Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Lexus Hybrid drawings

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 02:29 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
Doesn't Lexus already have hybrids out the wazoo? What's the point of this car?
Also it'll be Lexus' first hybrid-only model (i.e. a hybrid that's not based on an existing model)
Old 04-10-08, 04:35 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I understand that the Prius is designed with the best possible aerodynamics in mind to help fuel efficiency. The Lexus version, getting a "luxury" badge, however, should afford to trade a little bit of aerodynamics for a sleeker/sexier exterior shape. Something like the Honda FCX concept should be a nice compromise between aerodynamics and a reasonably good looking/sleek design. The rendering in the magazine above will definitely not do it for Lexus that's for sure.

I do like the idea of keeping the Prius affordable by leaving the Li-ion batteries only to Lexus hybrids though. Makes good economic sense to me.

I am with you, we didn't buy the Prius not because it did not have luxury features as it had Nav, back up Camera and push button start as well as leather, we did not buy it because it was UGLY! If they make the same as a Lexus, we would simply say No again, however, the L alone with a nice style would definetly sell my wife!
Old 04-10-08, 06:44 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
Doesn't Lexus already have hybrids out the wazoo? What's the point of this car?
You mean the grand total of THREE models. = "hybrids out the wazoo"
Old 04-10-08, 07:27 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JLSC4
You mean the grand total of THREE models. = "hybrids out the wazoo"
In comparison to other brands... heh.
Old 04-10-08, 07:39 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koma
In comparison to other brands... heh.
Yup, everyone else is just behind.
Old 04-11-08, 02:19 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

If the car looks anything like that drawing, it will be a big mistake. So many potential hybrid owners in general are not biting because the Prius is one of the most visually polarizing vehicles on 4 wheels. Why must fuel efficiency come in such an unappealing/polarizing package? I really hope Lexus plays it safe with this dedicated hybrid design. If they make it look anything like the IS or ES, they will have a big hit on their hands. However, if they simply make it an upscale Prius, they will be making a big mistake in my opinion.

I don't think Lexus owners care about making the "green statement" that Toyota designers think Prius owners want to make. They want luxury features in an upscale package with added fuel efficiency.

Please Lexus, don't give us a luxury car that looks like a cheese wedge with an "L" badge
Old 04-12-08, 10:13 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
If the car looks anything like that drawing, it will be a big mistake. So many potential hybrid owners in general are not biting because the Prius is one of the most visually polarizing vehicles on 4 wheels. Why must fuel efficiency come in such an unappealing/polarizing package? I really hope Lexus plays it safe with this dedicated hybrid design. If they make it look anything like the IS or ES, they will have a big hit on their hands. However, if they simply make it an upscale Prius, they will be making a big mistake in my opinion.

I don't think Lexus owners care about making the "green statement" that Toyota designers think Prius owners want to make. They want luxury features in an upscale package with added fuel efficiency.

Please Lexus, don't give us a luxury car that looks like a cheese wedge with an "L" badge
That is b/c research has shown people WANT polarizing hybrids and WANT to stand out against regular gas vehicles.

That is one of the reasons Lexus hybrids now have more hybrid badges and now have BLUE Lexus emblems. To show they are hybrids.

Odd? Maybe, but that is what people want. I will say I'm scared how this thing will look as a Lexus.

Old 04-12-08, 12:59 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is b/c research has shown people WANT polarizing hybrids and WANT to stand out against regular gas vehicles.
I think it's fine for them to stand out in a crowd, but at least make them stand out in a good way. Lexus should really stick to L-finesse for this dedicated hybrid. Make it stand out, but make it attractive as well.
Old 04-12-08, 05:07 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

a Lexus Prius would be AWESOME
Old 04-12-08, 08:22 PM
burton159
Driver

ugh !! LEXUS can do WAAAAAAAAAAY better than that lol so i dont think its gon look like that !!