Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

18 year olds and performance / luxury cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-08, 11:53 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
it's not that bad especially in the Asian communities, when those people migrate here and find out how cheap these European cars are, they usually buy 2 or 3 in cash for the family

My friend's neighbor got a ferrari 360 for his son's 16th bday

bmw forums are usually run by bunch of stupid high school kids who low ball just about everything

forums used to be good... now
Whats funny is the BMW kids think their 328s and 318s are really fast. Then they step up to a full-sized Lexus sedan and get enilated...

Then their excuse "I missed 2nd gear"

But I happened to mess with a kid in a 08 535I just for kicks. He killed me and started ragging on the 'ol LS4. Hello, apples to oranges. $45,000 BMW 535I and a LS400 worth maybe $16,000 now if I'm lucky.
Old 06-09-08, 02:13 AM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
Welcome to Marlboro NJ, my old home town.

Marlboro population... 70%~ Caucasian, of which 90% Jewish.

Marlboro high school... 70% Jewish (98% of which all have that Guido hair style, unbutton bare chest shirts, bling chains, wearing sunglasses in class), 30% something else, of which 90% are also a form of non Italian, non Caucasion Guido!

99% of all mentioned above, drives either BMW 3 series, 5 series, or Mercedes C class.

100% of all mentioned above are d*ck heads, jerks, drive like morons, bump loud rap music with one hand over the steering wheel at 12 O'clock and slouching over their seats.

God I hate my old town, thats what happen when all the rich people from NYC decide they want suburbia and move down to NJ taking their dumb kids with them.

May I add all 100% of them are also in community colleges still partying their asses off.

BMW makes big bucks there, their dealer were one of the first to receive the new M3 coupe when it hit the east cost.
Huh... Malboro had all of that? I left when I was 7, so all I remember was elementary school. I comprised one of 5 asian kids in my grade probably.
Old 06-09-08, 08:29 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

18 year old spoiled brats and any highline vehicle period should be the title of this thread. When I was 18, my behind took public transportation. Mommy & daddy taught me the value of hard work. Work hard and buy that BMW, Lexus, Merc on your own and move out of mommy and daddy's house.
Old 06-09-08, 11:24 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is also noted that the younger owners/posters need to check their grammar more. I come across a poster here and there that is just painful to read his threads. These guys use commas like its going out of style.
Old 06-09-08, 11:53 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverBull
I think it is also noted that the younger owners/posters need to check their grammar more. I come across a poster here and there that is just painful to read his threads. These guys use commas like its going out of style.
they also use periods, proper sentence structure, and spelling like it's going out of style...
Old 06-09-08, 01:23 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by whoster
they also use periods, proper sentence structure, and spelling like it's going out of style...
Sorry, not to be critical but there should not be a comma between "structure" and "and."

It should have really read like the following:

"They also use periods, proper sentence structure and spelling; like it's going out of style."

BTW, I agree with Silver to the fullest extent! There are so many younger guys these days that do not know how to convey themselves grammatically and/or properly. It may sound pretty stupid because these are just forums but it "might" also show the level of education that one possesses. In today's society education rules; it can get you anywhere. For those that are spoiled use this "free" time without having to work or without any bills to finish school and continue education so you can MAINTAIN the same lifestyle that your wealthy parents have afforded you later on in life; otherwise it will be a rude awakening without their assistance!
Old 06-09-08, 01:28 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

I like so many cars and have always been a fan of BMW's. I am now starting to choose cars, not based on if I like them, but also the general community behind them. BMW forums are hit and miss. The mature ones with good info are not that active, where the active ones have alot of junk. I think another big example is 350z forums vs infinti g35 forums. essential with a few things, you are getting the same type of car and upgrades are similar that are done to them. But the 350z has a real immature audience, likes to street race, drift illegally etc. Where the G35 audience is more sophsicated and mature, very similar to a Lexus audience, so I would pick the g35 over the 350z for that reason. I am so impressed with the club lexus board, I will rank it up with the very best on the net.
Old 06-09-08, 03:23 PM
Jakex1
Pole Position

speaking of 18 year old and bmw's. I saw a brand new 08?09? white m3 on the high way drive up to see who it is. None other than a guido with 1 hand on the wheel leaning in. -_-
Old 06-09-08, 04:31 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBull
like i said ebfore, not everyone. but you think some of those DAMN KIDS on the forums are bad, just look at any spoiled brat from that sweet 16 show

eX.
dAD-here you go honey, a brand new range rover
daughter- Damn you dad, i wanted a white one, not a black one
Dad- o im sorry, ill let you keep both.

As much as i experience this type of ignorance a lot, lets not just blame the kids for acting the way they do or how they act, look at the parents. As they saY, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
Old 06-09-08, 07:00 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Let's not forget not all 18 year olds are this way...
Old 06-10-08, 01:19 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
..........I am now starting to choose cars, not based on if I like them, but also the general community behind them...........
Are you serious? You are choosing your car based on the community and not how much you like the actual car?

That's a bit sad....
Old 06-10-08, 07:37 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 758 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Sorry, not to be critical but there should not be a comma between "structure" and "and."

It should have really read like the following:

"They also use periods, proper sentence structure and spelling; like it's going out of style."
The comma between "structure" and "and" is personal preference. It's grammatically correct with or without that comma.

http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzo...mmar/comma.htm Just for support
Old 06-10-08, 09:32 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
The comma between "structure" and "and" is personal preference. It's grammatically correct with or without that comma.

http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzo...mmar/comma.htm Just for support
Interesting...I'll keep applying my personal preference then.
Old 06-10-08, 09:40 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 758 Likes on 528 Posts

Yeah, a misplaced comma is the least of our worries when it comes to today's grammar.
Old 06-10-08, 09:53 AM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Brilliant viral video idea: Japanese Bug Fight motif. Throw an 18-yo bmw owner into one side of the container. Then throw my coworker's kid brother in, who drives a 350Z and verbalized "Jealousy? No way. You forgot I drive a Z? I can take the new M3 anytime."

Quick Reply: 18 year olds and performance / luxury cars