Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Debating between 05 TSX and 04 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 11:50 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

The TSX is a nice car... It's 6 grand cheaper and has a 6MT. It's also easier to mod and costs less to maintain and insure. Then in 3-5 years, get the newly re-designed IS.
Old 06-25-08, 08:13 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Well, the TSX that I drove was a 5 speed auto, and I though it was pathetic, and at that time I was comparing it to a tired 1994 GS300 that I had. The ride was horrible, acceleration was pathetic, interior room leaved much to be desired, although build quality was great and beige interior with light wood accents was gorgeous. I came to the dealer with all the intentions to buy the TSX, because my wife crashed the GS300 and it just wasnt the same after repairs, and I completely changed my mind after I test drove it. The old GS300 simply did everything better.

As far as being or not being fun to drive, the worst thing that you can do is base your opinion on that based on magazine reviews. Any modern V8 RWD sedan, besides perhaps Lincoln Town cars, is hella fun to drive. Dont forget, TSX isnt a highly tuned sports sedan, its your basic slow FWD four banger with low profile tires, loud exaust and stiffer spring/shock rates to make it feel sporty. I bet most people will find LS430 way more fun to drive, and especially for the OP, since he's coming from a first gen LS400, the LS430 will be like super improved, perfected car that he loved and owned for a few years.
Hmm .. I do not know what you are smoking but an LS400 or LS430 is not consider a fun to drive car. It's tune to be a highway cruiser and one of the best at that. TSX is a great cruiser but not as good as a LS400/LS430. It's more fun to drive on twisty than a LS400/LS430. Also it's a 4-banger, of course acceleration is a drag. TSX are not know to be a fast sedan, it's know for it's handling. Please ask any car guys that know handling of the car, whether the LS is a better to drive than a TSX. We are not talking about cruising on a highway here.

When you have a chance go test drive the TSX with the 6speed. That is a sweet gear box.
Old 06-25-08, 08:29 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wmb0000
Hmm .. I do not know what you are smoking but an LS400 or LS430 is not consider a fun to drive car. It's tune to be a highway cruiser and one of the best at that. TSX is a great cruiser but not as good as a LS400/LS430. It's more fun to drive on twisty than a LS400/LS430. Also it's a 4-banger, of course acceleration is a drag. TSX are not know to be a fast sedan, it's know for it's handling. Please ask any car guys that know handling of the car, whether the LS is a better to drive than a TSX. We are not talking about cruising on a highway here.
Well, if I did most of my driving on Nürburgring racetrack, then maybe I would find the TSX more fun to drive than LS430. But there's a little problem with that. You see, once you sign off the internet, real world happens to you, where you drive on public roads, that are rough, full of potholes, and with very few twisties. And in such condition, LS430 is simply more fun and rewarding, and not just when cruising on a highway. It's 300hp engine will allow you to pass 90% of cars from a stop, its RWD and excellent steering system will allow you to make quicker maneuvers and sharper turns, and it wont beat on your kidneys every time you incur an imperfection on the road. And like you already said, its far superior for cruising on a highway as well, with smooth engine and suspension you can cruise at 90mph and not even know how fast you're going.

Originally Posted by wmb0000
When you have a chance go test drive the TSX with the 6speed. That is a sweet gear box.
Well honda does make the best manual transmissions, bar none. But why would you want a manual for a daily driver?
Old 06-25-08, 08:53 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The price for the LS430 is bargain but i don't know if i want LS430 as a daily driver.
Old 06-25-08, 10:57 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Suneet
I'm going to finance the car. I've got 6K in my hand right now, and the rest I will need to finance. Depending on the rate, I can pay it off aggressively (less than 2 years), but if I get a good rate, I see no point in paying it off in less than 3 years.

