Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe confirmed: arriving alongside regular coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-08, 06:01 PM
LexFather

Exclamation Cadillac CTS-V Coupe confirmed: arriving alongside regular coupe

The Mercedes Benz CLK63 Black series, BMW M3 coupe and forthcoming Audi RS5 are officially in trouble. The Cadillac CTS-V Coupe that enthusiasts have been pining for has been officially green-lighted.

In an interview with Leftlane in March, Cadillac General Manager Jim Taylor said if his company was going to make a "V" coupe, it would probably arrive at the same time as the regular CTS Coupe, rather than months later. A recent check of supplier sources provides 100-percent confirmation that the V-badged coupe will arrive in May 2009.

It should come as no surprise that the CTS-V Coupe will pack the same supercharged, 6.2-liter, V8 motor that you find in the 2009 CTS-V Sedan. Whether the coupe will share in the V-series sedan's 550-horsepower rating remains to be seen.

Design-wise, the CTC-V will be in familiar territory. Wire mesh grilles, a power dome hood and a more aggressive, lower front fascia will all be par for the course. Whether the impressive center mount exhaust from the regular CTS coupe flows freely enough for the blown, LSA motor is a mystery.

Referred to internally as "GMX226 V S/C," this luxury, hot rod coupe will start production in the last week of May 2009. If that timing sounds familiar, it should. Rather than making customers wait a year for the V series to start production, the V Coupe will start down the production line at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant the same week the regular CTS Coupe begins.

Our best guess is that GM will debut the pair of CTS Coupes at NAIAS 2009. Once Ed Welburn finishes introducing the CTC, expect him to say something along the lines of: "and now for something a little hotter…"

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ca...-7571

Old 06-02-08, 06:29 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

And what the hell is Lexus waiting for?
Old 06-02-08, 06:38 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Lutz does not waste any time rolling out the product. Caddy is ready to rumble with the Germans.
Old 06-02-08, 07:52 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That is going to be one bad @$$ Caddie! Over 500 HP in a CTS coupe!! Yeah baby . I wonder how much they'll end up selling for, and how much dealer markup there will be?? I'm planning on test driving one when they come out!
Old 06-02-08, 07:54 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news, along with the CTS wagon, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Considering how quickly GM is releasing all of these CTS variants, I'm wondering how the quality will hold up and what sort of problems these new CTS variants might have.
Old 06-02-08, 11:52 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

ill take one of these any day of the weak over the infiniti G37, and clk coupe black series,.

the only vehicle id have a hard time debating this with is the Audi RS5. these pics however make me go
Attached Thumbnails Cadillac CTS-V Coupe confirmed: arriving alongside regular coupe-cadillacctsvcoupef34_500.jpg  
Old 06-02-08, 11:53 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

............... wowwwwww
that back end design looks absolutely STUNNING and so premiumly scultped it looks dead perfect.
Attached Thumbnails Cadillac CTS-V Coupe confirmed: arriving alongside regular coupe-cadillacctsvcouper34_500.jpg  
Old 06-03-08, 12:10 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Och
That's what I've been saying, haha, but last time I went there, it didn't turn out well.

I still think this car looks as though someone gave it a swift kick up its butt and the butt just stayed in the air, but there is no denying it still looks good, and that Cadillac is keeping the momentum rolling, unlike -ahem-.
Old 06-03-08, 12:19 AM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

dont like it at all... the only thing i like is the muffler tips, everything else from the fender vents too the prius like rear looks horrible IMO...
Old 06-03-08, 12:40 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

looks pretty good......too bad lexus will never do anything this drastic.
Old 06-03-08, 12:55 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dunno if I like the looks that much, but it sounds like one hell of a car.
Old 06-03-08, 02:15 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AM1
looks pretty good......too bad lexus will never do anything this drastic.
we honestly don't know. true they are taking their time with the LF-A but its slowly happening.
Old 06-03-08, 02:30 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

way to go Cadillac!

growing up outside of the United States for the majority ish of my childhood, Cadillacs were up on a pedestal of grandeur, the "American" luxury brand, the cars that rich people drove--until I was sorely disappointed with their FWD grannyfloats.

They're bringing back the game though!!!
Old 06-03-08, 07:47 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xcntuatd77
............... wowwwwww
that back end design looks absolutely STUNNING and so premiumly scultped it looks dead perfect.
The CTS Coupe is definitely a love it or hate it design. IMHO that back end looks absolutely horrible and I simply can't stand it .
Old 06-03-08, 08:20 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Only thing I like from Cadillac is the CTS and XLR. They honestly need to work on the interior of the Escalade.

Quick Reply: Cadillac CTS-V Coupe confirmed: arriving alongside regular coupe