Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

18 year olds and performance / luxury cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-08, 02:41 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 18 year olds and performance / luxury cars

So I am cruising through the "other" site and somene does a poll asking the age of everyone. Jesus, it was embarassing how young everyone is. In fact there was a 16 year old on there claiming that his Dad bought him a 328 but he still hast to take the test. The grammar is unreal on those sites. The young bucks these days don't value being able to write I guess. I have seen my fair share of run-on sentences lately but this takes the cake. 80% of the people modding out their cars are leasing them on top of it. I don't agree with that one at all.

I put another offer on an 91' NSX with no luck. I figure in this ecomony some person is likely to bite.
Old 06-06-08, 02:42 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

I HATE the BMW boards I've come across... bunch of immature ****** that think their cars are flawless in every little detail.

That's why I still hang out here and one other board. I mean there's still some serious Lexus fan boys here but it's the exception, not the norm... whereas on those boards it's like a support group meeting where everybody takes turns making each other feel special for having a BMW, and they go about it in the most berating of ways.
Old 06-06-08, 02:48 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

yea, I know what you are saying. They there to boost their egos about their cars. There are a lot of morons that own BMW's and MB's I have noticed. Too many people buy a car for the badge and not for what it does or should do.
Old 06-06-08, 02:52 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey, i was 17 when i started looking for my car, 2IS and now im 18..

Although i didnt get my car for free, i have to pay off every penny for the car and the insurance. So i believe there are people out there that truly work hard to get what they want and thats me.

I dont like the BMW boards, the people there arent nice but you cant take everything online seriously if you do it will drive you crazy
Old 06-06-08, 03:03 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me, it's not just the young BMW owners, older BMW owners have the same cocky, ignorant attitude as well. Go check out Edmunds Carspace forum if you don't believe me.

No wonder people associate BMW with a$$holes...

BMW brang tag
Old 06-06-08, 03:08 PM
carguy101
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this guy delivering pizzas in his new 3 series. No joke.
Old 06-06-08, 03:08 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

lol my cousin, who turns 19 in september has a brand new 335i. he also has done all these mods to it, and seems to me making it pretty good because he has all these sponsors. anyways...

and yes he is what i categorize as a bmw owner personality wise
Old 06-06-08, 03:10 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SilverBull
yea, I know what you are saying. They there to boost their egos about their cars. There are a lot of morons that own BMW's and MB's I have noticed. Too many people buy a car for the badge and not for what it does or should do.
if you look at the big picture, the majority of luxury good sales are due primarily to the brand name. people arent buying them for the quality of the good or service. its a status symbol now, which unsurprisingly, dilutes the image of having that good or service to begin with. case in point is louis vuitton.

i love how people magazine race different cars. someone is going to call someone else stupid for getting an Evo X and not a 135i because the 135i is faster on paper, but just how many people will actually take the 135i out to a legitimate race? in fact, people who buy the Evo X most likely bought it specifically to take it out to the track! reality and perception are two different things.

CL's car chat section is probably the best forum ive been to. period. i dont even own a lexus anymore and i keep coming back.
Old 06-06-08, 03:12 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Well I am not surprised that the 16 year old has a 328i. My brother (who is 16) recently received a 335i coupe which was paid in full, although he does not plan to modify the car. Yeah, it is true that most BMW and Mercedes Benz drivers are cocky and lease their cars. I do not get the point of someone modifying a car that they do not own.
Old 06-06-08, 03:20 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it's not that bad especially in the Asian communities, when those people migrate here and find out how cheap these European cars are, they usually buy 2 or 3 in cash for the family

My friend's neighbor got a ferrari 360 for his son's 16th bday

bmw forums are usually run by bunch of stupid high school kids who low ball just about everything

forums used to be good... now
Old 06-06-08, 03:35 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I am cruising through the "other" site and somene does a poll asking the age of everyone. Jesus, it was embarassing how young everyone is. In fact there was a 16 year old on there claiming that his Dad bought him a 328 but he still hast to take the test. The grammar is unreal on those sites. The young bucks these days don't value being able to write I guess. I have seen my fair share of run-on sentences lately but this takes the cake. 80% of the people modding out their cars are leasing them on top of it. I don't agree with that one at all.

I put another offer on an 91' NSX with no luck. I figure in this ecomony some person is likely to bite.
Welcome to Marlboro NJ, my old home town.

Marlboro population... 70%~ Caucasian, of which 90% Jewish.

Marlboro high school... 70% Jewish (98% of which all have that Guido hair style, unbutton bare chest shirts, bling chains, wearing sunglasses in class), 30% something else, of which 90% are also a form of non Italian, non Caucasion Guido!

99% of all mentioned above, drives either BMW 3 series, 5 series, or Mercedes C class.

100% of all mentioned above are d*ck heads, jerks, drive like morons, bump loud rap music with one hand over the steering wheel at 12 O'clock and slouching over their seats.

God I hate my old town, thats what happen when all the rich people from NYC decide they want suburbia and move down to NJ taking their dumb kids with them.

May I add all 100% of them are also in community colleges still partying their asses off.

BMW makes big bucks there, their dealer were one of the first to receive the new M3 coupe when it hit the east cost.
Old 06-06-08, 03:35 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whlkev
it's not that bad especially in the Asian communities, when those people migrate here and find out how cheap these European cars are, they usually buy 2 or 3 in cash for the family

My friend's neighbor got a ferrari 360 for his son's 16th bday

bmw forums are usually run by bunch of stupid high school kids who low ball just about everything

forums used to be good... now
Ya European cars in the united states are so much cheaper than in Asia!
Old 06-06-08, 03:47 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

80% of the people modding...
Yea well... 80% of the ppl here arent really 'modding' since bolt-on stuff isnt really 'modding' its just 'customizing to suit personal tastes'... a car with rims isnt a 'modded' car, its just a car with rims. Now modding the rims with say crystals or paint work (diy or taking it to a shop) is what 'modding' is...
Old 06-06-08, 04:07 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I'm 18 right now, and got my SC300 a year and a half ago. My parents did help me out a little bit but I have since paid it off. (took me a little over 8 months) One of my other options of car to get was a E36 M3. Their higher price deterred me at first, and after browsing their forums, I was convinced that I DID NOT want to be a part of that crowd. I'm so much happier with my Lexus.
Old 06-06-08, 04:15 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Good luck on that NSX hunt, awesome car.

Quick Reply: 18 year olds and performance / luxury cars