Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What Should I Do About This M5? What Would You Do?
TX... OMG! WTF are you waiting for? Jump all on that!!
41.67%
If White is what you REALLY want, be patient it'll come.
27.08%
Are you sure you don't want to spring for a GT-R?
22.92%
Keep Your 7 And Go for something in the $40k range.
8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions If You Please: This M5 or Hold Off For White One?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08, 01:04 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Opinions If You Please: This M5 or Hold Off For White One?

As some of you may know, I've been seriously considering a White e65 M and still am..., However... I came across this immaculate 500hp fire-breathing V10 with $40k of upgrades: Wheels, Sound, Performance! Originally well over 6 figgies now listed at mid-60's! Looks and sounds like the owner kept it like I keep my rides... pristine!
The thing is i have VERY specific requirements for a White M5: White, Saddle or Red leather, full suede interior, active-seats, HUD, bluetooth to name a few. Where as this sexy b1tch although black will keep my *** busy in the garage with micro-fiber towels, wax... you get the picture.

Simply VICIOUS...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...RCHQ3aUSQ3a101

And the mileage is outstanding!

If you’re looking for a true one of a Kind Vehicle that combines, Elegance, Luxury, Explosiveness, Performance, Handling, Comfort, Spaciousness and Attention, than search no further because you’ve found what you wanted and more. In all actuality there is no way to explain this one of a kind Bmw M5 into words, but allow me to do my best. You are looking at a stunning 2006 Bmw M5 that was special ordered to be fully loaded with all factory options. After the car was received, over $40,000 of the finest accessories in the market were installed on this incredible M5. The Unique and Elegant Brand name accessories that were chosen for this Bmw are all superior and the absolute best in there respected fields. All of these top of the line extras were installed with precision and quality at a Bmw certified auto boutique. I will try my best to explain some of the custom accessories that were installed on this unique one of a kind M5: Black 3 piece 20 inch GFG rims with an offset deep chrome Lip, wrapped in Pirelli P Zero Nero Tires, Cost of Rims and Tires was $11,000. Now for the astonishing, top notch custom sound system that will leave you completely breathless, due to appearance, setup and sound quality. The door panels were all professionally customized and stitched to house four top quality JL audio speakers; Black bmw leather was ordered and used to match the door panels perfectly. There is a total of eight JL audio speakers in the car, that arguably put out the best sound quality you can acquire from any speaker on the market. Now for the Jaw dropping set up in the trunk, the trunk of this M5 looks gorgeous, the two ten inch JL audio w7’s are cradled perfectly on the side and the two Audison Amps are mounted beautifully in the back. The entire trunk is wrapped in Black BMW suede to match the suede headliner inside the car perfectly. This sound system does NOT rattle or put out loose low quality sound. It puts out Tight, clean, high quality crispy sound. $18,000 was spent on the incredible sound system. Now for the Exhaust system that will easily out scream a Ferrari or Lambo, if you don’t believe me feel free to come listen for yourself. The German Eisenhaus Race Exhaust system, without a doubt the best Exhaust you can put on an M5. I wish there was a way you could listen to how amazing it sounds. Inside and outside this Vehicle puts out the highest quality sounds, and it sounds absolutely incredible. $5,600 was spent on the Exhaust system. Now for the Aerodynamics, A Hamann suspension lowering kit with progressive-action suspension springs was used for lowering the body. This gave the M5 a sharper and cleaner look, and also with the fine engineering and precision that Hamann put into the kit, the car drives and handles much nicer. $6,000 was spent on the Hamann suspension. All the extras on this car add to the elegance of the M5 and enhance it to be one of the sportiest but classiest cars around. Now about the Vehicle, It’s a 2006 Fully loaded Bmw M5, with Only 10k miles. The condition of the vehicle is immaculate, interior and exterior, it’s completely in brand new showroom shape. This vehicle is a One Owner CARFAX certified car, with no past issues at all. This vehicle is still under the transferable full bumper to bumper factory warranty. The vehicle was Just Serviced and Inspected at Bmw, it received a full service all the way from Oil change to new windshield wipers; it’s 100% perfect and ready to eat the streets. As I stated the car is fully loaded, some of the options include: Heads up Display, Heated seats, Dual Air-condition, The plush Suede headliner and Side pillars which are a part of the Alcantara leather package which completely wraps the whole interior in leather and suede: the dash board, the console,the doors pannels, it's a $4,500 option and its worth every cent, it truly takes the interior to another level of luxury. The M5 is also equipped with Parking sensors, Bluetooth, On-board navigation, Comfort access system, SMG transmission and much more. This vehicle is in a class of its own when it comes to performance and luxury. This car is truly a fast machine having a 5.0L 500hp DOHC 40-valve Valvetronic V-10 engine and 7 speed sequential manual SMG gearbox. The handling and precision on this vehicle will leave you speechless . How many vehicles do you know of that are able to leave other two door sport supercars in the dust but also have as much luxury and space as any luxury sedan on the market ? Words truly don’t do this M5 Justice; it’s truly a one of a kind vehicle that is dripping with Elegance and Sportiness. With only 10k miles!! The vehicle is in absolute immaculate condition with no flaws to be found. I am in love with this car and it’s extremely painful to sell, but I must sell due to bad financial reasons. Over $140,000 was the total cost of this immaculate vehicle, and the vehicle is still in the same shape as it was brandnew, but for almost half the price. Why get a normal M5 when you will be sure to enjoy this One of a Kind M5 a lot more.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 04-18-08 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-18-08, 01:20 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