I graduated from college about a year ago and I'm trying to save up as much as I can, which is why I originally started considering a civic, but I just don't think I'd be happy with it. That and the 06-07 Civics were still looking like they'd cost near 12-13K, so I figured a TSX would be a good compromise..
You pretty much just answered your question. You only have 6K to spend right now, your just out of college, and trying to save up as much you can. The TSX is obviously the better choice. The TSX is 6K less expensive then the LS your looking at and will cost much less to fuel, maintain, and insure. After spending 6K more on the LS it will most likely cost at least an extra 1K a year to own considering gas mileage, insurance, and more expensive maintenance. At your age you should be trying to save as much as possible for a place to live, your furniture, starting to invest in your future, and "just in case" money, etc because alot of things can happen that sucks up money you saved. Sure a LS430 is a nicer luxury car but it is also alot more expensive, why not save the money and get a TSX or maybe a used IS300 and wait a few years when you are older and more secure to get a more expensive car like a LS. Before I got my GS430 I had a 96 Accord and a 94 Eclipse and even though I may have liked the idea of an expensive lux car I am glad I had inexpensive 4 cylinders because it helped me save money for more important things at that point in my life.

Even when I was shopping for a GS430 I really wanted a late model Supra Turbo, used E46 M3, Porsche 911, or a brand new RL. I had the money to buy those much more expensive cars and went on some BMW/Porsche sites and most of them said to get the much more expensive 911/M3 as it will be so much better then a GS but since I was still pretty young for those type of cars and knew they would be a pretty heavy financial burden I decided against it and I will wait until I am more settled to get more expensive cars like that and I am now very glad I made the decision against them and have more money in my pocket. I know alot of people on this site are going to say get the LS because an Acura TSX is a poseur lux/sports sedan or just has a 4 cylinder compared to a v8 and the LS is so nice but you have to first consider your finances and needs and if you really need a much more expensive LS over a less TSX that will leave with alot more money in your pocket. A 6 speed TSX will be quicker 0-60 then your old 94 LS but will be a good deal slower then a LS430 but there is a pretty good aftermarket for the TSX to make it quicker, I believe there is a chip or computer reflash that nets it a good deal more hp.
Old 06-25-08, 11:27 AM
LexFather

Hey Udel, its not "this site" a lot of people on ALL SITES feel that way and in person about the TSX WHICH IS A EURO-ACCORD.

You sit in the 2 cars for 20 seconds and the difference is freaking obvious. There is more engineering in the LS door than the TSX.

Both have pros and cons but for what he wants, basically better MPG is what he wants, well 4 MPG is no gain worth mentioning especially considering one is a measly 4 cylinder and the other is a V-8.

While it maybe FUN at TIMES to shift the crap outta the TSX to get the most of its powerband it can ALSO GET OLD quickly as you struggle around town if you are in the wrong gear.

The LS can be BORING MOST times but it can get out of its own way and its a much much better daily driver given size and luxury and torque.

The LS for goodness sakes was voted one of the best cars EVER made and it won most comparos, if not placing highly, in the top luxury class.

Its a no brainer for me.

Old 06-25-08, 11:39 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT

You sit in the 2 cars for 20 seconds and the difference is freaking obvious. There is more engineering in the LS door than the TSX.
Quoted FTMF truth, lol.

Last edited by Och; 06-25-08 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-25-08, 11:43 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Well, but he's coming from a V8, and switching to a 4 cylinder he's likely to mash on it, after being used to a torquish V8. Plus TSX is just inheretanly dog slow, so it has to be mashed to be driven agressively, while LS430 just goes and the slightest touch of the throttle. Look, both of my LS400 and GS430 get comparable mileage to my old Honda Civic on the highway, it is especially true of GS430 which can do 30mpg on straight up highway driving at 80mph. My Civic used to do roughtly 30 mpg on the highway, while driving way slower than 80, it just couln't sustain 80 without feeling like its falling apart. And the TSX is much heavier than a civic, so real world mileage between LS430 and TSX might be closer than you think.

Well, the TSX that I drove was a 5 speed auto, and I though it was pathetic, and at that time I was comparing it to a tired 1994 GS300 that I had. The ride was horrible, acceleration was pathetic, interior room leaved much to be desired, although build quality was great and beige interior with light wood accents was gorgeous. I came to the dealer with all the intentions to buy the TSX, because my wife crashed the GS300 and it just wasnt the same after repairs, and I completely changed my mind after I test drove it. The old GS300 simply did everything better.

