Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dinan update

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-08, 08:46 PM
FSUJBP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
... The Dinan sway bars on her car (for example) were smaller diameter than even the OEM BMW M swaybar...
Originally Posted by Coco-bun
...wow
The E36 M3 Dinan front springs are around 20% (IIRC) softer than stock while the rear are much stiffer. Supposed to create more neutral handling but Dinan is the only BMW tuner I can think of that actually uses softer springs than stock in an "upgrade" suspension package.
Old 06-10-08, 09:24 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lalexusgs
That is actually numbers at the crank, not at the wheels.
Thanks for the correction. Also, I recall that the full S1 (Stage 1) package with the new Dinan wheels, suspension, and performance upgrades actually makes the 335i more expensive than the E92 M3.
Old 06-11-08, 02:14 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SilverBull
I'm sorry but don't you think those still good numbers even at the crank? This is only a inline-6. I have seen dynos for cars with those engine flashes that are getting 340 rwhp and 375 rwtq. That is just with a software upgrade and no bolt-ons. This car is most definitely capable of getting 400 hp at the wheel with other add-ons like downpipes and stronger piggyback system.
yes but at what cost? go with the JB2HH combo. Thats what i have.
Old 06-11-08, 08:55 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aw, but I still have my warranty intact with all of my mods for 4 years. Try bringing in your car with your juicbox in connected. $2k for that much hp and tq is still a good deal anywhere I look for most cars. I got the oil cooler and intercooler for long term safety of the turbos.
Old 06-11-08, 01:09 PM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBull
Aw, but I still have my warranty intact with all of my mods for 4 years. Try bringing in your car with your juicbox in connected. $2k for that much hp and tq is still a good deal anywhere I look for most cars. I got the oil cooler and intercooler for long term safety of the turbos.
I agree. But I would rather get a soon upcoming plug-and-play JB3 for much less money and about the same HP/TQ output, that I can easily remove before dealership visit. Or better yet also soon upcoming Shark Injector that is even less trouble for dealership visits.
But yes, Dinan warranty is a big plus.
Old 06-11-08, 01:11 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Dinan offers a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty correct?
Old 06-11-08, 04:01 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, and they are the only modification company to offer that. Sure, you can get cheaper piggybacks and mods but how much is it worth if you just bought your car and mod it out of warranty? Dinan also has a nice rep with BMW over the years. Juicebox and Procede are new to ballgame even though the products work reasonably well. If my car was out of the warranty (48K+ miles) than I would go for the most aggressive piggyback booster that I can find. Hell, I will probably try to upgrade the turbos at that point. For not this is good enough though.
Old 06-11-08, 04:20 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

I have been seeing Dinan modified BMWs all over the place