next to me and act like he was talking on the CB radio (like he was calling it in). He even had an air horn and alternating flashing lights (which he then proceeded to use). Then he pointed like he wanted me to pull over.

Now that really pissed me off. I braked hard so that he would pass me, then I drove up and tailed his azz. I'm sure everyone driving around me was in shock. I was driving only a few feet behind him, honking and giving him the finger with my whole arm out the window and up in the air. He sped up to try and shake me, but he couldn't. I terrorized him for about 5 miles or so until I felt he learned his lesson.

All you fake pigs out there, don't even think about messing with me.

Last edited by pvmike1; 01-19-09 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-19-09, 05:18 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pvmike1
I occasionally see fake CHP motorcycle cops on the freeways in LA. I think most of them just want to either a) have people get out of the way; or b) speed themselves.

One day, I caught up to one on the 5 freeway near downtown LA. Everyone else was afraid to pass him, and he was riding at about 55 mph. He was fully decked out in gear and equipment. When I got close enough, I realized he was a fakey and then sped past him. He proceeded to pull up next to me and act like he was talking on the CB radio (like he was calling it in). He even had an air horn and alternating flashing lights (which he then proceeded to use). Then he pointed like he wanted me to pull over.

Now that really pissed me off. I braked hard so that he would pass me, then I drove up and tailed his azz. I'm sure everyone driving around me was in shock. I was driving only a few feet behind him, honking and giving him the finger with my whole arm out the window and up in the air. He sped up to try and shake me, but he couldn't. I terrorized him for about 5 miles or so until I felt he learned his lesson.

how did you know he was fake? Can you imagine the sh i* that you are in if he wasn't actually fake CHP?? you are a brave man.
Old 01-19-09, 05:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by STIG
how did you know he was fake? Can you imagine the sh i* that you are in if he wasn't actually fake CHP?? you are a brave man.
I've got to agree with STIG on this one, pvmike. You rolled the dice on that one.....big time.
Old 01-19-09, 06:31 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Regular license plate, no blue lights, no law enforcement agency logo/writing, etc. It was close, but not close enough.
Old 01-19-09, 07:03 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Regular license plate, no blue lights, no law enforcement agency logo/writing, etc. It was close, but not close enough.
Maybe it was one of those funeral "cops". I see them all the time on the freeway especially on the 605 around the Rose Hills cemetery. They ride a motorcycle and have a tan uniform, but no gun, no "Police" markings, no baton, and they don't have the red and blue lights.

If you really saw a fake cop then you should call 911 instead of messing with him and possibly causing an accident and taking a life/lives. You never know, it could be a predator searching for their next victim to rape/murder
Old 01-20-09, 05:06 AM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xioix
Monterey Park's Sti

I've seen the Sti's before
Omg Lmao, as if MP needed more po-RICE
Old 01-20-09, 05:07 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Ha Ha that was funny and sounds like something I would do myself.
Old 01-20-09, 03:01 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

back in my stupid high school days we retrofitted my accord with a siren and blue lights. Whenever we needed to pass someone at night we would flip on the siren and lights and they would pull over.

Good times. One cop made me smash the lights after he pulled me over.

they sell those old used CHP Kawasaki's at a local dealership, you can buy them without the markings but pretty much still intact, that is what you are seeing around LA.

I've also seen people buy used cop cars tear drop and all. One friend of mine drag raced his in Escondido, the cops would always give him a hard time, but there was nothing they could do, it was a legit car and there is no law about having a tear drop, only red and blue lights are illegal (as I found out).

Last edited by toy4two; 01-20-09 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 05:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by toy4two
they sell those old used CHP Kawasaki's at a local dealership, you can buy them without the markings but pretty much still intact, that is what you are seeing around LA.
CHPs ride Kawasakis? I don't live in CA, of course, but most of the police bikes I've seen have been big Harleys.

In fact, where I live, the local Harley bike dealer has a contract to service the county/city police bikes.
Old 01-20-09, 05:57 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I am not a law enforcement officer but my practice requires frequent communications with them.

Here in CA, I would be really surprised to see anyone who blatantly pretends to be a cop or a law enforcement officer out in the public. Not only is the law tough on those who impersonates a law enforcement officer, there are also way too many off duty cops here and there for anyone to risk such stupid act.

Fake cop or not, it's also ignorant to assume that a Honda Accord is not used by law enforcements. I have personally seen State issued late model Honda Accords for law enforcement officers.

That being said, I've heard news about some fake cop out in the West Covina area pulling over single female drivers to harass them. So be careful if you're in this area.

http://cbs2.com/local/West.Covina.Fake.2.899954.html

mmarshall: Many parts of CA have been using BMW bikes for a very long time. Harley bikes are pretty rare nowadays. According to a friend of mine who worked as a DA, apparently the contact with Harley was too expensive and alternatives had to be considered.

Jon

Last edited by Baby ///M3; 01-20-09 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Fake cop in Honda Accord police car pulls over real cop