As far as being or not being fun to drive, the worst thing that you can do is base your opinion on that based on magazine reviews. Any modern V8 RWD sedan, besides perhaps Lincoln Town cars, is hella fun to drive. Dont forget, TSX isnt a highly tuned sports sedan, its your basic slow FWD four banger with low profile tires, loud exaust and stiffer spring/shock rates to make it feel sporty. I bet most people will find LS430 way more fun to drive, and especially for the OP, since he's coming from a first gen LS400, the LS430 will be like super improved, perfected car that he loved and owned for a few years.
He had a 94 LS400, a 6 speed TSX will be quicker then his LS400. 94 LS400s did 0-60 around 8 seconds where 6 speed TSX were mainly low 7 seconds and there is a decent aftermarket for the TSX to make it quicker. The TSX is not "dog slow" unless you are expecting it to accelerate like high performance 6 cylinders or newer v8s, low 7 seconds and even dipping into high 6 seconds 0-60 is not that slow and plenty of power for most drivers. If the poster had a 94 LS400 then he is most likely not into a vehicle that is all that fast because a LS400 is not very quick especially for an 8 cylinder. You should have driven the 6 speed version if you were looking for performance and the sportier aspect of the TSX. A 6 speed TSX will be just as quick if not a little quicker then your 6 cylinder 94GS also but the inline 6 will most likely be a little smoother and feel more powerful because of the torque.

I don't know what is wrong with your older civic that it is getting similar fuel economy to your v8 LS and GS but I can tell you that is not normal and you need to take it to a good mechanic for a tuneup, put more air in the tires, or something to get it back performing like it should. You getting 30mpg on the highway in your GS is not typical at all either, the best I have seen when I babied mine on the highway was around 26-27mpg but it is normally in the lower 20's combined. Civics generally get in the 30's on the highway so I would take it to a mechanic if it is getting that poor of gas mileage because civics will get much much better fuel economy then big v8 sedans if driven the same way and if it doesn't then there is something wrong with it. I looked at a few sights and it seemed the avg for the LS430 was around 21mpg where the TSX was reported at 25.5mpg, 29mpg,27mpg, 34mpg from a few sources. LS430 rated at 18/25 where 6 speed TSX rated at 21/30 and auto rated at 22/31, that is a pretty big difference especially highway and will amount to a good amount of annual fuel savings.

I have driven both cars so I am not basing my opinions just based on magazines, never felt the LS430 was fun to drive, it was very comfortable, relaxing, and smooth and had good acceleration but it was nowhere near fun to drive or something I wanted to find a nice curvy road and exploit its handling and have fun. It was a cruiser. The TSX on the other hand was sporty and fun to drive and even though it was not soft like the LS it did not have a rough or backbreaking ride, it was fine to me and crisp and comfortable. Of course a LS430 is a nicer luxury car but it is a flagship and over twice as expensive so it should be, the TSX is the much sportier funner car to drive though and more suitable for a younger driver where a LS is more for older drivers especially ones able to spend much more money.

The OP has said he does not have too much to put down right now, is a recent college grad, and is trying to save as much money as he can, so a much less expensive TSX is the obvious better choice for him at this point. He is not in the position to spend alot on a car right now or more on something nicer that he really doesn't need and should be smart and get the less expensive more fuel efficient car and save the money for more important things other then big expensive v8 lux cars at this point in his life. Actually a TSX is still kind of expensive for his circumstances and a less expensive civic, integra, RSX would make even more sense and a better choice, he can always get a bigger nicer more expensive car when he is older, with more money, and more settled.
Old 06-25-08, 12:26 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UDel
He had a 94 LS400, a 6 speed TSX will be quicker then his LS400. 94 LS400s did 0-60 around 8 seconds where 6 speed TSX were mainly low 7 seconds and there is a decent aftermarket for the TSX to make it quicker. The TSX is not "dog slow" unless you are expecting it to accelerate like high performance 6 cylinders or newer v8s, low 7 seconds and even dipping into high 6 seconds 0-60 is not that slow and plenty of power for most drivers. If the poster had a 94 LS400 then he is most likely not into a vehicle that is all that fast because a LS400 is not very quick especially for an 8 cylinder. You should have driven the 6 speed version if you were looking for performance and the sportier aspect of the TSX. A 6 speed TSX will be just as quick if not a little quicker then your 6 cylinder 94GS also but the inline 6 will most likely be a little smoother and feel more powerful because of the torque.
I have a 94 LS myself, and I had a 94 GS, and I test drove a TSX, and it was dog slow compared to my old 94GS, which is somewhat laggier than a 94LS. As far as 0-60 times, these optimistic numbers are usually achieved by professional drivers that rev the living crap out of the cars before dropping them in gear, etc. In the real world people do not drive like that. Lets just put it this way, when me and my wife drove the TSX after the GS300, we both had a WTF expression on our faces, that thing was very unimpressive.

