Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

FIA Formula One Turkish Grand Prix.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-08, 11:11 PM
1995LS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIA Formula One Turkish Grand Prix.

Dont forget to set your DVR's for this mornings' race. It starts at 6am EST, 3am PST. Ferrari is looking strong again due to Massa getting pole for the 3rd straight year, winning the race the last 2 times in a row. The McLarens' are right there though with Kovalainen (2nd) and Hamilton (3rd). With no launch control allowed in F1, this should be another great race.
Old 05-11-08, 08:39 AM
LexFather

Thanks, one of the better tracks!!!

Old 05-11-08, 09:38 AM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another disappointing race for Toyota ...
Old 05-11-08, 10:18 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

WAY TO GO Kimi and Massa !!!
Old 05-11-08, 02:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by F1Driver
Another disappointing race for Toyota ...
They should just quit....Timo was what 13th the whole race.....

Old 05-11-08, 03:30 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
They should just quit....Timo was what 13th the whole race.....
Why should they quit? Toyota has been dominant or strong in every racing series they've ever competed in historically, with the exception of F1. They need to reorganize their team, and get some great talent in there as well as try harder.
Old 05-11-08, 03:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Why should they quit? Toyota has been dominant or strong in every racing series they've ever competed in historically, with the exception of F1. They need to reorganize their team, and get some great talent in there as well as try harder.
Look they suck and show no signs of getting a podium finish. I am not talking about other races. I am talking about F1.

Quite frankly its sickening that they don't race in America, there are no American drivers and no American brands. So I go for Toyota, but I'd rather root for Lexus. Then Toyota couldn't win a race if it was them and a bunch of kids on 3 wheels out there.

So I have to root for Hamilton. I would rather root for Ferrari, but I'm a Lambo guy instead.

So me watching F1 means I really REALLY like it

Old 05-11-08, 04:15 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Look they suck and show no signs of getting a podium finish. I am not talking about other races. I am talking about F1.

Quite frankly its sickening that they don't race in America, there are no American drivers and no American brands. So I go for Toyota, but I'd rather root for Lexus. Then Toyota couldn't win a race if it was them and a bunch of kids on 3 wheels out there.

So I have to root for Hamilton. I would rather root for Ferrari, but I'm a Lambo guy instead.

So me watching F1 means I really REALLY like it
Yes right now they suck, but arguably they have the 4th fastest car this year after Ferrari, BMW, and McLaren. They're also the only team in last 15 years to start completely from scratch.

IMHO, I much prefer Toyota having started completely from scratch in F1, as opposed to doing what BMW, Renault, Red Bull or Honda did by simply buying other teams. When Toyota wins it will mean THAT much more to them, and will earn them that much more respect, having achieved a win entirely themselves, and not by buying out a team.
Old 05-12-08, 03:12 PM
1995LS400
Lead Lap

The Super best friends, (Super Aguri Honda), were not in the race. The team has been discontinued due to cost of running an F1 team.
Old 05-12-08, 05:50 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

F1 is my favorite racing series!!! I just wish all the races were in HD (my cable co. doesn't broadcast the speed channel in HD yet ).