Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

bought your car to attract girls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-08, 01:21 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default girl oppinion time

i always love to weigh in on these threads because you know the original statement was made up by some 'sensible' guy who can't seem to get a girl at all ...

No I do not want to hit on the guy w. the fuel efficient car more than the guy with the sports car. If we're leaving the actual guy out of the equation and I'm picking solely based on car only; I pick the meanist, fastest, sportiest, luxuriest car of the bunch and the prius can bite me

girl 1: "I met this great guy the other day"
girl 2: "oh yea? what's he like?"
g1: "he's really sensible and nice, blah blah cluck cluck cluck blah blah, and he drives a prius."
g2: "oh, so I guess he's not really into spontanious fun then ... "

Don't get me wrong here ... I know people like that who don't like spontanious or surprises, but they would STILL hit on the sports car guy before the prius guy *sigh* not fun people
Old 05-27-08, 01:46 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
you mean a VINO with a top speed of 30mph??
Unmodded my moped tops out at about 40 MPH. My old coworkers modded one topped out around 75MPH.
Old 05-27-08, 01:48 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
i always love to weigh in on these threads because you know the original statement was made up by some 'sensible' guy who can't seem to get a girl at all ...

No I do not want to hit on the guy w. the fuel efficient car more than the guy with the sports car. If we're leaving the actual guy out of the equation and I'm picking solely based on car only; I pick the meanist, fastest, sportiest, luxuriest car of the bunch and the prius can bite me

girl 1: "I met this great guy the other day"
girl 2: "oh yea? what's he like?"
g1: "he's really sensible and nice, blah blah cluck cluck cluck blah blah, and he drives a prius."
g2: "oh, so I guess he's not really into spontanious fun then ... "

Don't get me wrong here ... I know people like that who don't like spontanious or surprises, but they would STILL hit on the sports car guy before the prius guy *sigh* not fun people
Hehehe, now that is taking it a little too far though. Maybe the guy takes the Prius on the weekdays and saves the Ferrari for the weekend
Old 05-27-08, 01:57 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
That's a gauranteed chick magnet!

And to answer the original question, no, I didn't buy my car to attact girls. I bought it because it was the best choice of all the cars I was looking to buy, in the price range that I wanted to pay!
I think a more descriptive word is a gold digger...
Old 05-27-08, 02:02 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the car because it could easily be paid off up front and it a decent car with plenty of amenities for a 19 year old. If I really wanted to buy a car to impress girls I would of went with something less popular and pricier like the new M3 or something more sportier like a roadster such as the SLK55 AMG.
Old 05-27-08, 02:42 PM
LexFather

That poll must be of women goats. Every time I talk about buying a Mini or Yaris or Prius the girls laugh. These are not gold diggers, but educated, beautiful women.

I think to some women, maybe buying a fuel efficient car means being more responsible but its not "hot" to them.

Amazingly, if you look at some recent Ferrari/Porsche forum threads, they are buying the Prius and its parked next to a Ferrari or Porsche in the garage!

Old 05-27-08, 02:44 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a fairly decent chick magnet...............................

Old 05-27-08, 03:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

More often than not, girls today have cars of their own, and probably couldn't care less what boys drive.
Old 05-27-08, 03:53 PM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
They will chat with the guy in the hybrid, then go home with the guy in the Ferrari, then eventually settle for the guy with the Camry.
If you can afford the Ferrari, you can afford the hybrid and Camry too
Old 05-27-08, 03:56 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
More often than not, girls today have cars of their own, and probably couldn't care less what boys drive.
But with gas prices the way they are, they'll want you to give them a ride everywhere
Old 05-28-08, 10:45 AM
TruthTellr
Rookie

Hot cars = Super hot chicks

Luxury cars = brainy mediocre looking chicks thats going to run your life for you.

Economy cars = Every chicks got(need) one, the man is better off following todays trend in america by being a mindless, no opinion, nonconfrontational wuss and ask for a ride from a sister or girlfriend. Todays aggresive females like having a mindless male to leash around to give the appearance that they have a boyfriend when they hit the malls. However, dude will have to learn to like sitting alone in the backseat when her friend comes along.

The money saved can be used on booze and/or crack, or for internet services to view **** and play car enthusiasts on car forums.
Old 05-28-08, 03:56 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I get 45 mpg, baby!

I get 50 MPG's baby!!! HAHAHA!!!

Now, granted the Prius meets are not quite as big...

And the "microwave," as I call it, is not quite as cool as the Duc...

Javier
Old 05-28-08, 04:07 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
That poll must be of women goats. Every time I talk about buying a Mini or Yaris or Prius the girls laugh. These are not gold diggers, but educated, beautiful women.

I think to some women, maybe buying a fuel efficient car means being more responsible but its not "hot" to them.

Amazingly, if you look at some recent Ferrari/Porsche forum threads, they are buying the Prius and its parked next to a Ferrari or Porsche in the garage!
Hot girls rarely go after "responsible" guys.
Old 05-28-08, 04:58 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

i briefly dated a responsible guy, ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz............

everything always had to fit inside his responsible box ... which meant stuff always had to have a corrisponding plan ... yea, real fun
Old 05-28-08, 05:44 PM
PyroAika
Driver School Candidate

B-b-but... I like sports cars.

:P

Quick Reply: bought your car to attract girls?