Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Need Advice on ordering the BMW M3 Coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-08 | 10:09 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Question Need Advice on ordering the BMW M3 Coupe.

Hey guys,
I hope I can get some advice for all of you, I am thinking of ordering a new BMW M3 Coupe in the next month or so, I am just wondering if there is anyone on CL that got any kind of discount and how much did you get? The one that I am thinking of ordering is about $76xxx after tax. I personally is not a very good negotiator interns of cars, can anyone give me some feedback?

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!!!

KY
Old 05-05-08 | 10:29 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Discounts on the M3 Coupe?

I think most dealerships are adding premiums to the cars, especially the coupe. As for the sedan, I think they are selling at sticker price (without tax, title, or license fees...).
Old 05-05-08 | 10:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i know someone who ordered his m3. msrp.
Old 05-05-08 | 10:40 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

I wonder if it's possible to save a bunch of money with the European delivery program, or if those programs are marking them up relatively the same as well?
Old 05-05-08 | 10:47 AM
cal_alum98
Lead Lap

IIRC, there is no European Delivery program for M cars. You could probably arrange to take delivery at Munich, but you'll have to ship it back yourself and there won't be any discount since all M cars come from the dealer's allocation.
Old 05-05-08 | 10:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Threxx
I wonder if it's possible to save a bunch of money with the European delivery program, or if those programs are marking them up relatively the same as well?
yeah i forgot the details but i don't think it applies to m
Old 05-05-08 | 10:53 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

I am curious.... Where do some of you come up with the idea of markups?? If you ever went through the BMW buying experience, the price of the vehicle of your choice is "as built". Now, one can get a discount on a BMW if you are a preferred customer (previous or current owner of another BMW). If you were in NYC, I could refer you to my sales person at Rallye BMW.. Good luck op..
Old 05-05-08 | 11:03 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I know a couple of salespeople In this area that would probably give you a new M3 coupe at or close to list...........but don't look for any significant discounts.

You'd also have to drive it back to IN at $4.00 a gallon premium gas....not a very good deal.
Old 05-05-08 | 11:10 AM
08mica
Pole Position

^^^^^^^^^^Not a good deal, but a fun way to spend a weekend in a new M3.
Old 05-05-08 | 11:24 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

if you find one at showroom, most likely they will do a markup of $10,000 for the M3..

your best bet is to order one, but at least there will be no markup.. you just have to wait 2-3 months..
Old 05-05-08 | 11:31 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I am curious.... Where do some of you come up with the idea of markups?? If you ever went through the BMW buying experience, the price of the vehicle of your choice is "as built". Now, one can get a discount on a BMW if you are a preferred customer (previous or current owner of another BMW). If you were in NYC, I could refer you to my sales person at Rallye BMW.. Good luck op..
Your enthusiasm should have YOU work for BMW.
People stating markups here
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216422

There are reports of people getting at MSRP too, but there ARE some dealers marking up.

http://stage.bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=833
Old 05-05-08 | 11:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

actually i believe he's talking about a built car (custom built). on custom built cars, they don't add markup. that's the case for the guy i detailed his car. he just paid msrp on his custom built

but on dealer ordered cars, those on the show floors, they do mark up or whatever they want
Old 05-05-08 | 11:36 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Your enthusiasm should have YOU work for BMW.
People stating markups here
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216422

There are reports of people getting at MSRP too, but there ARE some dealers marking up.

http://stage.bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=833
Just laying out the facts from experience & not the net.. No need for me to work for any auto maker as I am doing ok..
Old 05-05-08 | 11:39 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

$76K, are you looking into the automatic coupe, fully loaded? If so, I would recommend you order it, as that is how long it will take to get the Autos anyway and you can save the mark up hassle, but certainly no discount.

If that is not the automatic, I am not sure why yours is $76K, as I just got my 6speed vert priced at $77.
Old 05-05-08 | 11:43 AM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

As of right now, no sane person should be paying anything above MSRP on Any of M3's whether it's on stealer's lot ordered by the stealer or whether you are ordering one spec-ed out to exactly you want it. And if you shop around, you should be able to get slight discount ~$1000 or have the stealer throw in some stealer installed option items. Even if you order one, you can still get some $$ off of MSRP depends on how good you can negotiate, at the end of month quota etc etc.

Originally Posted by rominl
actually i believe he's talking about a built car (custom built). on custom built cars, they don't add markup. that's the case for the guy i detailed his car. he just paid msrp on his custom built

but on dealer ordered cars, those on the show floors, they do mark up or whatever they want

Quick Reply: Need Advice on ordering the BMW M3 Coupe.