Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Beijing 2008: Buick Invicta Concept (Next Generation LaCrosse)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 01:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
That's your assumption...looking at the 3 car Buick lineup today, it's both unimpressive and boring, with no avant garde styling, old school 3 box styling, and just screams "look at how retired i am". Even Buick advertising seems more catered to the AARP crowd then your run of the mill baby-boomer. I would only drive one if it was a rental. JMHO....
Several things, friend.

First, many Baby-Boomers are PART of AARP now.

Second, 3-box styling often means space efficiency, with tall people not having to practically lie down to clear the roofline.

Third, the thread-topic (the Buick Invicta) is anything BUT 3-box styling. Look at that low, humpack-whale roof.

Fourth, I'll bet you probably wish you WERE retired....it sure beats the daily rat-race.

And, Fifth, the term "rental" really means little or nothing. These days, you can rent Dodge Vipers if you go to the right company. A friend of mine once worked for a company that rented exotic sport cars.
Old 04-22-08, 07:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so why the heck isnt this coming to america. I dont get whats going on with some companies, they have pretty crappy vehicles for USDM then you look what they have overseas and you're thinking why the heck isnt this in the US
Maybe for similar reasons as to why Toyota doesn't bring many of its models from Japan to the U.S. ... priorities, costs, bandwidth, strategy, market differences, etc., etc.
Old 04-22-08, 10:08 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Several things, friend.

First, many Baby-Boomers are PART of AARP now.

Second, 3-box styling often means space efficiency, with tall people not having to practically lie down to clear the roofline.

Third, the thread-topic (the Buick Invicta) is anything BUT 3-box styling. Look at that low, humpack-whale roof.

Fourth, I'll bet you probably wish you WERE retired....it sure beats the daily rat-race.

And, Fifth, the term "rental" really means little or nothing. These days, you can rent Dodge Vipers if you go to the right company. A friend of mine once worked for a company that rented exotic sport cars.

Whoah, don't throw a head gasket grandpa, that was just my opinion... and the car mentioned in this thread is not going to America, "bro" (hint: that's vernacular for friend to young folks like me). What i mentioned and you cited is about America's Buick lineup, which is pathetic and different from China (which you still have no clue about but cite otherwise). I apologize if I offended you and your geriatric buddies, but I'm happy what I'm doing...traveling, having fun, and earning a living not living in the 70's and pretending otherwise.

p.s. if you want to get into more personal insults, you're welcome to PM me anytime....

Last edited by ST430; 04-22-08 at 10:17 PM.