Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Florida bans Truck Nutz (our lawmakers hard at work!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 06:22 AM
LexFather

Talking Florida bans Truck Nutz (our lawmakers hard at work!!!)

The Florida Senate on Thursday passed an amendment to impose a $60 fine on Truck Nutz, one brand name for the novelty item on vehicle trailer hitches that resemble the dangling southern end of a northbound bull.

The proposal would make displaying bull genitalia reproductions on a vehicle subject to a $60 fine, moving violations and points against a driver license.

The penalties were proposed by Sen. Carey Baker, R-Eustis.

Sen. Jim King, R-Jacksonville, said he had a set on one of his vehicles, which he described as "all pimped out." They are no more than "an expression of truckliness," he said, although he'd acceded to his wife's request to take them off.

"I find it shocking we'd tell people with metallic ********* on their bumpers that this is a violation," said Sen. Steve Geller, D-Hallandale. "There's got to be better things for us to spend time debating."

Geller suggested this ban might be followed by prohibiting silhouettes of nude women on truck mud flaps.

"We're basically going to have the bumper police," King said.

"All their concerns are legitimate," Baker said of the critics. "And I do have more important things to do this session. But I think this is important, too."

The transportation bill was debated Thursday, and a vote is expected next week. The House version, however, doesn't include the prohibition.

http://floridacapitalnews.com/apps/p...NEWS/804180359

Old 04-22-08, 07:24 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I know you'll probably disagree with me on this one. SICK, but I have to go with the legislature on this one. Personally, I can think of lots more constructive ways to use a vehicle than to hang bull n**s or nude bodies on them.
Old 04-22-08, 07:32 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LADY that invented or created these things live just outside of my neighborhood and I remember seeing her MASSIVE F-350 with the nuts on them when they were under R&D. I heard her on Maxim Radio a few months back and she's totally cool. I'm all for them... I think they are tacky as hell and would never put them on anything I own, but the people that pass these kinds of laws are the same people that want to ban baggy pants. They are the ones that don't want to explain anything to their kids and would rather let them "figure it out on their own." I think this is one of those laws that won't really be enforced too much... I think the Troopers that are designated to patrol the highways of Florida will let this one slide...

Safety > Tacky Truck Nuts

Old 04-22-08, 07:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage3
I'm all for them... I think they are tacky as hell and would never put them on anything I own, but the people that pass these kinds of laws are the same people that want to ban baggy pants. They are the ones that don't want to explain anything to their kids and would rather let them "figure it out on their own." I think this is one of those laws that won't really be enforced too much... I think the Troopers that are designated to patrol the highways of Florida will let this one slide...
I'll respect your opinion, though using a vehicle that way, to me, is ludicrous. I do agree with you that it will be a difficult law to enforce, just like driving while using cell phones.
Old 04-22-08, 07:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In honor of this new law, I will put a car bra on my Camry with nipples on it...
Old 04-22-08, 08:19 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
In honor of this new law, I will put a car bra on my Camry with nipples on it...
Please post pictures
Old 04-22-08, 08:23 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear there have been reports of militant groups of lesbians going round removing these with bolt cutters. Some sort of initiation ceremony no doubt.
Old 04-22-08, 08:27 AM
MotoSC
Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
PICS!!!!! Nipples ftw.
Old 04-22-08, 08:47 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

the metal ones arent as weird and gross as the ones that are made out of some flesh like material and swing all over the place lol...those things are nasty.
Old 04-22-08, 08:53 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can think of lots more constructive ways our government could spend their time and our money…………

Maybe they should make underwear for all animals so no one will see their “parts” as well?
Old 04-22-08, 10:07 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

Ludicrous waste of lawmakers time.

Sen. Carey Baker is from Eustis. You sure that's not "Useless"? Actually I just looked up the location and he's not that far from me...

I think we should all send him an e-mail, at: carey@careybaker.us

http://www.careybaker.us/index.html

As the article says though, this isn't law yet...
The transportation bill was debated Thursday, and a vote is expected next week. The House version, however, doesn't include the prohibition.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 04-22-08 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-22-08, 10:12 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys, who wants to jump on the train to fascism with me? Say goodbye to self expression, say goodbye to personal responsibility, say goodbye to what it means to be an American.

These ****** in power are slowly picking away at your rights.........
Old 04-22-08, 10:12 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

While I don't really care what people do with their own car, I still can't imagine any guy wanting to put these things on his own car. As a guy, I find the male body and its parts disgusting. I can find no beauty in a males genitals. I'll protect my own to the fullest though.
Old 04-22-08, 10:17 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Should the truck nutz issue have a poll (a just a yes or no choice)?
Old 04-22-08, 10:58 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those who hang ***** on their cars certainly lack taste but those who brought this amendment lack brain and common sense

Quick Reply: Florida bans Truck Nutz (our lawmakers hard at work!!!)