Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Maserati Quattroporte and Quattroporte S Revealed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-08, 11:17 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default 2009 Maserati Quattroporte and Quattroporte S Revealed.

Maserati Quattroporte: A "Second" Masterpiece

The Maserati Quattroporte, a name that defined the category for the "Luxury Sports Sedan", in its current version can be considered something of a Maserati masterpiece. Five years of sales growth, 46 international awards and more than 15 000 cars delivered speak to its success as the flagship of Modena. A balanced blend of sporting capability and acclaimed design has defined the timeless attributes of cars bearing the Trident. For 2009 the Maserati Quattroporte is now being presented with a new look and new technical solutions.

The history of art is characterized by audacious artists who challenged pre-existing conventions and contributed seminal works. Some artists even challenged themselves by remodeling their own works and taking them to the next level. Leonardo Da Vinci produced a second version of his masterpiece known as "The Virgin of the Rocks". 400 years later, Matisse reinterpreted his original version of "Le Luxe". The results of both are essentially new works; although they are identical in size and very similar in composition to the originals; it is the new style that makes the second versions the most influential.

With some degree of similarity, Maserati is now realizing it's second "painting": the new Maserati Quattroporte.

Thanks to Pininfarina's unrivalled and skilful hand, the Maserati Quattroporte is being refined in a modern way, yet always mindful of the standards of purposeful line, elegance and exclusivity which characterize the style of the Maserati Quattroporte.

The personality and glamour of the Maserati flagship are now represented by two products: the Quattroporte and the Quattroporte S.

The former is fitted with the familiar 4.2 liter V8 engine, while the latter adopts the new 4.7 liter 425 Hp V8 recently introduced on the GranTurismo S, with a different tuning specification.

Both cars have the 6-speed automatic transmission developed in association with ZF.

Exterior styling changes include:

A newly design front fascia which adopts the traditional Maserati vertical slats, a design cue seen most recently on the Maserati GranTurismo.

The front and rear light units are also updated, featuring LEDs.

The under-door molding is defined with a line that runs into that of the new bumpers, which have a wider protective band and more pronounced rear styling.

Side-view mirrors are also new, with a dynamic shape and a more streamlined mounting.

The Interior of the Quattroporte, renown for a design clarity and sense of occasion has also seen many updates including an all new, state of the art Entertainment and Navigation system. Primary and secondary controls for both the passenger and driver have been refined in order to enhance ease of operation.

Two new shades of leather, Marrone Corniola and Sabbia, will replace the beige which was previously in the range, and debut on the Quattroporte S and Quattroporte respectively.

The new Quattroporte and Quattroporte S will be presented to potential prospects, customers and Maserati loyalists at events the world over beginning July, 2008. Deliveries are anticipated beginning in the fourth quarter of this year.
*source
http://jalopnik.com/396841/2009-mase...rte-s-revealed

I love it
Old 06-23-08, 11:40 PM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been in love with the first model since day one. It has so much soul. It really is a work of art. There is nothing on the road that looks like it. The best part is that its made to be driven. It handles like a sports car. When you pop the hood, the engine is deep in there, past the axle thats why the nose is so long. This helps give the car a better weight ratio.

This new refined version looks beautiful. They really changed up the front end which I felt was the weakest part of the car. Only downside is the MPG of this car. The first model was rated at 14mpg but my friends never see better then 9-10mpg. I will one day own this car.
Old 06-24-08, 12:20 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my god I love the Quattroporte....
Old 06-24-08, 08:00 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The LED head/taillights help. They always looked they were designed for an Asian car, not an Italian flagship...
Old 06-24-08, 10:40 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like everything about the quattroporte except for the rear lights

cause Ford Fusion's got them too
Old 06-24-08, 10:44 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

In terms of exterior appearance, this car never does anything for me - if you don't look at (or don't know) the badge, it doesn't even look like a luxury car at all to me until you peep inside the interior . . .
Old 06-24-08, 11:00 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I also love this car.
Everytime I see one I stop and stare. It's the combination of sport and luxury that gets me. Lots or luxury and lots of sport. It looks like no other car imo. Certainly you can pick parts that could be similar to another marque but the overall look is unique.
AND THE INTERIOR IS GORGEOUS!!!
I stopped at a dealership and spent an hour just staring at it.
Old 06-24-08, 11:40 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by WidebodyQ
I have been in love with the first model since day one. It has so much soul. It really is a work of art. There is nothing on the road that looks like it. The best part is that its made to be driven. It handles like a sports car. When you pop the hood, the engine is deep in there, past the axle thats why the nose is so long. This helps give the car a better weight ratio.

This new refined version looks beautiful. They really changed up the front end which I felt was the weakest part of the car. Only downside is the MPG of this car. The first model was rated at 14mpg but my friends never see better then 9-10mpg. I will one day own this car.
I feel your energy with this car.