Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NSX's Gone Wild

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-08, 01:18 PM
PhuShizzle
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
wow sick video!!!!!
thanks rominl
Old 09-05-08, 01:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by PhuShizzle
thanks rominl
every time i see videos like these on nsx, i want the car. i personally really consider this an exotic car (i can care less what some think) and want to own it one day -- when i have a 3 car garage!
Old 09-05-08, 04:25 PM
PhuShizzle
Pit Crew

every time i see videos like these on nsx, i want the car. i personally really consider this an exotic car (i can care less what some think) and want to own it one day -- when i have a 3 car garage!
They're really great cars that need to be seen in person/driven to really appreciate. I think the best part about them is the nimble handling and the sitting position -- you feel like you're sitting on the floor, driving a go-cart.

The power isn't bad stock, but the supercharged ones are FAST. During some of the in-cabin shots, I had to ask them to accelerate at 80% throttle, because I had a hard time holding the camera

But hope that 3 car garage with the NSX in it comes sooner for you

Last edited by PhuShizzle; 09-05-08 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-05-08, 04:26 PM
legit
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Such a timeless design, every time I see one I just want to go out and buy one, maybe in a few years. Those newer models with the fixed headlights looked pretty good, it was the first time I actually liked the NSX with the fixed headlights and thought it looked good, usually I am not that impressed and prefer the fold up headlights much more. The car looks better then 99% of the cars out today.

I have seen quite a few NSX's on the road, much more compared to Ferrari's and Lamborgini's. I have only seen maybe 6 or 7 Ferrari's on the road in my lifetime and 3 or 4 Lamborgini's but I have seen around 15 or 16 NSX's on the road but then again I never lived in California or Florida, I am sure I would see alot more exotics in the more expensive areas of those states.
Oh...definitely +1. Although I'm in between both but hell, either can look nice. But the fixed headlights have grown on me over the last couple of years.
Well, here's a NSX tribute, I like the colour, fairly different:

Old 09-05-08, 04:35 PM
PhuShizzle
Pit Crew

^ That NSX looks mean Seen it on Prime before.
Old 09-05-08, 06:04 PM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

^ That NSX looks mean Seen it on Prime before.
It was also at cars and coffee earlier this summer
Old 09-05-08, 06:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

They're really great cars that need to be seen in person/driven to really appreciate. I think the best part about them is the nimble handling and the sitting position -- you feel like you're sitting on the floor, driving a go-cart.

The power isn't bad stock, but the supercharged ones are FAST. During some of the in-cabin shots, I had to ask them to accelerate at 80% throttle, because I had a hard time holding the camera

But hope that 3 car garage with the NSX in it comes sooner for you
you hit all the points! and nsx prime site isn't helping. every time i am on there, it ends up being 1-2 hrs pure reading (and mostly drooling)!!!!
Old 09-05-08, 06:52 PM
dc935
Rookie

and nsx prime site isn't helping. every time i am on there, it ends up being 1-2 hrs pure reading (and mostly drooling)!!!!
Henry - oh boy, if you are on Prime, its only a matter of time I LOVED my NSX and sold my very rare 2004 White/Black NSX (1 of 1 in 04) this past spring. Exotic looks and feel and that oh so important reliability.

Pic of my 04 NSX (Teins and 18/19 HRE C20s). As with most of my cars just a drop, tint, and nice rims
Old 09-05-08, 09:33 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leedogg
Whats the largest engine you can put into an nsx? I'm willing to bet that body structure can handle twice as much hp & torque. It's such a shame that acura let it fade away.
Maybe the J37 from the RL/TL/MDX, but the C32 is more of a performance oriented engine, while the J37 is more economy and emissions oriented.
Old 09-06-08, 02:05 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dc935
Henry - oh boy, if you are on Prime, its only a matter of time I LOVED my NSX and sold my very rare 2004 White/Black NSX (1 of 1 in 04) this past spring. Exotic looks and feel and that oh so important reliability.

Pic of my 04 NSX (Teins and 18/19 HRE C20s). As with most of my cars just a drop, tint, and nice rims
Did you sell your car to Rick in CA?
Old 09-06-08, 02:12 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You have some amazing talent! I knew I recognized the opening song, hehe, I love Gladiator!
For those who like the NSX....
The official NSX's Gone Wild trailer, in collaboration with the members at NSXPrime. Hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz_wYVFUgMk

Old 09-06-08, 03:17 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I lone the NSX! Sick sick sick sick sick cars. Stock they ar ehot. Modded they are steamy smoking burning hot.
Old 09-06-08, 07:25 PM
dc935
Rookie

Originally Posted by Maximus350
Did you sell your car to Rick in CA?
Yep. I sold it to him with the OEM rims, susp, and GT1 v5.1 exh. I have attention deficit when it comes to cars
Old 09-06-08, 08:38 PM
PhuShizzle
Pit Crew

you hit all the points! and nsx prime site isn't helping. every time i am on there, it ends up being 1-2 hrs pure reading (and mostly drooling)!!!!
hehehe.....

Originally Posted by dc935
Looks great. White ones are very rare, especially those in good condition.

Originally Posted by Maximus350
You have some amazing talent! I knew I recognized the opening song, hehe, I love Gladiator!
Thanks! We have a great NSX crew, which makes my job much easier.
Yup, Hans Zimmer makes awesome music - he's featured in almost all famous movie sountracks...The Dark Knight music is his work as well
Old 09-30-08, 05:16 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

So I’m thinking its almost time to finally get myself an NSX for that 'been empty forever' 3rd spot in my garage.

As I’m searching thru Car Chat I ran across this thread.

I need to say --

PhuShizzle - You ROCK!!! Awesome pic's and the editing on that video trailer is 1st class.

Great cars, and Great Work!

Thank you for sharing,

TripleL

PS Yet another example of Search being our friend.. I think

Quick Reply: NSX's Gone Wild