Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Just got a speeding ticket :-(

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-08 | 02:05 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

you broke the law so suck it up and pay for the ticket.
Old 04-11-08 | 02:11 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

dude i got a 95+ and it came out to be $381 in van nuys, its not that bad.
Old 04-11-08 | 02:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by tuan92129
Actually, the law changed as of 1/01/2008.
going 20 MPH over the speed limit is a FELONY
You got off easy...
oh that's read, i remember read it before. so 85 and it's misdemeanor huh
Old 04-11-08 | 02:21 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Alright, I had to laugh at that one.

For real though dude, you cant expect the cop to ignore some car the blows by and not expect to get clocked/puled over.
...most of the time
(@ around 2:43)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTT1_JZp2Sg
Old 04-11-08 | 02:25 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

Well if you are going to stick out like a sore thumb... you should of been expecting a cop yo obviously see you going over 90 mph...I wouldn't call that desperate being pulled over going that fast but being pulled going 5mph or less over would be consider desperate... Government has got to make money someone its either this or more taxes...
Old 04-11-08 | 02:45 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

I feel your pain, I just came back from court 2day for a speeding ticket... Check this out, I was doing 42 in a 35 , HAHAHHAHA.... And they suspended my license because they screwed up my whole case.... I was in court for 3 hours and they never called my name... Luckily my school (UCF), has free legal services and the lawyer came down and said a few words to the Judge and I was clear to go!!!! You think cops in Cali have nothing better to do, well how about these PIG cops in Central Florida... They hide in bushes with their gay motorcycles and speed guns....
Old 04-11-08 | 03:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
I feel your pain, I just came back from court 2day for a speeding ticket... Check this out, I was doing 42 in a 35 , HAHAHHAHA.... And they suspended my license because they screwed up my whole case.... I was in court for 3 hours and they never called my name... Luckily my school (UCF), has free legal services and the lawyer came down and said a few words to the Judge and I was clear to go!!!! You think cops in Cali have nothing better to do, well how about these PIG cops in Central Florida... They hide in bushes with their gay motorcycles and speed guns....
42 in a 35 zone, dude, is a WHOLE lot different from 90 in a 65. A lot of places wouldn't even have written you up for only 7 MPH over the limit.
Old 04-11-08 | 04:48 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

CRY BABY, just pay the fine and move on!!!

Last November when I tried to see how fast my toy can go... it got cut off at 140~141 MPH.

As I was slowing down I got clocked at 135 MPH, I pull over and apologized to the officer and told him the resaon.

I ended up with a speeding ticket 24 miles over, still eligible for defense driving!!!

Sometime is good to be apologetic when caught!!!
Old 04-11-08 | 05:10 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

For those of you who don't know, lately in the bay area..these are cops sitting with radar guns everywhere now. Im not sure why..don't know if it's cause of the recession and they need more moolah or if they are bored or what? My view is they should be pulling people who are "really" speeding and out there investing their time in where the crime really is e.g. robberies, crimes of violent nature..not speeders..
Anyways, if i were you, I'd just pay the ticket and enroll myself in driving school (besides you can do it online now =) )
Old 04-11-08 | 05:33 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by slk_dds
CRY BABY, just pay the fine and move on!!!

Last November when I tried to see how fast my toy can go... it got cut off at 140~141 MPH.

As I was slowing down I got clocked at 135 MPH, I pull over and apologized to the officer and told him the resaon.

I ended up with a speeding ticket 24 miles over, still eligible for defense driving!!!

Sometime is good to be apologetic when caught!!!
135? Geez, here in Maryland that would have gotten you a free ride to the police station. Not to mention probably the loss of your license.
Old 04-11-08 | 06:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by MD350
135? Geez, here in Maryland that would have gotten you a free ride to the police station. Not to mention probably the loss of your license.
technically that's the case here in CA as well. but in the end it depends if the cop is nice
Old 04-11-08 | 06:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverSprt
For those of you who don't know, lately in the bay area..these are cops sitting with radar guns everywhere now. Im not sure why..don't know if it's cause of the recession and they need more moolah or if they are bored or what? My view is they should be pulling people who are "really" speeding and out there investing their time in where the crime really is e.g. robberies, crimes of violent nature..not speeders..

Two things. First, don't blame it on the recession......speeding is speeding, no matter how the economy is doing. Those laws don't change with the stock market or GNP. Second, as far as "violent" crimes go, if you have a wreck, and kill yourself or someone else because you were speeding, I'd say that's pretty violent. You (or someone else) will be just as dead as if a gang member did it.
Old 04-11-08 | 07:15 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mEx_lEx
...most of the time
(@ around 2:43)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTT1_JZp2Sg
If you were going 70 in a 55 in my hometown you could expect a roadblock...

And if you pulled over before you made it to something like that, all the cops would be behind you. Sometimes up to 3 or 4 cops behind one vehicle
Old 04-11-08 | 09:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverSprt
For those of you who don't know, lately in the bay area..these are cops sitting with radar guns everywhere now. Im not sure why..don't know if it's cause of the recession and they need more moolah or if they are bored or what?
Cops on duty have to be somewhere, so since the state has a HUGE deficit, I bet the rationale is if there's no crime being reported, they might as well hang out catching speeders for any revenue.
Old 04-11-08 | 09:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

speed28 - you should change your CL name to speed28overgotaticketokthxbye.

Quick Reply: Just got a speeding ticket :-(