Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lawyer gives cop parking tickets

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-08, 09:09 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Bryant told the weekly paper that when he asked Stensgaard about his car, the officer asked Bryant, "If someone broke into your house, would you rather have the police be able to park in front of your house or have to park three blocks away and walk there?"
Well looking at the statement again, the officer see this as an emergency food run. Or the officer in his mind is in emergency mode at all times on duty.
Old 04-23-08, 09:16 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Re: Cops and donuts -

Something I guess I'd never thought about - my daughter clerked in a convenience store for a few years and they always had free coffee and donuts out for the cops and wrecker drivers along the freeway. The store owners considered it insurance, since the neighborhood was pretty rough, to have cops and other late night workers in and out of the store through the graveyard shift made both the customers and the duty clerk a lot safer.

It wasn't so much the cops being lured to the free pastry, but the c-stores purposefully baiting them in as unpaid security. Hey, it worked - my daughter got held up twice in two years - both times in broad daylight by people she recognized from the neighborhood. Naturally, no one in management really considered a daylight robbery, but if you are well protected at night, some bozos will just rob you during the middle of the day with plenty of witnesses around. Nobody ever accused these guys of being master criminals.