Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Randy Moss starts NASCAR team

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-08, 01:34 PM
WALDIS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Randy Moss starts NASCAR team

America's two most popular spectator sports – football and stock-car racing – are about to cross paths as the New England Patriots' star wide receiver Randy Moss has announced plans to launch his own NASCAR team. Perhaps after losing Super Bowl XLII to the New York Giants back in January, Moss is really starting to think about what to do with his time after this whole football thing runs its course.

His new team named Moss Motorsports will begin competing at select races in this year's Craftsman Truck series in preparation for a full-on assault in the 2009 season at the same level. Details like drivers, sponsors and an engine supplier have yet to be announced, but Moss, who has long been involved with urban youth programs, plans to incorporate his racing team into his social projects.

source: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/30/n...s-nascar-team/

Last edited by WALDIS350; 04-30-08 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-01-08, 12:21 AM
drink300
Lexus Champion

Meh....I don't know how much success he'll have. It's so hard to start a NASCAR team these days, unless you have serious cash, really good drivers, crews, and you cheat a little. It's a very complex process. Mr. Moss would have made a better investment opening a string of car dealerships.
Old 05-01-08, 05:06 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard that he's always love truck racing and probably even more than football.
Old 05-01-08, 08:35 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

This is a very interesting statement, I really would like to see what he can do with it.
Old 05-01-08, 03:16 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I just hope he has the funds to back it up... Even for the Millions he's making, it still might not be enough... Like was stated previously, if he's got the right crew, the right driver, the right sponsors, MAYBE it might work... but otherwise... it's a really big and really expensive risk... I wish him the best though...