Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MT Comparo: 1) FX35 AWD, 2) X6 xDrive35i AWD

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 09:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by doug_999
MT is a piece of crap. I wouldn't use it to wipe my butt. I canceled my subscription years ago....

(sorry, couldn't resist sounding like certain people here who flip out when their favorite brand comes in last place).....

(ps, I think my subscription is still good - although I have not gotten this issue yet).

Guilty as charged Mike. As a big X6 fan I never even considered the FX. Truth be told, if I were to consider the X6, I would have to go test drive the FX.
That is one of my favorite lines. I am going to write a book with my one-liners

We both know you are not the only one interested in the X6 that wouldn't consider the FX, just how Motive said they would buy the Porsche if they were rich. It seems the BMW/Porsche badge just will continue to attract people and people have no issues paying more for it.

Infiniti seems to have really improved upon the FX here with their usual value pricing, it looks like a dangerous competitor. Will the badge hurt it, especially when you load the price up with options. We shall see in coming months.

This is the first comparison we have seen, so in the upcoming months we will be better able to come to a more valid conclusion as reviews roll in.

Old 05-15-08, 09:56 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new FX looks too strange to me. On the other hand, the X6 looks very good.
Old 05-15-08, 10:05 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by R1R
The new FX50 beat the Cayenne-S in this review also:

The 1G FX never beat anything in a review.

http://www.motivemag.com/pub/feature...ayenne_S.shtml

For the as tested price of the X6 xDrive35i, you could get a fully loaded FX50S.

Wow, the FX50 hit 60 in 5.2 and to 100 in 12.6 seconds. The Caynenne S times were 6.4 and 16.0
Old 05-15-08, 10:15 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Now if infiniti would put that sweet engine into the G coupe... convertible. G50c would be > *
Old 05-15-08, 11:31 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But guys, it's a BMW

MT got it pretty much right on, the only people buying this car are people who want the name and the style and could care less about driving a car that actually works well.
Old 05-15-08, 11:32 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It could be a BM-tripple-U, it still sucks.
Old 05-16-08, 02:43 AM
S8B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is one of my favorite lines. I am going to write a book with my one-liners

We both know you are not the only one interested in the X6 that wouldn't consider the FX, just how Motive said they would buy the Porsche if they were rich. It seems the BMW/Porsche badge just will continue to attract people and people have no issues paying more for it.

Infiniti seems to have really improved upon the FX here with their usual value pricing, it looks like a dangerous competitor. Will the badge hurt it, especially when you load the price up with options. We shall see in coming months.

This is the first comparison we have seen, so in the upcoming months we will be better able to come to a more valid conclusion as reviews roll in.
Comparing an Infiniti to a BMW is not the same as comparing an Infiniti to a Porsche.

Porsche's are much more expensive than Infiniti's, whereas BMW's are in the same ball park as the Infiniti's, though BMW's are usually the more expensive ones.

Infiniti is the direct competitor to BMW, whereas Porsche is just a whole other game.

Obviously, in terms of the badge, Porsche > Infiniti & BMW. It's another step up.

Old 05-16-08, 06:49 AM
LexFather

skater, yeah that is pretty common knowledge. Hell Porsche>Lexus

Old 05-16-08, 08:05 AM
TruthTellr
Rookie

I don't think Porsche or anyone else is on the same level as infiniti. We might as well get use to the fact that Nissan/Infiniti will be the one which all others will be judged by when it comes to performance.
Old 05-16-08, 05:31 PM
rg_gibson
Driver

Originally Posted by Och
Heh, BMW has always been nothing but overrated bunch of crap. The only thing they ever had going for them is "steering feel", which is overrated to begin with, and isn't even that different from other cars.
I'm sorry man I have to disagree. I have tried to reason with myself that others drive just as good but nothing under $120k drives as good as most Bimmers.
Old 05-16-08, 09:08 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by rg_gibson
I'm sorry man I have to disagree. I have tried to reason with myself that others drive just as good but nothing under $120k drives as good as most Bimmers.
$70,000 Nissan GT-R>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any BMW past, present or future.
Old 05-17-08, 04:58 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by F1Driver
$70,000 Nissan GT-R>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any BMW past, present or future.
Really? You have driven one? It has the same steering feel? That's great man! And for only $70K? Hell, where do I pick one up for that price?
Old 05-17-08, 11:18 AM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by doug_999
Really? You have driven one? It has the same steering feel? That's great man! And for only $70K? Hell, where do I pick one up for that price?
You've been living under a rock for the last year or so??? Read the reviews. Even with the $20,000 markup, it's still under $120,000 and will beat anything BMW has to offer, past, present or future.
Old 05-17-08, 11:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Features and performance aside, it took a car as ugly as the new FX to make the X6 look 'ok'.
Old 05-17-08, 11:57 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

People have to keep in mind that even if the X6 had 20hp and rode on 13 inch Daytons with 8 exhaust tips and a suspension from a Yugo there will be those that will still buy it just to be seen in a BMW. Same for other cars.

Quick Reply: MT Comparo: 1) FX35 AWD, 2) X6 xDrive35i AWD