Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bahrain Grand Prix.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-08, 11:33 PM
1995LS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bahrain Grand Prix.

Robert Kubica is on pole, wow! He did really good 2 weeks ago finishing 2nd in the Malaysian GP. Watch the race live at 5:00 A.M. MST. Or just set record on ur DVR and watch it when you get up.

BMW, what an impressive drive by Kubica, but I have to go for Ferrari again in this race. Felipe Massa won last year, the red-headed cars like the heat of the desert.
Old 04-06-08, 01:54 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1995LS400
the red-headed cars like the heat of the desert.
Bahrain is an island
Old 04-06-08, 02:00 AM
1995LS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AJ
Bahrain is an island
But they, the network (Speed Channel), keep on calling it the "desert" race of F1. I know that it is on an island, therefore the temps are not as hot as the Saudi Arabian desert. Its only 29 degrees Celsius, or 84 degrees Farenheit.
Old 04-06-08, 08:41 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,043 Likes on 2,449 Posts

Nice to see three Toyotas in the top ten. Now they need to finish better than 6th....
Old 04-06-08, 10:06 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Nice, I have had friends attend this event whom I knew when I was in college.
Old 04-06-08, 12:27 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Nice to see three Toyotas in the top ten. Now they need to finish better than 6th....
Agreed, but if even just Trulli finished 6th in every race, Toyota as a constructor team would do far better than they've ever done.

I'm sure Toyota and its fans would take a single win over any of that, though.
Old 04-06-08, 05:30 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

What's this crap I heard about speculations that Alonso could possibly be driving for Ferrari???? If that's the case, I'll stop rooting for Ferrari.
Old 04-06-08, 08:17 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gengar
Agreed, but if even just Trulli finished 6th in every race, Toyota as a constructor team would do far better than they've ever done.

I'm sure Toyota and its fans would take a single win over any of that, though.
1- 6th every race will only net you a grand total of 54 points. 2005 = 88 points and 4th behind Ferrari (even though they skipped a race)

2-Yes, a single win would really, really be a joy.
Old 04-06-08, 08:29 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

It was a good race from Toyota. Trulli was almost able to catch up to Kovalainen in the McLaren. Toyota is firmly the best team behind BMW, Ferrari, and McLaren. Depending on how fast Toyota improves during the season, they can achieve some podium finishes.

If Trulli finishes 6th every race it would be a good number of points, but not great. Also let's not forget Glock. He had a great race and it shows the car for him is improving. If both Trulli *and* Glock finish in the points every race, they can possibly achieve 70 or more points for the season.

Toyota has already improved a lot compared to last year, and it would be awesome to see them get a win, but I think it's extremely unlikely that they can improve the car that much to achieve a win this year.
Old 04-06-08, 08:45 PM
LexFather

So basically Toyota is midpack.....

They need to name it Lexus and then put Lexus's name out there. Lexus is there to win, I think they really would try HARDER.

We are not looking for marginal steps or improvements, we WANT WINS at this point!!!

Old 04-07-08, 07:36 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So basically Toyota is midpack.....

They need to name it Lexus and then put Lexus's name out there. Lexus is there to win, I think they really would try HARDER.

We are not looking for marginal steps or improvements, we WANT WINS at this point!!!
Don't forget that to win they would need to beat not just BMW, but both Ferrari and McLaren who have big budgets too and who have immense F1 experience compared to Toyota. Last year Toyota was not even midpack, this year they are firmly at the front of the midpack. The best we can realistically hope for is for them to get some podium finishes this year, and wins possibly next year.
Old 04-07-08, 11:53 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Don't forget that to win they would need to beat not just BMW, but both Ferrari and McLaren who have big budgets too and who have immense F1 experience compared to Toyota. Last year Toyota was not even midpack, this year they are firmly at the front of the midpack. The best we can realistically hope for is for them to get some podium finishes this year, and wins possibly next year.
I think last year they were midpack.... this year they lead, and solidly so too. Of note also is how much closer the midpack is to the front runners
Old 04-07-08, 12:30 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I allmost fell asleep during the race.
Not too much excitement.
Old 04-07-08, 01:08 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
1- 6th every race will only net you a grand total of 54 points. 2005 = 88 points and 4th behind Ferrari (even though they skipped a race)

2-Yes, a single win would really, really be a joy.
Ah right, the last few years have made me forget about 2005.