Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anybody using Hagerty Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-08, 01:47 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody using Hagerty Insurance?

After seeing a few of the crack-ups on CL, I really started to get nervous thinking about my SC and what would happen if the car got totalled. It's definitely worth more than the "fair market value" as quoted by my insurance agent. I would guess 2-3x more than a typical 1993 SC300.

After discussing my concern with my agent, he mentioned that Allstate has no provisions for custom vehicles but that they work directly with Hagerty Insurance in cases like this. As long as the vehicle is not daily driven and limited to ~3k miles/year, it can receive coverage.

He called Hagerty and actually quoted me a premium that was about 45% less than what I'm paying now through Allstate. And with NO DEDUCTIBLES! If the car was ever totalled, i would receive the amount I insured the car for.

Have any of you dealt with Hagerty or know of people that have? There are a ton of vehicles on Club Lexus that I'm sure would benefit with collector car insurance. What's your take?
Old 06-26-08, 08:56 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody?

I've talked with some collector car buddies and they are all using Hagerty for insurance of their collectible/show cars. I think anybody that has a collectible that is not being daily driven should investigate. I'm definitely going to move my car over to Hagerty.
Old 06-26-08, 12:39 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used them in the past for muscle cars, very inexpensive and easy to insure, there is another classic car insurer that even removes the mileage limitation, don't remember who but all these guys advertise on Speed shows like My Classic Car and Dream Car Garage, check it out.