Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi S5

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 04:49 PM
stvn
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks real good. the r8 and s5 were in iron man, both looking real sexy
Old 05-10-08, 02:33 PM
KilaWombat
Lead Lap

I saw a black s5 a while back some time in 2007 driving around and I had to take a double look. Very nice looking car!
Old 12-01-08, 02:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hey guys, i recall a few members here got / ordered their s5 and i have questions about the price / lease info. i haven't spent enough time on audi forums yet, but maybe some of you have some ideas already.

we went to audi dealership today to look at the s5 (and drove the a5 to get an idea) and my wife loves how the car drives. when talking to the sales (there is a s5 in the lot), he said there is a markup on the car, maybe 5-7k. that doesn't sound right to me especially in today's economy, there is still markup on the car?

then i asked him about what is rough lease payment on the car for tier 1 credit. he said he doesn't know the residual and money factor (grrr....), but payment is like 1200-1300 with 2500-5000 down????!!!!!!!!!! and that's for ONLY 10k annual miles? at that point i just left and didn't pursue further.

i thought about it and doesn't make sense. unless audi has very high money factor and very low residual, how can the payment be that high on a 64k msrp s5? even with 5k premium, the car is only 69k. this is compared to the m3, msrp 70-73k, and 9xx (1000 at most) a month for 12k annual miles??? or m5/cls63 (both around 90k msrp) for 1200 a month??? i already got offers on those cars at those prices

on the other hand, for some reason the s5 do seem to be a bit rare. i guess audi is controlling the built very tightly. only one in the lot (custom ordered but didn't pick up) and new orders take 6-8 months. whereas there do seem to have m3/m5/cls63 inventory at dealerships. but looking at the payments the s5 suddenly doesn't make much sense?! for the same price i can pretty much get a m5 or cls63...

was the sales bsing? do you guys know what ballpark numbers i should be looking at?

thanks for the help (and reading this long boring post)
Old 12-01-08, 02:33 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
hey guys, i recall a few members here got / ordered their s5 and i have questions about the price / lease info. i haven't spent enough time on audi forums yet, but maybe some of you have some ideas already.

we went to audi dealership today to look at the s5 (and drove the a5 to get an idea) and my wife loves how the car drives. when talking to the sales (there is a s5 in the lot), he said there is a markup on the car, maybe 5-7k. that doesn't sound right to me especially in today's economy, there is still markup on the car?

then i asked him about what is rough lease payment on the car for tier 1 credit. he said he doesn't know the residual and money factor (grrr....), but payment is like 1200-1300 with 2500-5000 down????!!!!!!!!!! and that's for ONLY 10k annual miles? at that point i just left and didn't pursue further.

i thought about it and doesn't make sense. unless audi has very high money factor and very low residual, how can the payment be that high on a 64k msrp s5? even with 5k premium, the car is only 69k. this is compared to the m3, msrp 70-73k, and 9xx (1000 at most) a month for 12k annual miles??? or m5/cls63 (both around 90k msrp) for 1200 a month??? i already got offers on those cars at those prices

on the other hand, for some reason the s5 do seem to be a bit rare. i guess audi is controlling the built very tightly. only one in the lot (custom ordered but didn't pick up) and new orders take 6-8 months. whereas there do seem to have m3/m5/cls63 inventory at dealerships. but looking at the payments the s5 suddenly doesn't make much sense?! for the same price i can pretty much get a m5 or cls63...

was the sales bsing? do you guys know what ballpark numbers i should be looking at?

thanks for the help (and reading this long boring post)
sorry, I can't answer all your questions because I don't know much about audis. But I can tell you this...you should get a M3 instead.
Old 12-01-08, 07:44 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gshb
as nice as the S5 is, there are some things that shouldnt be. for instance the tilt only sunroof, the terrible sound system from B&O, and the not so hot performance for a 350hp V8.
Someone is biased the bang and olufsen is the best on the market
Old 12-01-08, 07:50 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drunk_dave
Someone is biased the bang and olufsen is the best on the market
Oh wow I did not know it was tilt only.
Old 12-01-08, 10:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
Oh wow I did not know it was tilt only.
yup tilt only. but i actually don't mind. i hardly even touch my sunroof in all my lexus

Originally Posted by STIG
sorry, I can't answer all your questions because I don't know much about audis. But I can tell you this...you should get a M3 instead.
lol, believe me she's tosssed between the s5 and m3. the two cars are virtually the same in terms of msrp. she says s5 seems a bit more classy, whereas the m3 is just totally mean

we have already had lease offers of around 9xx a month on the m3, that's why i was expecting more or less the same on the s5. when he told me whopping 1200-1300, i almost flipped
Old 12-01-08, 10:29 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

but the m3 is so ugly
Old 12-01-08, 10:32 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the moonroof whenever it's warm enough. I love fresh air.

I'm deeply in love with the S5. It's gorgeous. Pricey but gorgeous. I would love to see the DSG mated to it, although rowing six gears would be pretty fun with that mean growling V8.
Old 12-01-08, 10:38 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have you tried Tom Wood Audi? I know they had ONE S5 there that someone bought but I guess it got returned or something.
Old 12-01-08, 11:32 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bagwell
Is it just me or are the pipes on the right oval, round on the left?

Btw, I am in love with this car, just spoke to Audi dealer and one is arriving shortly, he asked if I wanted to test drive it........ <drool>...
Old 12-01-08, 11:52 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

its looks the same way to me, seems like the pic is stretched more on the right side
Old 12-01-08, 12:00 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UZ214
its looks the same way to me, seems like the pic is stretched more on the right side
Yep, must be the pic, according to Audi's website, there are dual branch exhaust with 4 oval tailpipes...
Old 12-01-08, 12:07 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

love that Audi's looks, I hate the steering wheel. its ugly.
Old 12-01-08, 12:13 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really hot car!

Quick Reply: Audi S5