Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GTR mark up

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 07:28 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
I might be wrong but I think it's one of the fake pre-ordered car, and the poor actual owner who was promised the car at MSRP is still waiting for his confirmation while the dealer is trying to sell it for 20k over.

I hate Nissan Dealers, not all of them, but most. They are probably the most difficult and untrustworthy dealers I have ever done business with.

Just be careful when you are dealing with them. Have every thing in writing.

Good luck. It's an amazing car, and if it wasn't for GTR, I wouldnt even look back, and deal with them. And you can be sure that I will never set my foot into Nissan dealers if it wasn't for GTR.

BTW, if you can wait, there are reputable dealers such as CARMAX in White Marsh Nissan is doing MSRP but their wait list is way too long. Give them a call to find out how long the wait list is.
I agree with you. They aren't treating people well.
I have never purchased a new car for myself and wouldn't, but as you said, if it wasn't because of the GTR I wouldn't even look twice at it.
i have been a GTR enthusiast for a while.

anyway, yes, thanks for the advice, i will find out the details once we sit down and talk.

They actually have 3 cars they ordered. I don't know how they did that considering they aren't allowed to unless they have a buyer for em.
Old 05-16-08, 05:59 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jujharoo
I am buying one, actually committed to it already, will be here in mid June. But Dealer is asking 20 over.

What are my chances of getting it for 10 over?
Originally Posted by Tekknikal
Jujharoo, did you sign a buyers order?
Originally Posted by Jujharoo
I haven't actually.
Again the guy who is in charge wont be able to sit and talk with me until this weekend or Monday. I'm still kinda in the dark at the moment.
Then you have not committed.

Nissan plans on selling all MY09 cars long before they arrive ie none for the dealers. A valid preorder on the car consists of a signed buyers order + filled out preorder form + proof of deposit. In order to order a GT-R, a dealer GM/owner must submit all three and have them approved by NNA.

The car was ordered sometime ago. The owner of the dealership bought it for him self. It is already on the ship, he showed me the conformation. For one reason or the other, he agreed to sell it. I know his son, thats how I found out. Lucky for me its the color and package I wanted.

Now, hes telling me that it will be here in mid June, but will it be here in June 100%? I don't know. Though it takes less than a month for the vessel to reach states once it sails and it has sailed.
thats not exactly ethical - the dealer ordering the car for himself for dealer inventory, but some will do it regardless.

the first allocation of GT-Rs, at least if you aren't in Hawaii or California, are scheduled for delivery in early July, even though production on them started in April, and April production cars have been released for transport.

In my opinion, its not worth dealing with a dealer that is engaging in these practices on something like this. It's simply too much risk that you dont have to take.

My suggestion to you is to call around and find another deal. You can get a legitimate deal done at +10 elsewhere if you're willing to put in the work.

good luck
Old 05-16-08, 12:40 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
Then you have not committed.

Nissan plans on selling all MY09 cars long before they arrive ie none for the dealers. A valid preorder on the car consists of a signed buyers order + filled out preorder form + proof of deposit. In order to order a GT-R, a dealer GM/owner must submit all three and have them approved by NNA.

thats not exactly ethical - the dealer ordering the car for himself for dealer inventory, but some will do it regardless.

the first allocation of GT-Rs, at least if you aren't in Hawaii or California, are scheduled for delivery in early July, even though production on them started in April, and April production cars have been released for transport.

In my opinion, its not worth dealing with a dealer that is engaging in these practices on something like this. It's simply too much risk that you dont have to take.

My suggestion to you is to call around and find another deal. You can get a legitimate deal done at +10 elsewhere if you're willing to put in the work.

good luck
Before I open my mouth too much, I just want to say that i still don't know the details yet. Some of my friends have dealt with the same dealer and say good things about em. I think, from what I have heard, the car was meant to be for the owner or maybe for one of his family member.

anyway, again, I still haven't heard from the guy.

However, one of the guys I know is selling his car that he has ordered. Its black one, and he wants to buy a white buy. So I have couple of options at the moment.

Thou I would like to buy it from the dealer because its the color I want. red.
Old 05-16-08, 12:46 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

is GTR a limited production car as in like only 100,000 will be made?
Old 05-16-08, 02:14 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

^ 100,000 are plenty
Old 05-16-08, 02:22 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UberNoob
is GTR a limited production car as in like only 100,000 will be made?
6000 units/year would wide production.
Old 05-17-08, 08:06 PM
typeshblue
Driver

there is a place in CA have only 15k mark up and they let you order the exact options from inside out.

for those who said dont trust the nissan dealership not all of them are bad you guys make it sound like is the worst place to buy a car, toyota, honda, there are alot of bad ones to work with too