Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus IS-F or BMW M3

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-08, 12:24 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBull
The coolness factor of a M3 is waaay better than that of a IS-F.
You forgot to add a "IMO" before your sentence.

In all honesty, I'd have a hard time deciding between the IS-F, C63 and M3.
Old 04-25-08, 01:04 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

M3 is more of a driver's car, get that if you are into "driving"...and if you only want two doors. If you want to cruise in luxury and want to make a BIG statement every now and then, get the IS-F. The two extra doors will be practical at times i'me sure. Speaking of four doors, you cannot think about the c63 AMG.
Old 04-25-08, 01:13 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you like them equally or does price influence you?

Personally I'd go for the M3.
Old 04-25-08, 07:58 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

M3 coupe for me , but I would have picked IS-F over M3 sedan.
Old 04-25-08, 08:26 AM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ldc
M3 is more of a driver's car, get that if you are into "driving"...and if you only want two doors. If you want to cruise in luxury and want to make a BIG statement every now and then, get the IS-F. The two extra doors will be practical at times i'me sure. Speaking of four doors, you cannot think about the c63 AMG.
what's the matter with the new C63? It's an unbelievable car and the fastest too! Sounds like a monster and looks stunning!
Old 04-25-08, 08:44 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

it is such a hard decision, I do like the IS-F a lot, but it is hard to pass on a M3 coupe, I agree i will pick the IS-F over a M3 sedan. Has anyone seen a SGM IS-F on the street yet how does it look?
Old 04-25-08, 10:04 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

The C63 doesn't come out till August I have heard. So I would hold off on that comparo for now. The IMO part should just be given anytime someone says what they think about a car. Why would anyone assume it is facts? Anyway, The price is a little higher but if you have driven a Lexus for awhile and never owned a Bimmer then I say give it a try. If you don't like it then just think, "Well, it won't be the last car I own so..."

I actually put a deposit on a M3 sedan but backed off and got the 335i coupe. I got it for 47 or so. Once you Dinan flash or Procede chip the 335i it actually pulls harder in a straight line than the M3 due to the torque. Still, the M3 has a lot of cool gizmos that the IS-F doesn't. It has adjustable suspension, throttle control, traction control and steering feel. You can completely customize the ride in that car. There is a button on the inside that folds back your mirrors after you park the car. There is also a reebok pump feature for the seat bolsters. You can tighten it up or loosen it for freeway cruising. It also actually has 3 pedals! These things all change the driving experience quite a bit. Drive the M3 again and try all that out.

Another thing: I see the comments "If you want a drivers car get a Bimmer" well anyone buying a 60k performance car should be into the driving experience I would think.
Old 04-25-08, 10:40 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SilverBull
The C63 doesn't come out till August I have heard. So I would hold off on that comparo for now.
Actually, there are several members on MBWorld.com who have taken delivery of their C63s.
Old 04-25-08, 10:47 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Uhh, I don't know which one I would choose..
Old 04-25-08, 11:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Actually, there are several members on MBWorld.com who have taken delivery of their C63s.
yeah although very slowly i heard there are already several of them out

but i haven't been able to confirm, are they those registered cars, meaning not on mfr plate?
Old 04-25-08, 12:26 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah although very slowly i heard there are already several of them out

but i haven't been able to confirm, are they those registered cars, meaning not on mfr plate?
Yes, these are production vehicles...not manufacturer testers.

Personally, I'd wait for the '09 model since keyless go and the P30 performance package are not available as options on the '08.
Old 04-25-08, 04:03 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

alright here is the thing, I just got back from a Benz dealer and they told me that there is absolutely NO DISCOUNT on the new C63 AMG, not even a penny.....what is going on I can not believe that, even with a M3 or IS-F there is about 1k-2k of rooms to work around. I mean is that true or that sales person is just F*&# with me......
Old 04-25-08, 04:50 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kyang91
alright here is the thing, I just got back from a Benz dealer and they told me that there is absolutely NO DISCOUNT on the new C63 AMG, not even a penny.....what is going on I can not believe that, even with a M3 or IS-F there is about 1k-2k of rooms to work around. I mean is that true or that sales person is just F*&# with me......
Think your self lucky, with the way the dollar is at the moment the C63 works out to $110K with options ,BMW is slightly cheaper and the IS-F is about $92K over here, And there is no discount here either. I personaly think the car were released with a low price tag and they have no room for discount due to the dollar, but that is just my opinion.
Old 04-25-08, 04:55 PM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Yes, these are production vehicles...not manufacturer testers.

Personally, I'd wait for the '09 model since keyless go and the P30 performance package are not available as options on the '08.
that is exactly what I'm waiting for!!! You have fantastic choices in cars
Old 04-25-08, 05:10 PM
MrBruin09
Instructor

Originally Posted by kyang91

99.99% of the C63's are pre sold already, and the one's that aren't dealers are going to sell them at sticker price..that is why there is no discount yet..you have to wait 6-8 months before the 09 C63's come out to get a discount on a 08. No one is going to discount a brand new car..especially considering Mercedes isn't releasing a ton of them yet.

If you want a C63 just be patient and wait..if you want a car right now and have to pick between the M3 or Is-F go with the M3..it is more of a drivers car..but to be honest with you..you can't go wrong with either of these cars..they each have their strengths and weaknesses! good luck

here is someone who got their C63

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241590

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F or BMW M3