Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Generation Sci: Scion Sponsoring Techno Music Festival This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-08, 06:57 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Generation Sci: Scion Sponsoring Techno Music Festival This Weekend

Cars like this Scion xD RS 1.0 are what make Generation Y look to the youth brand of Toyota.

DETROIT — Scion, the "youth brand" of Toyota, has signed on to sponsor the Movement 08 electronic/techno music festival here over Memorial Day weekend. The festival is billed as the largest of its kind in the world and attracts some 45,000 spectators and 70 artists on five stages in the area of Hart Plaza in downtown Detroit.

Scion Regional Manager Julie Hoermle called Movement 08 "a marketer's dream" since it, like the cars Scion makes, is geared toward Generations X and Y. Rather than mount a traditional car-based display, Scion plans to offer a "lounge" and gaming inside a 20-by-40-foot tent during the event, which takes place May 24-26. Well, there will be a few "strategically placed" cars, Scion says.

Among the performers scheduled to appear are groups with names such as Dubfire, Ectomorph and Soundmurderer. Full details of the performers and other activities can be viewed at Movement '08's Myspace page.

What this means to you: Scion continues to outpace other automotive brands — actually, most product manufacturers of any kind — with its ability to reach a target market. — Laura Sky Brown, Correspondent
Source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=126376#2
Old 05-20-08, 07:10 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool

I see a few Scions in Montreal. Just wish they were actually sold in Canada.
Old 05-20-08, 11:41 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JessePS
Cool

I see a few Scions in Montreal. Just wish they were actually sold in Canada.
yea you see the odd one in vancouver too ... i cant remember, why arent they sold up here? is there a reaosn or is it that toyota just doesnt do it?
Old 05-21-08, 08:00 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Dammit! More techno concerts in south florida please!
Old 05-21-08, 12:22 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Faymester
yea you see the odd one in vancouver too ... i cant remember, why arent they sold up here? is there a reaosn or is it that toyota just doesnt do it?
Never heard why they would not sell in Canada. If anything Canada wont let Toyota sell Scion in here.

From what I've heard a company/person can only run the same type of business twice.

The way I see it Toyota selling Toyota and Lexus. So they can't sell Scion seeing it be a third brand under the same company/person, which is stupid. Certain laws in Canada are quite stupid.