I don't know what is wrong with your older civic that it is getting similar fuel economy to your v8 LS and GS but I can tell you that is not normal and you need to take it to a good mechanic for a tuneup, put more air in the tires, or something to get it back performing like it should. You getting 30mpg on the highway in your GS is not typical at all either, the best I have seen when I babied mine on the highway was around 26-27mpg but it is normally in the lower 20's combined. Civics generally get in the 30's on the highway so I would take it to a mechanic if it is getting that poor of gas mileage because civics will get much much better fuel economy then big v8 sedans if driven the same way and if it doesn't then there is something wrong with it. I looked at a few sights and it seemed the avg for the LS430 was around 21mpg where the TSX was reported at 25.5mpg, 29mpg,27mpg, 34mpg from a few sources. LS430 rated at 18/25 where 6 speed TSX rated at 21/30 and auto rated at 22/31, that is a pretty big difference especially highway and will amount to a good amount of annual fuel savings.
Well, first of all, I do not have the civic anymore, but there was nothing wrong with it, at all. Like I said, in the city driving it was quite a bit better than my GS, averaging rougly 25-27mpg, while my GS does maybe 15... maybe. But on the highway they are comparable, the civic does roughly the same mileage on the highway as it does in the city, because its engine has to spin faster, and it starts burning lots of gas when going uphill, etc. The GS however improves a lot on the highway, straight highway driving I usually get 450-500 miles to a tank. Theres nothing extra ordinary about it either, its just well maintained and I dont have any mods or huge rims. And once again, fuel mileage often depends not on what you drive, but how you drive it, just watch the latest Top Gear episode where they got better mileage out of V8 M3 vs a hybrid Prius.

I have driven both cars so I am not basing my opinions just based on magazines, never felt the LS430 was fun to drive, it was very comfortable, relaxing, and smooth and had good acceleration but it was nowhere near fun to drive or something I wanted to find a nice curvy road and exploit its handling and have fun. It was a cruiser. The TSX on the other hand was sporty and fun to drive and even though it was not soft like the LS it did not have a rough or backbreaking ride, it was fine to me and crisp and comfortable. Of course a LS430 is a nicer luxury car but it is a flagship and over twice as expensive so it should be, the TSX is the much sportier funner car to drive though and more suitable for a younger driver where a LS is more for older drivers especially ones able to spend much more money.
Look, if you want to find a curvy road to explore handling, then you're better off finding a proper car to do that, because neither TSX or LS are sports cars. Yes, the TSX will do better than the LS because of its light weight and tighter suspension, but how often do people drive on nice curvy roads? Do these even exist outside of internet?

In real world driving high speed handling is pretty much irrelevant, I'd say that grip is more important, and LS will have superior grip compared to the TSX with its wider tires, weight, and RWD. And combined with a powerful engine and RWD's oversteer its far superior when you need to pull a fast turn in front of oncoming traffic, or flip a fast U-turn, and other stupid crap that all of us are guilty of sometimes. But yeah, TSX will be better when taking one of these round exits from a highway at tripple the recommended speed limit.

The OP has said he does not have too much to put down right now, is a recent college grad, and is trying to save as much money as he can, so a much less expensive TSX is the obvious better choice for him at this point. He is not in the position to spend alot on a car right now or more on something nicer that he really doesn't need and should be smart and get the less expensive more fuel efficient car and save the money for more important things other then big expensive v8 lux cars at this point in his life. Actually a TSX is still kind of expensive for his circumstances and a less expensive civic, integra, RSX would make even more sense and a better choice, he can always get a bigger nicer more expensive car when he is older, with more money, and more settled.
Well money is always an issue, but you just get sooooooooo soooooooo much for the extra 6K with the LS. Honestly, if I was in the situation, I'd rather spend 25K on the LS, but I would not spend 18K on the TSX... Its just not worth 18K. I'd consider it for 12.... maybe.

