Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda reveals Sport Pack for new Accord Euro (Acura TSX)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-08, 10:16 PM
LexFather

Talking Honda reveals Sport Pack for new Accord Euro (Acura TSX)

Only a month after the official reveal of the new Accord Euro (Acura TSX) Honda has unveiled a new Sport Pack designed for both the sedan and Tourer wagon models. The new kit includes custom bumpers front and rear, a set of sporty side sills, a blacked-out grille, a discrete bootlid spoiler, integrated fog lights and new 18in alloy wheels.

The interior also gets several new appointments including a titanium finish on some of the dash elements and leather trim on the seats, steering wheel and gearstick. Other features include an optional satnav system, USB port for iPod connectivity and a power operated tailgate in the Tourer model.

The car’s mechanicals have been left untouched, which means 2.0L and 2.4L petrol engines or a new i-DTEC 2.2L clean-diesel. All three engines get a six-speed manual transmission as standard while the two petrol units get an optional five-speed automatic with steering wheel shift paddles.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...ew-accord-euro

Old 04-08-08, 10:29 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately it doesn't help the exterior looks much. This will likely be the A-Spec or Type-S package here in North America, appearance-wise.
Old 04-09-08, 04:34 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That kit's front looks like the IS-F.
Old 04-09-08, 04:55 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I like the Wagon, I don't know what it is but I have an obsession with wagons and coupes for some reason lol. Some of my friends and family don't understand how I have my SC but my daily is a Matrix ha ha.
Old 04-09-08, 06:38 AM
wmb
Rookie

I actually like both, but like the wagon a little bit more.
Old 04-09-08, 07:22 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Still an Accord...
Old 04-09-08, 10:44 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
I like the sedan design with that sport package.

Nice looking.

Too bad it's lacking power. Especially the high speed acceleration is a joke. Oh crap I must've been spoiled with my 6MT TL. This thing pull like monster.
I like that car. Any interior shots?

Too bad my LS will outpull the TL
Old 04-09-08, 11:46 AM
wmb
Rookie

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Still an Accord...
Your point being ?
Old 04-09-08, 11:50 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by wmb
Your point being ?
I think his point was that despite having a sports package, the accord still offers space, fuel economy, reliability, build quality, etc all in one package.

Most sports packages nowadays dont really add too much anyways. It's just little things here and there, mostly cosmetics.
Old 04-09-08, 11:55 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
I think his point was that despite having a sports package, the accord still offers space, fuel economy, reliability, build quality, etc all in one package.

Most sports packages nowadays dont really add too much anyways. It's just little things here and there, mostly cosmetics.
Or it could have been despite the fact it has all those added features it's still just a Honda unlike his Lexus IS350
Old 04-09-08, 12:44 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wmb
Your point being ?
There is no point.

That's why I wonder why Honda would do such a thing.

It's like having a Yaris and Yaris S...
Old 04-09-08, 01:27 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
There is no point.

That's why I wonder why Honda would do such a thing.

It's like having a Yaris and Yaris S...
Hahaha that's great.
Old 04-09-08, 01:47 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Although I am pretty underwelmed with the new TSX the 2009 TSX was in the top 10 searches for yahoo for a few days so there must be some buzz. Adding subtle body kits and tightening up the suspension may make the car a little more desireable but charging a couple thousand for just that is pretty lame. For a couple grand I want more horsepower and that is what Honda/Acura should do instead of just it being mainly cosmetic and the suspension being a little tighter with these expensive A spec model upgrades. The new TSX needs more power or at least an option for more power very soon not a couple years down the road. Where is the type S version? That is what many are waiting for.
Old 04-09-08, 01:49 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
That won't happen unless you got your LS turbocharged. You will need a car that is able to pull high 13's in the quarter to beat me. We ain't talkin' a TL AUTO version you're dealing with here. I don't see no high 13.x sec quarter mile on the LS430 stock. It's more like.. 15.3 sec.

You have a TL-S? Only they pull those #s stock and its still only mid-pack compared to its competition. The 335, IS350, and G35 all pull better numbers in a drag. I test drove all those cars in one afternoon and the TL-S is no-where near as powerful as the 335. IS350 was also very very impressive.
Old 04-09-08, 02:41 PM
LexFather

Guys, can we not bicker over cars not in this thread. We are talking about this car and this kit. I think it looks ridiculous, having such huge air dams with a puny I-4 with 201hp. The IS-F in contrast has a similar front end but over 200hp more, as it is FUNCTIONAL.
I was hoping bigger wheels would help but it has more wheel gap than Maximas. It needs a drop bad, then drop it into a well or cave.

Quick Reply: Honda reveals Sport Pack for new Accord Euro (Acura TSX)