hmm i think only u can answer the ultimate question when it comes down to colour preference

but that does seem like a good deal
very tempting
i think it would be hard to find such a white M5
blue is a much more popular colour for M5s
Old 04-18-08, 01:21 AM
stvn
Pole Position

if it were me i would spring for the GTR. But if you are going to sell your 7 series (i assume) and still want a luxurious yet sporty ride that m5 looks very nice. If you REALLY want white i would wait for one, instead of regretting your decision later on.
Old 04-18-08, 02:04 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

if u want to still be pampered in ur sports car then you should probably go for M5 instead of GTR
GTR doesnt have a great interior
Old 04-18-08, 02:36 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say get this car. The GTR has nothing on this car. As for the not being white problem, I can't help you there that is your choice. But, like you when I was only buying used cars all I could get was white and I wanted a black car soooo bad, I eventually got my black car but only after started buying new.
Old 04-18-08, 02:38 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

part of used car shopping is not caring what color the car is
Old 04-18-08, 04:38 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
As some of you may know, I've been seriously considering a White e65 M and still am...,
an E6...wha? i'd get it, ditch the wheels and wood. piano black's where it's at
Old 04-18-08, 05:35 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Hard to say without seeing what the white M5 looks like in comparison. And why do u want to buy a car on ebay?

This car is too dark for my liking but black would be my choice for sure.

What's with the rear seats, soo ordinary or what
Old 04-18-08, 05:47 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The price is too good to be true. Stock 2006 E60 M5's go for that price.. I would fly down to Florida to see that car in person. Possible scam??

If all is good, hell yes you should cop it.
Old 04-18-08, 05:57 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

It does seems like a really good deal, but you should really see the car yourself just to make sure it is not a scam.....but it does seem like a good deal and the upgrades are just killing....very nice
Old 04-18-08, 06:11 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm a big fan of white bimmers so I say wait for a white one!

Hotness

Old 04-18-08, 06:25 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeh but white makes it look too plain.
Old 04-18-08, 07:24 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

That guys has good taste in audio I bet it sounds awesome!
Old 04-18-08, 08:01 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would get it.

Then I would custom paint it an extra-pearly white.
Old 04-18-08, 08:08 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks guys... I asked for your opinions but... mama didn't raise no fool!
I've purchased several pre-owned cars (some I never even mention) and I l o v e the deals one can find if you're patient and diligent. And quite frankly, this "deal" isn't too good to be true whatsoever. A deal, yes, but I've already passed up on a opportunity to acquire a silver 06' M5 w/ 14k miles on it for $52k locally at that! I saw and drove the car, but this car in silver is waaaaaaaay too plain I don't care how you try and dress it up. In fact when I began shopping for my pre-owned 7 (eventually located in Jersey, so distance ain't a issue) I decided that White or Black were my only choices. To me BMW looks best in these colors no matter the model. That's just me. The ONLY thing I fret is going back to slaving in my garage to keep here and nice and shiny all the time like I like. M5's and other high-end luxury cars can be found for all kinds of deals/steals though! My boy just picked up a bad@ss 06' CLS55 for himself and a 06' ML500 for his girl both under 20k miles for @ $100k!
Don't sleep on the "search" boys and girls... Deals are always out there to be had.
back on topic... I have a relative in the area who i trust and can give me the full scoop on this ride. I will as always... keep you posted.

Quick Reply: Opinions If You Please: This M5 or Hold Off For White One?