As far as RSX or Integra, these are cheaper, but they can become a money pit if you decide to start modifying them. And its hard to resist with all the crap available for them. I should know, I had god knows how much money dumped into my old Civic, probably at least 10K, if not more. With LS, theres nothing much to modify, so it saves you money
Old 06-25-08, 12:36 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
Hey Udel, its not "this site" a lot of people on ALL SITES feel that way and in person about the TSX WHICH IS A EURO-ACCORD.

Both have pros and cons but for what he wants, basically better MPG is what he wants, well 4 MPG is no gain worth mentioning especially considering one is a measly 4 cylinder and the other is a V-8.

While it maybe FUN at TIMES to shift the crap outta the TSX to get the most of its powerband it can ALSO GET OLD quickly as you struggle around town if you are in the wrong gear.

The LS can be BORING MOST times but it can get out of its own way and its a much much better daily driver given size and luxury and torque.

The LS for goodness sakes was voted one of the best cars EVER made and it won most comparos, if not placing highly, in the top luxury class.

Its a no brainer for me.
I am not arguing that a LS in not a nicer luxury car then the TSX, of course it is. It is a very expensive luxury flagship and costs over twice as much as a TSX when new, it better be a good deal nicer although your door comment is a overexaggeration. He is not asking for nor are we recommending the nicest car money can buy and money is no object but the best car for him and his situation. The TSX is going to get much better fuel economy then a LS, 4mpg or 6mpg(different sources say different avg) is still a pretty big difference and depending how much he drives will save him alot of money over the years. He did not say just fuel economy, he said he is a recent college grad and trying to save as much money as possible and does not have much to put down, the TSX he is looking at is 6K LESS EXPENSIVE and will be less expensive to maintain and insure which will save him at least around 1K or more each year on top of the 6K he is saving. 6K is alot of money and can buy alot of furniture or pay at least 6 months rent if not more. No financial advisor would recommend he get the LS in his current position, they would not even recommend he get a 18K used TSX but something much less expensive.

Why are you recommending a much more expensive nicer car for a guy who is a recent grad, does not have alot of money to spend, and is trying to save as much as he can? I can't believe you are recommending a big more expensive less fuel efficient v8 rwd luxury car for a 23 year old guy who is concerned about fuel economy and is not able to spend alot of money at his point in life over a much less expensive 4 cylinder car that gets better fuel economy just because the LS happens to be nicer and has more prestige, none of what should really matter at this point. He was originally heavily considering a civic because of his situation and is also debating a completely opposite car like the LS which is not going to help his situation or gas needs or something in the middle like a TSX which would be a smarter choice over the LS but the civic would be the smartest choice. What is that LS going to do for him at his age that is 6K plus better or needed that the TSX is not going to do. It is not like he has all his debt paid off, a bunch of money in the bank, and a great paying job and a house yet so it is smarter to save as much as he can now then splurge on a unnecessary nicer more expensive car. Unless he hauls many things or always giving rides to several people on long trips the extra room in the LS will not mean anything or be worth the extra money. The front seats on the TSX are not cramped and have plenty of room.

At his age and situation he should be thinking more of what he "needs" and finances then what he "wants" and what is nicer and a TSX is actually much more car then he really needs right now and is very nice. Very few people his age have a car anywhere near as nice or as expensive as a Acura TSX let alone a LS430 so why not wait a few years to get a nicer much more expensive car when he is more settled and ready financially for it.
Old 06-25-08, 12:43 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
With LS, theres nothing much to modify, so it saves you money

HAHAHAHA if only that were true. I spent atleast 12K on my 94 LS

Och and Udel both make some good points.

I'm just so on the fence on this one. If I can get the TSX for 15, I'll do it, but if it comes closer to 18, then screw it, I'd rather spend a little more and buy my LS.

I'm not too worried about financing. I've got a great job, it's just that my expendible income is somewhat low, becuase I have some very aggressive long term saving goals (maxing out roth 401K, stock investments, etc.). So I don't have a lot of money saved up that I can use on expenses like a car, but I am saving aggressively towards retirement and a mortgage.

