Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti FX reviews

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-08, 09:26 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infiniti FX reviews

Too many reviews to paste. Here are links but most put 0-60 performance in the in low 5's and 1/4 mile at 13.5. Controversial styling, but one thing which isn't controversial. It's fast.

Motive: FX vs. Cayenne
http://www.motivemag.com/pub/feature...ayenne_S.shtml

Car&Driver
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

Motor Trend
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._infiniti_fx50

Edmunds
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*
Old 04-23-08, 09:45 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't realize that the FX had a 7 speed. Great news for Infiniti with this new V8...390hp/369lb-ft of torque and 7 gears to snap through.

Nice!

Too bad the FX is an abomination in person.
Old 04-23-08, 09:57 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait a minute so Infinite is coming out with a 390hp V8 7 speed.
Old 04-23-08, 10:18 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

And yet still no flagship thats part of why there not doing so well.
Old 04-23-08, 10:31 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

I can't wait for this powertrain to be used in the new M50...that thing is going to do 4.8 to 60 and trap at 107mph. It will literally be like the last gen M5!
Old 04-23-08, 10:40 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I can't wait for this powertrain to be used in the new M50...that thing is going to do 4.8 to 60 and trap at 107mph. It will literally be like the last gen M5!
It seems Infiniti is going straight at BMW instead of Lexus. Now I've heard that they are building a M3 and F fighter.
Old 04-23-08, 11:01 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Shawnmack
It seems Infiniti is going straight at BMW instead of Lexus. Now I've heard that they are building a M3 and F fighter.
I haven't head anything like that at all. I am hearing compact below the G35 is coming. Also the 7 speed and new 3.7 and a better interior will be availalble to those in Europe off the bat while their BIGGEST market, America, gets the old stuff and interiors that are not as good.

I don't understand why they would do that to America.

390hp 5.0 V-8= fast. A no brainer.

Old 04-23-08, 11:10 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
With the sinking dollar I think there might be more profit opportunity elsewhere because the U.S. market can't absorb what car makers WANT to charge for cars given the sucky exchange rate.
Old 04-23-08, 01:11 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

it's fast...

but also butt ugly...
Old 04-23-08, 01:21 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whoster
it's fast...

but also butt ugly...
So are the Cayenne and BMW X6 by that measure.
Old 04-23-08, 01:45 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Fast AND thirsty. It's an interesting time to be coming out with a high perf V8 SUV.

With $4.00+ per gal premium unleaded, BMW and Porsche with their image/following can do it, not so sure about Infiniti.
Old 04-23-08, 02:12 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Fast AND thirsty. It's an interesting time to be coming out with a high perf V8 SUV.

With $4.00+ per gal premium unleaded, BMW and Porsche with their image/following can do it, not so sure about Infiniti.
Agreed. Amazingly the RX400h sells as well as 2 versions of the FX. I just don't see how a small, thirsty SUV with hardly any utility is going to sell.

I expect EX sales to plummet as well.

BOth their saving graces are the usual Infinti lease deals.

10 years ago, this would have been a huge hit, even 8-5 years ago.

Today, I dunno.

These SUV things sell like coupes, on style. They sell well the first year and sales plummet afterward.

Whats amazing is the interior seems 3 times better than the last model and it has more tech than ever. Add a new engine/tranny and it offers A LOT.

Thing is it offers A LOT to hardly anyone.

Old 04-23-08, 03:32 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I haven't head anything like that at all. I am hearing compact below the G35 is coming. Also the 7 speed and new 3.7 and a better interior will be availalble to those in Europe off the bat while their BIGGEST market, America, gets the old stuff and interiors that are not as good.

390hp 5.0 V-8= fast. A no brainer.
Not sure where you got your info from, but all of the new Infiniti's in the American market have the same exact interior as those being sold in Europe.

You are correct about the 7-speed and 3.7 though.

As far as sales, I wouldn't be surpriced to see this FX50 do better than the X6 & Cayenne. But then again, if I recall, the X6 and Cayenne aren't doing that well either in terms of sales.

Old 04-23-08, 03:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by skater
Not sure where you got your info from, but all of the new Infiniti's in the American market have the same exact interior as those being sold in Europe.

You are correct about the 7-speed and 3.7 though.

As far as sales, I wouldn't be surpriced to see this FX50 do better than the X6 & Cayenne. But then again, if I recall, the X6 and Cayenne aren't doing that well either in terms of sales.

Thats why I am a car guy (and my magazine budget is off the charts lol)

ALL Infiniti's in Europe debut with the 3.7, the 7 speed and upgraded interiors (EX/FX/G). This was stated in press releases and in CAR magazine 2 months ago when they interviewd Infiniti execs in Europe and tested the G37 coupe. They stated they will get upgraded interiors just for Europe.

The NEXT month, an Infiniti owner from LA, wrote CAR and got his article printed!! He was pissed that Infiniti blows over America, which is the only market they have had any success in, to impress Europe.

As for sales, I wish car makers would break down sales by model and designation, not bunch them all together.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-23-08 at 03:52 PM.

Old 04-23-08, 06:09 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

So Infiniti's fastest most powerful model is an overweight SUV. Makes no sense. Why anybody needs or really wants a clunky overweight SUV that does 0-60 in 5-5.2 seconds and has hp only for performance and not hauling is beyond me. I still don't underestand this silly SUV craze so many consumers and car makers have these days especially the obsession with them being as big and heavy as possible or having a ton of hp and being really fast. I would much rather see that 390hp engine put into a much lighter sports coupe, sports car, or sports sedan instead of some silly overweight SUV. This thing is going to get absolutely horrid real world gas mileage and will be about as useful as **** on a bull. I am hoping this SUV craze and auto companies putting their best resources into overweight SUVs while putting much less effort and resources into their cars cars ends soon.

Quick Reply: Infiniti FX reviews