I'm going to test drive the TSX again, and I'll probably only consider the TSX if I can get it near 15. If it is 18, then I'll either go for the LS430, or just pickup a slightly used civic.

I'm fairly certain that in most of my driving, I would enjoy the LS430 more. I just considered the TSX because it might be fun to own a manual, since I've never owned one before, and it has a lot of features I want that a Civic does not. I could ofcourse just pick up a manual civic.. I'll have to look into that. If I bought the TSX, I'd probably sell it in 3-4 years.

Buying the LS430 is not a status or image thing.. it's just a car I love. Like OCh said, it's basically a much improved version of the car that I used to own and love.

Last edited by Suneet; 06-25-08 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-25-08, 12:44 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

At his age and situation he should be thinking more of what he "needs" and finances then what he "wants" and what is nicer and a TSX is actually much more car then he really needs right now and is very nice. Very few people his age have a car anywhere near as nice or as expensive as a Acura TSX let alone a LS430 so why not wait a few years to get a nicer much more expensive car when he is more settled and ready financially for it.
Because if he doesnt get a nice car now, he will later get married, his wife will make him a lot of children and force him to buy a minivan. So he needs to get the LS and enjoy it while he can!
Old 06-25-08, 12:45 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Suneet
HAHAHAHA if only that were true. I spent atleast 12K on my 94 LS
Holy crap.... What did you have in there, lol?

Aren't you the guy from 1LS forum that had a headgasket issue?
Old 06-25-08, 12:56 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Holy crap.... What did you have in there, lol?

Aren't you the guy from 1LS forum that had a headgasket issue?
I am.. well, a ton of things. I had a full paint job that was around 5K (some paid by insurance), custom leather interior, another 1K, sound system around $2k, misc suspension mods another $1k, remote start / misc other interior mods and maintenance costs.

I guess it's closer to $10K and that does cover some stuff that might be considered maintenance.
Old 06-25-08, 12:59 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och

Look, if you want to find a curvy road to explore handling, then you're better off finding a proper car to do that, because neither TSX or LS are sports cars. Yes, the TSX will do better than the LS because of its light weight and tighter suspension, but how often do people drive on nice curvy roads? Do these even exist outside of internet?

In real world driving high speed handling is pretty much irrelevant, I'd say that grip is more important, and LS will have superior grip compared to the TSX with its wider tires, weight, and RWD. And combined with a powerful engine and RWD's oversteer its far superior when you need to pull a fast turn in front of oncoming traffic, or flip a fast U-turn, and other stupid crap that all of us are guilty of sometimes. But yeah, TSX will be better when taking one of these round exits from a highway at tripple the recommended speed limit

Unless you are doing super high speed driving mainly on a track you don't need a hardcore sports car to enjoy and have fun with especially on public roads, you will never be able to exploit anywhere near the handling limits of a proper sports car on public roads especially in America but you can enjoy a curvy road in a sporty tight handling coupe or sedan like a TSX or 3 series. The TSX has plenty of grip and much more confidence inspiring then a floaty LS or my GS that leans way to much when I corner. The fwd TSX will also be a much better and safer car in the wet Seattle climate and tires will last much longer on the less powerful car saving him money. In a area that gets a fair amount of snow there is no contest the TSX will be the safer better choice then a big rwd v8 lux car. The TSX is also smaller and has a tighter turning radius then a LS.

Either way you cut it the TSX is able to be quicker then the older 94LS even if you have to rev it higher and get a better launch and in your situation going from being used to v8 torque to the auto 4 cylinder, of course it will feel much slower but that does not mean it is "dog slow" compared to most cars out there, you still should have tried the 6 speed. Like I said the LS is a nicer lux car then the TSX but for this guys situation I think he should go for a much less expensive car and less expensive car to own and wait to get something nicer and more expensive later on in life when he is more prepared. He is not in the position right now to get and own a LS430 even one at a great deal for 24K though he may be able to swing a downpayment and paying it off, it will leave him little extra for anything else he will need or should be saving for, he is really not in the position to get a 18K TSX right now but it is certainly the smarter choice but not necessarily the nicer more luxurious car of the two. I may like a LS at his age but in his current situation I would have to go for the TSX or something less expensive but I would be very happy with the TSX, it is a very nice car.

Quick Reply: Debating between 05 TSX and 04 LS430